Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

The players that wouldn’t come play for Coach B are coming to play for Coach Red. Hmmm .Good sign.

To be fair, the word back then was that he wanted to come here, but his “handlers” were looking for that big bag. Thus…..Auburn.

On the flip side though, if we had gotten him then, I’m not so sure we would have gotten Judah.

I believe he has said that Westry has a lot of baggage or alluded to that.
I don’t care what Slater said about him. He deserves a fresh start, and should be judged on what he does at Syracuse. And his comment to ESPN evidenced appreciation to Auburn and Cuse and maturity. Plus, it sounded like his father was the issue not him. Chance deserves a clean slate at his new home at Syracuse.

Ehhhh. We need to build a complete team. I know people like Copeland here, but we need some shooting. We can’t go all athleticism. That’s what has killed Hop.
I dont disagree but so long as Copeland can distribute, rebound and defend he’ll find mins imo. Bell or Taylor become dispensable when they arent scoring. To be clear though Im not saying we are or should move on from those two. We’re just starting to become a more complete team. Need big ugly’s now

I dont disagree but so long as Copeland can distribute, rebound and defend he’ll find mins imo. Bell or Taylor become dispensable when they arent scoring. To be clear though Im not saying we are or should move on from those two. We’re just starting to become a more complete team. Need big ugly’s now
Tbc me saying Copeland could leave was somewhat of an educated opinion. I didn’t come up with it on my own.

Tbc me saying Copeland could leave was somewhat of an educated opinion. I didn’t come up with it on my own.
I hope he doesn't, but I would understand why he would leave. If Judah comes back, we could easily play Juday, JJ and Chance in the starting lineup. If we play tough m2m defense and play up tempo, I would expect to play 10 guys. So, the backups for those 3 guys would be Copeland, Taylor and Bell, presumably. Still 10-15 minutes of PT for each of those guys. I may be wrong, but I want our guys going 100% every minute they are on the floor, so I don't want anyone over 30 minutes.

Couple years ago we were recruiting JJ, Westry and Copeland with the hopes of getting at least one if not two. Now we have all 3 and maybe Judah too.
Is that good?

Would certainly be a shame. Copeland has tools to help
Agreed. And assuming Judah is definitely gone after his soph year(if he comes back for it), Copeland could be the starting PG as a Junior.

I’d love to see him step up and become like a sophomore Scoop Jardine spark off the bench and playing a big role this year. Seems you could find lots of combos between Judah, JJ, Westry, and Copeland that could work. Will be nice to always have 2 ballhandlers in the game, and many times have 3.

Would certainly be a shame. Copeland has tools to help

This 144%.

Copeland can still get decent minutes backing up the 1 & 3.
IF he can hit some open 3’s, could also play some 2.

Hopefully Red sells him on the fact that playing M2M means we’re no longer gonna have the starting guards playing 35+ mins each.

And - even IF Judah returns, it’s only for 1 year.

Likewise for 1 or both of JJ & Chance - if they have a great year, then they’ll also likely declare.
(We’re Cuse, and this is how we do)

Quadir would be a virtual shoo-in to be starting PG as a Junior.

** edited to add - IF Judah doesn’t return, then Chance is the PG.
that’s not JJ’s game.

Last edited:
All this talk about Jesse and Slater I half expect to see a Screech reference in this thread.
Well done sir.
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

I wouldn't rule out seeing 4 guards on the floor at the same time and Hima out there with Quadir, Westry, JJ, Judah.

Doesn't make sense for Copeland to leave and not try and get more minutes under Red. He can't possibly feel like any of last years freshmen are blocking him.

I wouldn't rule out seeing 4 guards on the floor at the same time and Hima out there with Quadir, Westry, JJ, Judah.

Doesn't make sense for Copeland to leave and not try and get more minutes under Red. He can't possibly feel like any of last years freshmen are blocking him.
We're actually building depth...and agree with guys 6-5 and above...you can really play 4 guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom