Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

I'm of the opinion that Seebold is a better fit in the offense than Scanlan, not necessarily more talented. The offense is at its best with ball movement and Seebold is a better dodger and facilitator than Scanlan. Scanlan and Hiltz occupy the same role in my opinion and Hiltz and Rehfuss both occupy the left side. The Barlow break is a perfect example in the UVA game, Barlow streaks down the field, passes it to Seebold at GLE, who makes the extra pass to Hiltz in the slot. Replace Seebold with Scanlan and I think Chase shoots that rather than passes the rock. I'd take Hiltz from the slot any day over Chase from GLE.

I think you make some solid points so I'll ask again, would it make more sense in this offense to run Scanlon as a middie for the rest of this season?

I think you make some solid points so I'll ask again, would it make more sense in this offense to run Scanlon as a middie for the rest of this season?

I don't think he cracks the 1st line if you do and placing him on the 2nd line forces the defense to pole him. Also, if Desko placed him on the 2nd line, that may be considered a slight. To me, his biggest room for improvement lies in getting his teammates more involved by being a willing and decisive passer off the dodge or ball movement. He's a black hole on offense with the ball at times.

kind of weird hes reinstated but its not over, if he is reinstated, shouldn’t it be over. If its not over, shouldn’t they wait to reinstate?
Maybe he shouldn't have been suspended in the first place. Who knows? The fact is that outsiders have very little information on what transpired.

Maybe he shouldn't have been suspended in the first place. Who knows? The fact is that outsiders have very little information on what transpired.

if he shouldnt have been suspended then it should be over. My point was not to speculate about what happened but to point out how those two tweets are paradoxical.

kind of weird hes reinstated but its not over, if he is reinstated, shouldn’t it be over. If its not over, shouldn’t they wait to reinstate?
the jas guy at the minimum is betting there'll be more drama. and looks like he wants more people to follow him on twitter and wherever else and create some of his own.

99% chance he's talking about within the team, reading tea leaves, etc.

Last edited:
if he shouldnt have been suspended then it should be over. My point was not to speculate about what happened but to point out how those two tweets are paradoxical.
I was thinking, hypothetically, what if there is still an on going investigation, but they suspended him prematurely and now there is a realization that maybe he shouldn't have been suspended before investigation is completed. But, I agree with you, if he is reinstated then it should be over. The whole thing is a hot mess.

the jas guy at the minimum is betting there'll be more drama. and looks like he wants more people to follow him on twitter and wherever else and create some of his own.

Chris Jastrzembski is a former Syracuse LAX team manager and video coordinator.

Used to write for College Crosse before getting hired by ESPN full time.

He knows all the former players, although I don't know how tight he is with the team since he graduated 3 years ago.

If you haven't already been following him on twitter for LAX news, you should be. If you can get past his love for all things Philadelphia.

I was thinking, hypothetically, what if there is still an on going investigation, but they suspended him prematurely and now there is a realization that maybe he shouldn't have been suspended before investigation is completed. But, I agree with you, if he is reinstated then it should be over. The whole thing is a hot mess.

If it's a Title IX issue, it could be exactly this. Can expand more in a DM.

heard players might boycott if scanlan is reinstated

this has the potential to turn catastrophic very quickly. it's a serious situation
Glad I found this thread.

I read that as the school saying he's clear to return to the team but ultimately Desko decides if he sees the field again.

Not good.
Curry (a captain) and other older players liked the tweet from Molloy about Ty Xanders jumping the gun. If all the seniors/captains on the team are in Desko's ear about this then I doubt he goes against all of them and keeps Scanlan on. The only way I see this ending is Scanlan being asked to leave. Anything besides that would only be worse.

I also heard this from a reliable source, not well liked by teammates and the allegations are disgusting in this day and age.

I haven't heard the specific allegations but hearing some rumblings and other info coming out that there is definitely a portion of the team that is not a fan and some who don't want him back. Desko has his hands full right now.

Let them. Since when do the players get to call the shots? LOL, with that kind of mentality, the real world is going to hit them really hard. What are they gonna do when they don't like someone they work with? Go to their employer and complain? Tough luck, chief! Welcome to the real world.

No idea what the allegations are against Scanlan-- if they are what I think they might be and they are true, definitely not a good look or okay in any sense. In that case I think he should have to earn back his playing time. But ill play devils advocate for a second-- people cant change? So many people love to bring up Devendorf's past online, yet fail mention how much he has changed as a person since then and all of the good he is doing for the Syracuse community right now.

Instead of the teammates boycotting to get Scanlan off the team, how about they actually be good teammates and help Chase get the help he needs (if thats the case)? Idk, just a suggestion...

Let them. Since when do the players get to call the shots? LOL, with that kind of mentality, the real world is going to hit them really hard. What are they gonna do when they don't like someone they work with? Go to their employer and complain? Tough luck, chief! Welcome to the real world.

No idea what the allegations are against Scanlan-- if they are what I think they might be and they are true, definitely not a good look or okay in any sense. In that case I think he should have to earn back his playing time. But ill play devils advocate for a second-- people cant change? So many people love to bring up Devendorf's past online, yet fail mention how much he has changed as a person since then and all of the good he is doing for the Syracuse community right now.

Instead of the teammates boycotting to get Scanlan off the team, how about they actually be good teammates and help Chase get the help he needs (if thats the case)? Idk, just a suggestion...
I mean if their only reason for boycotting because of scanlan is that they don't like him as a person then you would have a point I guess, but I see that and think it just means that he was accused of something serious and the players have reason to believe the accusations are credible. Some of the rumors of what he is accused of are not nearly as simple as "earning back his playing time" or "getting the help he needs." Have to wait for more info before analyzing or criticizing why the players are acting the way they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom