Charlie Strong Fired ?? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Charlie Strong Fired ??

For those of us not privy to the 3 still unfulfilled commitments you've previously mentioned, would you be willing to post an acknowledgement if/when the university follows through on each promise?

Thanks.

The admins & a few of the long time posters I've pm'd before know the issues and the holdup of the Dome reno announcement. I think SU has and continues to move towards complete equal footing with other P5 football programs but universities take a very long time to change (plus we've had 2 ADs in 2 years and that's been really disruptive).

Baylor seems to be the only one rumored to be interested in DFB given his 4 or 5 win record (and the only one with enough $$$) because they have previous ties with each other and because he runs the Briles system that Baylor wants and identifies with. Again, this should play out very soon one way or another (I'll breath much easier once Baylor formally announces its decision).

I'm not sure if this post is directed to my earlier response to Chakka so I'll just add that I agree with you.

I hope Babers stays but I won't be destroyed if he leaves.

I'm more interested in tangible evidence of how committed the university is to rebuilding a nationally prominent football program than the fate of one coach.

- IPF
- Babers 6 year, 2M+ salary
- 3 added recruiting staffers this season

The school is doing plenty. More to be done, but there is evidence.

The admins & a few of the long time posters I've pm'd before know the issues and the holdup of the Dome reno announcement. I think SU has and continues to move towards complete equal footing with other P5 football programs but universities take a very long time to change (plus we've had 2 ADs in 2 years and that's been really disruptive).

Baylor seems to be the only one rumored to be interested in DFB given his 4 or 5 win record (and the only one with enough $$$) because they have previous ties with each other and because he runs the Briles system that Baylor wants and identifies with. Again, this should play out very soon one way or another (I'll breath much easier once Baylor formally announces its decision).
I heard there is a substantial buyout as well. I hope it's true. But... if a Baylor etc. Wants him bad enough, they will pay

Shouldn't Dino have faith - belief without evidence?
He did when he signed. Just like his recruits/players/fans do when they sign up before seeing any results.

The difference is after you see some games and seasons, you expect to start to see evidence. The players/recruits/fans should and Dino should.

I'd be very surprised if Dino is Baylor's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 8th choice...I've been wrong before but he's a much tougher sell to the fan base at 4-8 than he was after the Va Tech game.

Man, guys. Would you please stop with this?

Nothing will ever be enough for you, will it? No amount of what Dino says and no amount of hires at other programs. Dino is always leaving for somewhere, isn't he?

I just have to block all these threads to keep sane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom