Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

Frankly, if the allegation is what i think it is, the law has changed (happened this summer), and that's why he was reinstated to the University (for now at least).
Assuming this is the revision to Title IX that occurred last May (I believe).

you don't think there's a possibility that some conditions of disclosure apply to whatever the situation is?

and you just said he was their best player. prepare for friendly fire.

I deleted the post because I realized it was an argument I didnt feel like having after all.

So these same players that are requesting to speak to ADJW are some of the same people who got suspended earlier in the year for COVID protocols/violation of school rules. ADJW does them a solid, yet they want to be the ones to call the shots on someone else's future here? Who do they think they are?! I say let them boycott. They don't want to play the rest of the year? That's on them.

The offense is a problem, just not as glaring as the defense and face off unit. He showed up for the Duke game and was matched up against someone other than JT and at times Duke has looked very vulnerable.

the offense with him in the game looks like five guys playing team ball and then him posted to the left of the goal

hes got a lot of goals but I’m not all that impressed

Last edited:
So these same players that are requesting to speak to ADJW are some of the same people who got suspended earlier in the year for COVID protocols/violation of school rules. ADJW does them a solid, yet they want to be the ones to call the shots on someone else's future here? Who do they think they are?! I say let them boycott. They don't want to play the rest of the year? That's on them.
If they are meeting with Wildhack it is not because they don't like Chase's vibe or attitude in the locker room or something like that! Who cares about the covid stuff! You think they would boycott over something small? Obviously something serious is taking place that they think is not being addressed by the admin. I agree with lax observer the coach needs to say something as soon as possible. Im sure the only reason he hasn't is because this is intense uncharted territory, but still.

Maybe I haven't been reading the game threads enough. Are they as negative on Scanlan's play in those threads as I'm reading here?

Call me an alarmist but if Desko does not come out and say something TODAY to clear this all up then he very well could be pressured to resign. His players are in open mutiny against a decision that by all accounts he made to reinstate Scanlan. They can't just indefinitely continue in this holding pattern of threatening to boycott team activities if a specific player shows up. Something has to happen, and it has to happen now. It's totally nuts. Every second this isn't revolved the program looks more and more like it's in disarray.
ADJW and Desko need to right this ship ASAP before it gets worse

If they are meeting with Wildhack it is not because they don't like Chase's vibe or attitude in the locker room or something like that! Who cares about the covid stuff! You think they would boycott over something small? Obviously something serious is taking place that they think is not being addressed by the admin. I agree with lax observer the coach needs to say something as soon as possible. Im sure the only reason he hasn't is because this is intense uncharted territory, but still.
I think it's more important that Desko gets this right than for him to speak to the media as soon as possible.

I think it's more important that Desko gets this right than for him to speak to the media as soon as possible.
I mean yes but the rumor mill will just continue to be off the chain without something. Why are the captains going right to Wildhack and not Desko?

Call me an alarmist but if Desko does not come out and say something TODAY to clear this all up then he very well could be pressured to resign. His players are in open mutiny against a decision that by all accounts he made to reinstate Scanlan. They can't just indefinitely continue in this holding pattern of threatening to boycott team activities if a specific player shows up. Something has to happen, and it has to happen now. It's totally nuts. Every second this isn't revolved the program looks more and more like it's in disarray.
Desko didn’t suspend or reinstate, that was a school action, look at his comments earlier in the week, and this was probably outside of the AD.

everyone should still have due process so summary suspensions based on just allegations is unfair to the accused.

that being said my guess is the dynamic between scanlon and the rest of the team seems to be beyond this single incident, especially if the accusation, whatever it is, is consistent with prior behavior.

Desko’s job is to do what’s best for the team and if it’s best that Scanlon not be on the team, then he should make that call

Last edited:
Wow. The drama in athletics right now is sky high. I can't imagine what he did that the players even are morally obligated to take matters into their own hands. I know a lot about what went on in the women's program and believe me this must be serious. Any inside info, dm me. Just glad to give the women's drama a break for a week. And that is being addressed also.

He has to do both. Obviously the last thing anyone wants is for him to bungle the response but he can't just keep letting this fester. It's a situation that only gets worse with time, especially when there is a total lack of concrete information. If he's not allowed to say certain things about it then he should...say that! But say something.

I mean yes but the rumor mill will just continue to be off the chain without something. Why are the captains going right to Wildhack and not Desko?
Because they don’t want to put him on the spot?

Thats why I would like to know what these supposed allegations are. If its nothing about his attitude/vibe in the locker room what could it possibly be for the entire team to insert themselves into this situation let alone think they can control the outcome? Especially if it has nothing to do with them. Let the university handle it.

Thats why I would like to know what these supposed allegations are. If its nothing about his attitude/vibe in the locker room what could it possibly be for the entire team to insert themselves into this situation let alone think they can control the outcome? Especially if it has nothing to do with them. Let the university handle it.
Apparently the university's version of "handling it" was reinstating Scanlan!

He has to do both. Obviously the last thing anyone wants is for him to bungle the response but he can't just keep letting this fester. It's a situation that only gets worse with time, especially when there is a total lack of concrete information. If he's not allowed to say certain things about it then he should...say that! But say something.

why does it get worse? The facts aren’t going to change, and it makes no difference when the public knows what shakes out.

give the people involved a chance to cool down and try to resolve the situation in a way that at least tries to be fair to all involved

why does it get worse? The facts aren’t going to change, and it makes no difference when the public knows what shakes out.

give the people involved a chance to cool down and try to resolve the situation in a way that at least tries to be fair to all involved

You don't think this has the potential to get even worse? It's been less than 24 hours since he was reinstated and the rest of the team is already threatening open rebellion. There are all sorts of ways for this to go sideways. Staying totally silent encourages the rumor mongering, which is damaging the public perception of the program. Don't you think it's possible a recruit is seeing all this unfold and says to himself, "man, Syracuse is a mess, I'm not sure I want to be a part of that"? Whether it's true that the program is in chaos or not, that is the image that is being projected to the world right now and it isn't just going to go away on its own.

You don't think this has the potential to get even worse? It's been less than 24 hours since he was reinstated and the rest of the team is already threatening open rebellion. There are all sorts of ways for this to go sideways. Staying totally silent encourages the rumor mongering, which is damaging the public perception of the program. Don't you think it's possible a recruit is seeing all this unfold and says to himself, "man, Syracuse is a mess, I'm not sure I want to be a part of that"? Whether it's true that the program is in chaos or not, that is the image that is being projected to the world right now and it isn't just going to go away on its own.

and discussing this officially before everyone is aligned is a good idea because?

Wow. The drama in athletics right now is sky high. I can't imagine what he did that the players even are morally obligated to take matters into their own hands. I know a lot about what went on in the women's program and believe me this must be serious. Any inside info, dm me. Just glad to give the women's drama a break for a week. And that is being addressed also.
Jus to clarify, you’re referring to Women’s Hoops & the mass transfers, correct? Just didn’t want anyone misinterpreting your post as referring to Women’s Lax, where the only drama seems to be lower body injuries :(

Oh boy.

and discussing this officially before everyone is aligned is a good idea because?

And if it's a "school" matter, other than to say Chase is with the team, or is no longer with the team, Desko can't really "say" anything.

A quick twitter search would reveal what the supposed allegations are, if the people saying this are proven to be lying then chase should sue them dry but the allegations are not good if true, if these are the allegations and there is any evidence he did it then no chance he was reinstated, something doesn't add up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom