Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

Scott? Every story I read that mentions him says his name is Thomas.

For example, "It started with a list. Mark Burnam, Scanlan’s coach at IMG, told him he needed to prioritize what he wanted out of a new school. Scanlan’s father, Thomas, weighed in too. Proximity, system, major, connections — which place would have the best mix?"
He goes by his middle name

But can you bank on him getting his starting attack spot back after Seebolds performance? Hopefully Lindsay Kramer asks a tough question on Wed.
I could see Desko starting Seebold, as a little bit of additional "punishment", for whatever offense Scanlan committed. At least, I hope he would consider it.

I could see Desko starting Seebold, as a little bit of additional "punishment", for whatever offense Scanlan committed. At least, I hope he would consider it.

Per the Syracuse.com article, Chase's father is alleging it was a false allegation and that Chase is 100% innocent. Very interesting to see what Desko does.

Per the Syracuse.com article, Chase's father is alleging it was a false allegation and that Chase is 100% innocent. Very interesting to see what Desko does.
Yep. I saw that. OTOH, it's his Dad, so...
1619473145959.gif

Not looking great from what I can see folks. This in combination with CuseNHouse who has been a reliable inside source in the past saying he thought he was done here is not good. And if this all really only started with Chase's dad in a dm?

Not looking great from what I can see folks. This in combination with CuseNHouse who has been a reliable inside source in the past saying he thought he was done here is not good. And if this all really only started with Chase's dad in a dm?
Current players also liking the tweet.

Chase confer
Chase confirmed it looks like house source is tanking

So I’m doing something which I shouldn’t do, which is wildly speculate on the internet, but it sounds like Scanlan has been reinstated by the school/coaches, but maybe his teammates doesn’t want him back? Or I’m completely misunderstanding Molloy’s tweet.
I would guess that is not quite it. I would guess he is not truly back with the team 100%. But I 100% do not know and am also speculating and think we should probably just be patient.

So I’m doing something which I shouldn’t do, which is wildly speculate on the internet, but it sounds like Scanlan has been reinstated by the school/coaches, but maybe his teammates doesn’t want him back? Or I’m completely misunderstanding Molloy’s tweet.

I would guess that is not quite it. I would guess he is not truly back with the team 100%. But I 100% do not know and am also speculating and think we should probably just be patient.
Yeah, the way I read the tweet I interpreted it as "It's not a done deal yet."
1619477593956.gif

I really hope this is the case. Anyone on here or in general who thinks the program is better off without Scanlan is a bonehead, honestly. Was our leading scorer last year before COVID hit, and was our leading scorer again this year until he was suspended. The sooner he gets back on the field the better. I don't know if this is a school issue or lacrosse issue-- but Desko better be sticking his neck out for Scanlan in any situation, period.
amen

“It’s all behind him and he’s moving forward,” Scott Scanlan said. “He’s cleared and ready to go. He’s just relieved that this is behind him because this is tough for him.”

Scott said Chase did not know why he was suspended.

“There was no nothing,” Scott said. “We’ll never know. Some kind of fake allegation we’ll never know about.”

Totally bizarre all around.

Well if it was in fact nothing I'm sorry he went through this and hope he can come back and pick up where he left off.
I'm sure it's unlikely but any chance they keep Seebold at attack and run Chase with the 2ns mid line? He was pretty successful playing middie as a freshman with Loyola.

Multiple current players liking that Tweet is not a good sign at all.

I really hope this is the case. Anyone on here or in general who thinks the program is better off without Scanlan is a bonehead, honestly. Was our leading scorer last year before COVID hit, and was our leading scorer again this year until he was suspended. The sooner he gets back on the field the better. I don't know if this is a school issue or lacrosse issue-- but Desko better be sticking his neck out for Scanlan in any situation, period.
I'm of the opinion that Seebold is a better fit in the offense than Scanlan, not necessarily more talented. The offense is at its best with ball movement and Seebold is a better dodger and facilitator than Scanlan. Scanlan and Hiltz occupy the same role in my opinion and Hiltz and Rehfuss both occupy the left side. The Barlow break is a perfect example in the UVA game, Barlow streaks down the field, passes it to Seebold at GLE, who makes the extra pass to Hiltz in the slot. Replace Seebold with Scanlan and I think Chase shoots that rather than passes the rock. I'd take Hiltz from the slot any day over Chase from GLE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom