Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

Desko on the suspension of Chase Scanlan and how his players have handled it: "I think the team is, they're dealing with it fairly well." Said he doesn't know the length of the suspension — whether it's one game, the season, or extends beyond that.

Well that's not good a sign, explains his absence in the second half. Could bring some minutes for a young middie especially if Seebild bumps to attack.

Either a young Mid, or we keep Cook and Seebold in place and promote a young Attack.

I like the idea of getting Ferris on the field as a middie and bumping up Seebold to attack. Ferris would still be able to bring the invert as he's a natural attackman.

According to this, they're putting Cook back at attack it seems. I don't like it.

I don't get the fascination or love affair with Cook at all and thats coming from someone who was sky high on him coming in. I don't want to be disparaging but he has 2 pts the entire year despite receiving extended PT. This makes absolutely no sense and is more ammo for the Desko must go part of the fanbase.

According to this, they're putting Cook back at attack it seems. I don't like it.

Haven't we already established that this will not work? Hence, him losing his starting spot to Hiltz? We don't have a lot of time left to be toying around here. Cook replacing Scanlan is NOT the answer. I'm all for leaving Cook at 2nd line midfield and giving Ferris/Birtwistle a go replacing Scanlan for the time being. Let the young bucks get their feet wet. We have nothing left to lose at this point.

Either a young Mid, or we keep Cook and Seebold in place and promote a young Attack.

Based on the Cook news, sounds like a young mid. Fiorini, Rosa Or Magnan seem like the most likely candidates. I really hope were at least rotating Cook at attack, playing him straight up as Scanlons replacement is crazy.

Haven't we already established that this will not work? Hence, him losing his starting spot to Hiltz? We don't have a lot of time left to be toying around. Cook replacing Scanlan is not the answer. I'm all for leaving Cook at 2nd line midfield and giving Ferris/Birtwistle a go replacing Scanlan for the time being. Let the young bucks get their feet wet. We have nothing left to lose at this point.

Birtwistle will be an option next year, I believe he is for sure Red-Shirting.

Haven't we already established that this will not work? Hence, him losing his starting spot to Hiltz? We don't have a lot of time left to be toying around here. Cook replacing Scanlan is NOT the answer. I'm all for leaving Cook at 2nd line midfield and giving Ferris/Birtwistle a go replacing Scanlan for the time being. Let the young bucks get their feet wet. We have nothing left to lose at this point.

It says that either Desko has a fascination with Cook or keeps expecting him to break out despite the on field results or that the options on the bench at attack are not ready. Neither one is good and based on Donnelly's performance for Drexel this year I have a hard time believing #2 is the case.

Birtwistle will be an option next year, I believe he is for sure Red-Shirting.
Damn-- I hope he doesn't transfer out. I really think he could be a star here. But if that's the case, I would rather they move Dordevic down to replace Scanlan and then rolling out Ferris/Seebold in Dordevic's spot.

Damn-- I hope he doesn't transfer out. I really think he could be a star here. But if that's the case, I would rather they move Dordevic down to replace Scanlan and then rolling out Ferris/Seebold in Dordevic's spot.

Birtwistle I believe had some injury concerns, anythign is possible but I don't see a transfer. Dordevic played attack in HS but I don't think SU wants him running around like a nut every possession with his prior foot issues, I don't see them bumping him down, your robbing Peter to pay Paul. Plenty of attack options on the bench plus Seebold and then Cook as well.

If Cook is the replacement for Scanlan, this is a different set up and probably a different role for Cook within the offense than the role he had last year when he started with Scanlan and Rehfuss. The second line now becomes Quinn, Seebold and ________. It seems like we're all rooting for Ferris.

It says that either Desko has a fascination with Cook or keeps expecting him to break out despite the on field results or that the options on the bench at attack are not ready. Neither one is good and based on Donnelly's performance for Drexel this year I have a hard time believing #2 is the case.
Donnelly is playing well, however, he is playing in the CAA and not the ACC--big difference. I expect that if Cook struggles, Seebold moves into the attack spot. The injury to Buttermore changes things for 2nd line mids as well as who can slide into the attack spot.

If Cook is the replacement for Scanlan, this is a different set up and probably a different role for Cook within the offense than the role he had last year when he started with Scanlan and Rehfuss. The second line now becomes Quinn, Seebold and ________. It seems like we're all rooting for Ferris.

In that scenario, the third middie could be Ferris but I think they may go with a pure middie who is a shooter as Seebold will probably invert most of the time.

Donnelly is playing well, however, he is playing in the CAA and not the ACC--big difference. I expect that if Cook struggles, Seebold moves into the attack spot. The injury to Buttermore changes things for 2nd line mids as well as who can slide into the attack spot.

Agreed but he's still putting up points. If last year was not cut short perhaps he forces himself into the lineup but with Seebold already running as the 4th attackmen that seems unlikely. My point is that its another personnel question that is coming up more and more the last few years.

Cook has been playing out of position the entire year once again. He in theory should be able to draw slides and feed, and will hopefully be motivated as hell to prove himself in what could be his one remaining shot this year. I have no problem giving him a shot. Meanwhile Seebold has been playing as a mid last season as well as this one, while cook was most likely getting reps at attack in the preseason along with last year. It makes the most sense, but I hope the leash is not ridiculously long as we have someone who has done more off the dodge this year in Seebold. Seebold is the better dodger and better finisher, but not necessarily a revelation as a feeder. Cook has the edge when it comes to QB skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom