Charlie Strong Fired ?? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Charlie Strong Fired ??

I'm not going to stop being a fan bc a coach leaves after one year. Get a life people. I mean it's absurd. Don't be held hostage by ones ambition.

Like I said I appreciate Paul Pasqualoni more and more for not leaving this outpost after the Fiesta Bowl in 92.

So tired of the Babers to Baylor BS. Lots of dancing around stuff. If you know something concrete spit it out, otherwise chill. Put your name on it.
Why go to a school that could get sanctioned? Just don't see it.

His record is not irrelevant, and he has lost winnable games. That isnt to say he isnt a great coach, but it is to say that he hasn't been phenomenal to a level meriting fear that Baylor will swoop in, pay his buyout, and take him away. Also, and I can't stress this enough, we'd be fine even if they do. If they want to pay a couple of million dollars for Dino, then we could basically take that money and give it to a new coach.
The record being relevant is only your opinion.

Clearly there are programs interested in stealing him already, proving my point.

How fine were we with Gerg? How fine were we with Marrone? How fine were we with Shafer? We're fine.

The record being relevant is only your opinion.

Clearly there are programs interested in stealing him already, proving my point.

How fine were we with Gerg? How fine were we with Marrone? How fine were we with Shafer? We're fine.

What are you talking about? I can almost promise you that there aren't any P5 programs that are interested in taking him right now that are in a better position than we are. Also, the Gerg, Marrone, and Shafer comparisons are unwarranted because we weren't spending money on coaches and facilities while they were here. Also, again, if we got a couple of million dollars for a Babers' buyout, then we could spend more money on a head coach. Look, if you want to pretend that the sky is falling, then go pretend that the sky is falling. However, for what it's worth, I can assure you that it isn't.

What are you talking about? I can almost promise you that there aren't any P5 programs that are interested in taking him right now that are in a better position than we are. Also, the Gerg, Marrone, and Shafer comparisons are unwarranted because we weren't spending money on coaches and facilities while they were here. Also, again, if we got a couple of million dollars for a Babers' buyout, then we could spend more money on a head coach. Look, if you want to pretend that the sky is falling, then go pretend that the sky is falling. However, for what it's worth, I can assure you that it isn't.

We built the IPF when Shafer was here and what other facilities have we built other than that? So we hired 4 more coaches, big deal.

Did you read my post or chakka's?

What P5 team isn't in a better position that SU? BC, Butgers, and who else exactly? Especially financially, most of them are huge state schools and the ones that aren't have all done better than us recently or have boosters with very deep pockets. Or are you talking about schools like Minnesota that hired away our AD for 2x the money he was getting here.

Please assure me with something other than you opinion. When Babers appears on list of other P5 schools that are interested, that is usually the smoke followed by seeing the actual fire.

We built the IPF when Shafer was here and what other facilities have we built other than that? So we hired 4 more coaches, big deal.

Did you read my post or chakka's?

What P5 team isn't in a better position that SU? BC, Butgers, and who else exactly? Especially financially, most of them are huge state schools and the ones that aren't have all done better than us recently or have boosters with very deep pockets. Or are you talking about schools like Minnesota that hired away our AD for 2x the money he was getting here.

Please assure me with something other than you opinion. When Babers appears on list of other P5 schools that are interested, that is usually the smoke followed by seeing the actual fire.

What schools? Seriously, what schools have him on the short list? You and Chakka just keep parroting this type of stuff, and to be perfectly honest with you, I don't believe you. I do not believe that Babers, who lost to Wake Forest and whose system has fallen apart without Dungey, is someone that other schools are willing to hire away. I really don't believe that he is someone that they would pay a buyout for. Jesus, people were questioning whether he was the "right choice" here before VT.

Also, a lot of schools are in a better position than us, but those schools don't want our 4-8 coach.

Last edited:
What schools? Seriously, what schools have him on the short list? You and Chakka just keep parroting this type of stuff, and to be perfectly honest with you, I don't believe you. I do not believe that Babers, who lost to Wake Forest and whose system has fallen apart without Dungey, is someone that other schools are willing to hire away. I really don't believe that he is someone that they would pay a buyout for. Jesus, people were questioning whether he was the "right choice" here before VT.

Also, a lot of schools are in a better position than us, but those schools don't want our 4-8 coach.
Keep your head in the sand.

Not saying he goes but he is sought after, whether you believe it or not.

I'm a big Babers fan, but will be surprised if he left after this year. Truly, other than the VT game, when have we looked good?

4 wins was thought unreasonable at the start of the season. Reality check time.

His record is not irrelevant, and he has lost winnable games. That isnt to say he isnt a great coach, but it is to say that he hasn't been phenomenal to a level meriting fear that Baylor will swoop in, pay his buyout, and take him away. Also, and I can't stress this enough, we'd be fine even if they do. If they want to pay a couple of million dollars for Dino, then we could basically take that money and give it to a new coach.

Literally every coach loses winnable games in CFB. Even the best teams with the best talent. And people know where we've been. Dino is graded on a curve and rightly so.

You should believe Chakka.

Literally every coach loses winnable games in CFB. Even the best teams with the best talent. And people know where we've been. Dino is graded on a curve and rightly so.

You're right, he should be graded on a curve. We, as fans, grade him on a curve and give him time. However, I just do not see how people can honestly believe that they have seen enough this year to think that another school will pay HCDB's buyout. Maybe I'll buy it after year three if we get to a solid bowl game, but certainly not after this year.

This thread is so depressing. If SU isn't willing to keep promises and make the commitment necessary even with all the extra ACC money, then I guess we can expect 1-4 wins a year in perpetuity with the occasional 6 win dream season.

If Dino leaves I hope he does it early in the carousel.

Someone is going to be very lucky they're getting him without a buyout in December.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom