Chase Jeter transferring from Duke to Arizona | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Jeter transferring from Duke to Arizona

Isn't it amazing how all the top recruits seem to go to just 4 schools? UK, Duke, KU, AZ.
Maybe NCAA needs to appoint a special prosecutor.

Isn't it amazing how many championships those 4 teams won over the last 10-15 years;)

It clearly doesn't seem to matter for better or worse. One knows that all those teams will be super solid, have great regular reasons, and have a probable protected Tourney seed. We need to start having some regular seasons like that. Fast.

Isn't it amazing how all the top recruits seem to go to just 4 schools? UK, Duke, KU, AZ.
Maybe NCAA needs to appoint a special prosecutor.
Comey's 'free.' Dude is 6'8" — must have hooped at some point. Unless he was... [horror] a volleyballer...

Where does Tucker end up? Cuse, and GaTech are out. Georgia, Mercer, or maybe back up to the NY area. Iona, Seton Hall, St, John's? Can we set up odds?

Championships? Since 2000:
UK = 1
KU = 1
AZ = 0
Duke = 3
SU = 1
Exactly, my point is just because these teams get all the top talent, aside from Duke it doesn't coorelate to championships

Exactly, my point is just because these teams get all the top talent, aside from Duke it doesn't coorelate to championships
Indeed, it does however correlate to being very competitive for those championships. Kansas has won 14 B12 titles in a row. UK has 9 SEC titles since 2000. Duke has 10 ACC titles. It allows those teams the opportunity to get top protected seeds to the dance, typically in their backyards. From that point, the NCAA tourney is a crapshoot in that bad matchups and young inexperienced talent, albeit very skilled, can get beat by "lesser," teams who have more chemistry. Long story short, the talent these teams have gotten has won them a ton of games and conference titles, and puts them in the best position to win NCAA titles. Heck with our most talented teams of the last 10 years, we should have two more titles at least. Bad luck and injuries cost us. It happens to everyone.

Last edited:
You're missing my point. I'm just raising the question why all the elite recruits are pretty much going to the same 4 schools. The fact that they don't seem to win titles that much more than anyone else (except slightly for Duke) makes it even more curious. And nobody finds this ... curious?

You're missing my point. I'm just raising the question why all the elite recruits are pretty much going to the same 4 schools. The fact that they don't seem to win titles that much more than anyone else (except slightly for Duke) makes it even more curious. And nobody finds this ... curious?
Think the answer is, because despite their skill level and immense talent, they are young freshman, who make mistakes. They leave after a year, and each team then turns over again, and needs to work its way back up. A few mistakes in the tourney and you lose. A bad matchup, and you lose. Duke's 2012 title run, like UCONN's recent title, both got incredibly lucky with their draw. Now they still needed to go win games, and had the talent to do that, but there was no way, either was the best team. Heck, I think we were the best team in 2012. As Mason said, being a protected top seed, means a ton, as it gives you the best chance to get to the FF. It certainly doesn't always happen, as we've shown lately with a 10 seed. Getting the best players, helps you get to the top seeds, and gives you a great chance, but its still very much a measure of luck and skill that wins you a title.

Comey's 'free.' Dude is 6'8" — must have hooped at some point. Unless he was... [horror] a volleyballer...
Don't forget Wilt was a volleyballer . . . Comey is positively "gradtransferesque." ;-) --VBOF

I think if the tournament was even best of 3, more top teams win championships.

One game favors upsets. It's an exciting way to determine a champion but it doesn't always mean the best team wins. There is a reason other leagues have series.

Championships? Since 2000:
UK = 1
KU = 1
AZ = 0
Duke = 3
SU = 1
How many Conference championships, though? Don't they matter?
How many top recruits, because top recruits follow top recruits?

My feeling is that the number of championships is a great stat. But, it's not the stat when choosing a model. You want whatever gives you the best odds to win championships. And every year, those teams have the better odds. After that, it's a tournament.

And that's why being successful year in and year out is more important to long term success and being in the position to win a title than just showing up and hoping for the best.

If Incarnate Word wins the title next year, they're not going to out recruit UK, Duke, us or even DePaul.

Where does Tucker end up? Cuse, and GaTech are out. Georgia, Mercer, or maybe back up to the NY area. Iona, Seton Hall, St, John's? Can we set up odds?
GT will take em back

Momentum of media exposure as being elite destination sets big stage

And that's why being successful year in and year out is more important to long term success and being in the position to win a title than just showing up and hoping for the best.

If Incarnate Word wins the title next year, they're not going to out recruit UK, Duke, us or even DePaul.

We went to the final four last year so no worries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom