Chase Jeter transferring from Duke to Arizona | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Jeter transferring from Duke to Arizona

i remember back in 1996 we were looking at a 6'9"swing mike chappell. duke had already signed a very similar player in chris carrawell for the class. still chappell declares for duke. well no minutes there and so after 2 years transfers to michigan state. this is another manifestation of the early exits. playing time. in the past kids weren't willing to sit 2- 3 years for a star to move on so the top talent was more evenly distributed throughout the league. just one more reason to hate the one and done showcase league.

Yeah, I think they had Nate James in that class too.

O'Connell could be our 6th man next year and he won't play for at least 2 years at Duke if Kennard and Allen come back. Coaches need to negatively recruit against coach K's short rotations. He has so much talent on the bench.

O'Connell could be our 6th man next year and he won't play for at least 2 years at Duke if Kennard and Allen come back. Coaches need to negatively recruit against coach K's short rotations. He has so much talent on the bench.
O'Connell is a legacy though. Different situation.

Tyler Lewis says hello.

As does Ryan Boateng, another former Dookie. He made McD AA simply because he was a Duke recruit. Finished his college days at ASU, I believe.

He very well may be the worst McDonald's All-American ever. The worst.

There's gotta be a worse one on this list who got the Duke bump

McDonalds All-Americans

my vote is for this guy

e1f507736481d02b45389ea5d678820f.jpg

As does Ryan Boateng, another former Dookie. He made McD AA simply because he was a Duke recruit. Finished his college days at ASU, I believe.
Freudian slip? Sounds like someone still has a bad taste of UConn in they mouf ;)

A little different situation. None were top-15 guys, McD AAs who left only to be replaced by another McD AA. I don't know what happened on the BJ Johnson front and that seemed like a case of the player/family not being on the same page as the coach. I think BJ could have definitely contributed this season. The others were projects who got caught up in the scholarship reductions. Chino graduated, but had a year of eligibility left so he went somewhere where he could get minutes (turned out: not too many more). Kaleb, I dunno, he was given a choice to go or stay and not play. It's not like we had some top-5 PG getting ready to commit and had to clear his position out. He got replaced with a fifth year transfer. Howard, if he were to transfer is not about ability but liability for off-court issues. Syracuse doesn't do a lot of transfers out and with the exception of a couple of projects during a period of unknown scholarship reductions.

Semi Ojeleye barely played at Duke and then was the AAC POTY after being replaced by Tatum. UK has had a few 4+ stars transfer as well when it got crowded (and a few who declared for the draft only to go undrafted or barely drafted).
I think BJ was a scholarship reduction victim too. His dad certainly doesn't seem to hold a grudge against JB and any jibes at our program are made with a wink.

Joey Beard was McD AA for Duke as well

Taymon Domzalski is another McDonalds AA who went to Duke and did nothing. Career averages of 4 points and 3 rebounds.

Their hit/miss ratio with big guys is atrocious. I don't know why these guys keep going there.

Taymon Domzalski is another McDonalds AA who went to Duke and did nothing. Career averages of 4 points and 3 rebounds.

Their hit/miss ratio with big guys is atrocious. I don't know why these guys keep going there.

Absolutely true. Kansas and NC, on the other hand, almost always turn all of their recruits into serviceable big men who can execute basic offensive moves in the post, can pass out of a double team, can roll to the hoop, offensive rebound and defend the post. Fundamentally very sound, and offensive contributors, year after year after year. And it's not like all of those guys have gone on to great NBA careers; Kansas and North Carolina teach big men well.

Absolutely true. Kansas and NC, on the other hand, almost always turn all of their recruits into serviceable big men who can execute basic offensive moves in the post, can pass out of a double team, can roll to the hoop, offensive rebound and defend the post. Fundamentally very sound, and offensive contributors, year after year after year. And it's not like all of those guys have gone on to great NBA careers; Kansas and North Carolina teach big men well.

well SU has an opening in that department with the alleged big man coach leaving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom