Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

good luck following anything here!!! could be right. could be wrong. even from the source.
guess the wait next is on PD and DA. or scanlan.

Your 100% right, I find myself to be reasonably connected with the doing in SU lax and you would need the Rosetta Stone to get this one figured out.

Dont guess

I was talking about if Chase had truly been allowed back to practice which we found out shortly after he has not, my opinion/guess would not be the same now. That said guessing/giving our opinion is part of what makes the board here what it is, even if were ultimately way off base.

There is zero reason for the suspension to be anything but firmly in place during this time. Zero zero zero. I see no way this ends with Desko in the right for reinstating him when he did, even if Chase ends up 100% innocent.

He would have been better off keeping him suspended until a full investigation by either the university or police was completed, I think we can almost all agree on that.

Can you explain what you would have liked to see?
A press release for starters.

I would never ever ever send a client in front of cameras if that is the best they have to offer.

The highlight of their day was their post-fiasco clarification.

I would never ever ever send a client in front of cameras if that is the best they have to offer.
Agreed. You’d be surprised to hear how often SU does that and how much push back they get from local media because of it. There’s just not much to say at this point. Tough situation all around.

The highlight of their day was their post-fiasco clarification.

Desko gives weekly pressers on Wed before Sat games, skipping it now would probably have made the hysteria worse. The statement idea probably wasn't the best idea though.

He would have been better off keeping him suspended until a full investigation by either the university or police was completed, I think we can almost all agree on that.
And that's huge! This whole thing could have ended with the only person in the wrong being Chase if guilty! Just say "Chase is suspended while investigation is ongoing" and 95% of the media **** storm doesn't happen. No boycott, no twitter rumors coming out due to the reinstatement, no horrible answers in today's press conference, I just can't believe this is real life.

are criminal complaints protected by federal law?

As of 5:10 PM tonight, there are no criminal complaints against Scanlan.

He was never charged with a crime.

Now if the victim wants to meet with the County DA's office tomorrow and they decide to move forward on criminal charges, that's a different story.

Desko is simply a soldier following marching orders from the university who are struggling to deal with certain technicalities. Five captains, sixty players wont accept a return and want accountability

Current players liking this tweet. Desko taking the fall for Wildhack? I don't know. He should still be taking a stand even if that is the case.

Desko is simply a soldier following marching orders from the university who are struggling to deal with certain technicalities. Five captains, sixty players wont accept a return and want accountability
You nailed it with certain technicalities. Until any official complaints are filed or charges given, the University must protect students on both sides and each have their rights. I realize the suspension and reinstatement are odd given timing, but I believe there must be a legal reason for both. Being reinstated but not actually playing is the distinction being made. Lets not blow past the significance of that in a legal sense.

As of 5:10 PM tonight, there are no criminal complaints against Scanlan.

He was never charged with a crime.

Now if the victim wants to meet with the County DA's office tomorrow and they decide to move forward on criminal charges, that's a different story.
Hard to imagine Desko would suspend him initially without a credible criminal complaint to DPS , school , county , city or title IX. Although he did reference a violation of team rules.

You nailed it with certain technicalities. Until any official complaints are filed or charges given, the University must protect students on both sides and each have their rights. I realize the suspension and reinstatement are odd given timing, but I believe there must be a legal reason for both. Being reinstated but not actually playing is the distinction being made. Lets not blow past the significance of that in a legal sense.
A legal reason for reinstatement? Not buying that.

I’d highly suggest glancing at Katie’s twitter & reading her tweets & the tweets she’s posted. Right or wrong, accurate or not, it’s a prime example of how the rest of the Lax community/country is viewing this situation from the outside looking in, i.e. public perception. This isn’t going to go away & Desko/Wildhack/SU will eventually have to answer & explain their thought process.

I’d highly suggest glancing at Katie’s twitter & reading her tweets & the tweets she’s posted. Right or wrong, accurate or not, it’s a prime example of how the rest of the Lax community/country is viewing this situation from the outside looking in, i.e. public perception. This isn’t going to go away & Desko/Wildhack/SU will eventually have to answer & explain their thought process.

I glanced at it and don't think you're wrong, I'm just a little curious what she knows presumably as it appears she is in LA and not involved with the program/school. Maybe she has sources? Again this is all quite confusing with so little information being reported at this point.

I glanced at it and don't think you're wrong, I'm just a little curious what she knows presumably as it appears she is in LA and not involved with the program/school. Maybe she has sources? Again this is all quite confusing with so little information being reported at this point.
Sounds like your classic get your stats up on someone else's misfortune

That’s exactly my point. She (very likely) only knows what she’s read on social media/articles & seen on today’s presser. This is the public’s perception in a nutshell. The entire Lax community has condemned today’s presssr as a calamity. The fact that Desko said he practiced “with the team” & SU had to release a clarifying statement is embarrassing.

Hard to imagine Desko would suspend him initially without a credible criminal complaint to DPS , school , county , city or title IX. Although he did reference a violation of team rules.
I certainly am not a professional but it seems to me that a violation of team rules is sufficient. College athletics are suspended often for violating team rules which are not necessarily criminal in nature.

A legal reason for reinstatement? Not buying that.
We cant and shouldn't get into the nuances of this case, but if there was no formal complaint made as of yet, then what legal basis does SU have to suspend anyone? At first it was to investigate and then after 10 days, if nothing official had been filed, I believe the accused would be justified in seeking reinstatement. That is until another governing body, AG, brought about charges.

I certainly am not a professional but it seems to me that a violation of team rules is sufficient. College athletics are suspended often for violating team rules which are not necessarily criminal in nature.
In desko virgina presser didnt he say he didn't suspend him it was a title 9 issue he didnt know when he be back. So that would mean admin would have original did

Page not found when you click on the link, but I am curious, do you think the reinstating of Scanlan is somehow connected to title 9 procedure?

Message board filter.

Bring the link up in your browser.

Remove the spaces in the word s-e-xual

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors