Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

Domestic abuse allegations on twitter.

Not sure why everyone is so afraid to post it.
There is more to it beyond this as well (the DV). Chase has also been a problem in the locker room since stepping on campus and even back to his Loyola days.

Here’s the situation, the school, the ad, and the coach have follow administrative procedure, the individual is entitled to some due process

for the team it’s a situation of what they know vs what’s been proven, and this feels like what is alleged isn’t a stretch to believe.

He is entitled to legal due process. But Desko can kick anyone off the team for whatever reason he wants. If his players universally believe he did what he's accused of, he needs to go, and I'm not sure why he was invited back to practice given the information that is out there. The kid has no legal right to be a lacrosse player at Syracuse. Players get kicked off teams all the time, often for reasons far less serious as this.

He is entitled to legal due process. But Desko can kick anyone off the team for whatever reason he wants. If his players universally believe he did what he's accused of, he needs to go, and I'm not sure why he was invited back to practice given the information that is out there. The kid has no legal right to be a lacrosse player at Syracuse. Players get kicked off teams all the time, often for reasons far less serious as this.
If they believe?I have no idea what’s going on, but how about some hard facts before ruining a kid?

I was.

Chase is entitled to go through the due process.

People are asking what the Twitter rumors are. I just copied and pasted.
Well, you said you didn't understand why no one else would post the rumors. I tried to explain. Apparently, not well enough.

If they believe?I have no idea what’s going on, but how about some hard facts before ruining a kid?

Yes. If they believe the accusations, which it appears that they do, that should be enough to remove him from the team. No one is talking about throwing the kid in jail without a trial. It's not "ruining a kid" to temporarily stop him from playing a collegiate sport while the legal system sorts out the truth.

As others have said, players usually have each other's backs through thick and thin. Scanlan was the team's leading scorer. That his teammates don't want him around should tell you A LOT. No, that doesn't automatically mean the allegations are true, but it at least means they're credible.

Well, you said you didn't understand why no one else would post the rumors. I tried to explain. Apparently, not well enough.

Yea I still don't get it. It's a copy and paste from Twitter (which some folks do not know how to access through). So I did.

Or Joey spallina next year
Good call. Ya, you’re right, and it looks like they already promised it to Spallina. He’s a big Casey Powell fan. Keep the legacy of that #22 jersey alive (and stop diluting it!). It’ll help us in recruiting!

Retire the number. Hang it from the rafters , not worth the discussions of who has it, who is living up to it or not.

or just give it every year to a last year player who represents the program well. With all due respect to the talented Spallina, I sincerely doubt that he in his frosh year will nearly be the player that Hiltz will be in his last two years here.

or just give it every year to a last year player who represents the program well. With all due respect to the talented Spallina, I sincerely doubt that he in his frosh year will nearly be the player that Hiltz will be in his last two years here.
Disagree with this. Spallina will do that number justice, mark my words. Kid is the real deal.

This is all so stupid. The TEAM threatened not to practice if Chase was there. That should have been the end of it. The players know more than any administrator, coach, or message board poster. Just cut bait and be done with it. Lost season anyway. Shouldn't be this hard.

Is NY a state where the victim of domestic abuse needs to press charges? Or can the DA do so on his/her own?

Anyone know?

PS- Don't read anything into this...May be completely unrelated to this thread just asking out of curiosity?

This is all so stupid. The TEAM threatened not to practice if Chase was there. That should have been the end of it. The players know more than any administrator, coach, or message board poster. Just cut bait and be done with it. Lost season anyway. Shouldn't be this hard.
I would almost guarantee that Desko will say at the 3:30 press conference that it is indeed "the end of it" and Scanlan is off the team. Also the season ain't lost.

Is NY a state where the victim of domestic abuse needs to press charges? Or can the DA do so on his/her own?

Anyone know?

PS- Don't read anything into this...May be completely unrelated to this thread just asking out of curiosity?
the place to look first is likely to be with campus police.
see: most every situation on a college campus.

50% of domestic cases in NY never get prosecuted because the victims don't press charges.

Sounds like SU decided no charges, no foul. Thankfully the players weren't having that. If what's said on twitter is true, then the players are salvaging a pretty shameful moment for the administration.

Less and less impressed with Wildhack after this sports year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom