Charlie Strong Fired ?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Charlie Strong Fired ??

If Mizzou's issues were enough to drive him away, I just don't see how Baylor attracts him... unlesss it's a 10-year $3M-$5M deal. Not happening.

It's okay to feel bad for a guy no matter what he's making IMO. It's a tough business and he seems like a good guy

So tired of the Babers to Baylor BS. Lots of dancing around stuff. If you know something concrete spit it out, otherwise chill. Put your name on it.

1) I don't think Babers leaves

2) With that said...IF he were it wouldn't be for Baylor. Places like Oregon (who want to fix their high powered offense) or LSU (who wants a high powered offense) are the schools with just silly, sick, stupid money who could just throw so much at somebody that would cause him to jump and not have the buyout be a factor in any decision. I'm sure both schools want a bigger name (although Oregon will probably go with Frost,) but if either did fall in love with Dino those are the places where the $$$ comes into play big-time.

But back to point #1...I'd be stunned if Babers leaves.

Just get tired of the "I heard a rumor" guys.

There are 2-3 things promised by Coyle but not yet delivered on by SU. This is no rumor either but DFB will wait until end of season to consider - nuff said.

1) I don't think Babers leaves

2) With that said...IF he were it wouldn't be for Baylor. Places like Oregon (who want to fix their high powered offense) or LSU (who wants a high powered offense) are the schools with just silly, sick, stupid money who could just throw so much at somebody that would cause him to jump and not have the buyout be a factor in any decision. I'm sure both schools want a bigger name (although Oregon will probably go with Frost,) but if either did fall in love with Dino those are the places where the $$$ comes into play big-time.

But back to point #1...I'd be stunned if Babers leaves.
Money isn't an issue at Baylor.

There are 2-3 things promised by Coyle but not yet delivered on by SU. This is no rumor either but DFB will wait until end of season to consider - nuff said.

Yeah and how long are they going to keep taking about dome renovations.. need to get started on some things...
So tired of the Babers to Baylor BS. Lots of dancing around stuff. If you know something concrete spit it out, otherwise chill. Put your name on it.

I say Dino leaves.. I doubt he knows right now. There are going to be more solid jobs opening as well.

babers is not quitting after season 1. come on. that's crazy talk and against everything he has preached since day 1.

and if he does, I'm done with football and maybe college sports altogether.

babers is not quitting after season 1. come on. that's crazy talk and against everything he has preached since day 1.

and if he does, I'm done with football and maybe college sports altogether.
Baylor was built by Baber's mentor and runs the exact same system and has the talent to compete for a National Championship right now .

We are staring 4-8 in the face. I don't know many 4-8 coaches that are who are shoo-in candidates for another job.

Just imagine if we hired a coach who just went 4-8...and you thought the Ash potential hire was epic...

Babers is NOT going to Baylor. That is just ridiculous talk.

Baylor was built by Baber's mentor and runs the exact same system and has the talent to compete for a National Championship right now .

No, they do not. Plus, have you seen their incoming class? It imploded after Briles left and those kids are not coming back even if Babers ended up there. That said, it wouldn't matter, Baylor won't reach out to Babers and Babers isn't leaving after one year.

No, they do not. Plus, have you seen their incoming class? It imploded after Briles left and those kids are not coming back even if Babers ended up there. That said, it wouldn't matter, Baylor won't reach out to Babers and Babers isn't leaving after one year.
If you were Baylor , wouldn't you want a coach who's system is the same as Briles'. That would be a seemless transition , no , " It will take time to get the athletes that fit his system " speak . And yes , they do have the talent to make a run at a Championship .

Last edited:

Baylor had already contacted DFB but as usual he won't consider his options or any other school until season is over. SU still hasn't delivered on 2-3 things DFB needs and that doesn't include the Dome Reno.

Baylor had already contacted DFB but as usual he won't consider his options or any other school until season is over. SU still hasn't delivered on 2-3 things DFB needs and that doesn't include the Dome Reno.
What are the 2-3 things?

Baylor had already contacted DFB but as usual he won't consider his options or any other school until season is over.

Is this based on your internal knowledge or from media innuendo?

If you were Baylor , wouldn't you want a coach who's system is the same as Briles'. That would be a seemless transition , no , " It will take time to get the athletes that fit his system " speak . And yes , they do have the talent to make a run at a Championship .
Everyone seems to forget that Phil Montgomery would be candidate for them. He has Tulsa 8-3 with losses to Ohio State, Houston (7 points) and Navy (2 points). He was OC for Baylor and would do a good job there. I think he would be higher than Babers on their board.

Everyone seems to forget that Phil Montgomery would be candidate for them. He has Tulsa 8-3 with losses to Ohio State, Houston (7 points) and Navy (2 points). He was OC for Baylor and would do a good job there. I think he would be higher than Babers on their board.

Agree. He hasn't left the area so he's still recruiting it. Babers has been in Illinois, Ohio, Syracuse for the last 5 years.

The only possible issue with Montgomery from a Baylor perspective is, since he was there more recently, how close is he to what brought them down? Even if innocent, it's a connection that they may need to avoid altogether.

If DB leaves, the fans and SU administrators get what they deserve IMO. If you cant recognize what your greatest asset is and do all that is possible to keep it (especially when he was promised certain things), then you don't deserve him as your coach. And to the fans, I get it's been a rough 15 years, but this was a bad year to set the 2nd worst attendance record in Carrier Dome history.

I am serious, if he decides it's in his best interest to leave, I hope the 5-7 best young players on this team leave as well, because they deserve better. None of the players or coaches deserve the level of support that they have received this year. Winning here is hard enough as it is.

Randy Edsall is on line 2.

Not only Montgomery but the Texas OC who's also from the tree.

Baylor is a cesspool though and they're not ped state so I have a hard time believing they'll weather this storm.

Not only Montgomery but the Texas OC who's also from the tree.

Baylor is a cesspool though and they're not ped state so I have a hard time believing they'll weather this storm.
Pure speculation but i would expect Baylor to look for a fresh start and not go to the briles tree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom