Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

This is all so stupid. The TEAM threatened not to practice if Chase was there. That should have been the end of it. The players know more than any administrator, coach, or message board poster. Just cut bait and be done with it. Lost season anyway. Shouldn't be this hard.
I agree. Sometimes the forest gets lost thru the trees.

Yes. If they believe the accusations, which it appears that they do, that should be enough to remove him from the team. No one is talking about throwing the kid in jail without a trial. It's not "ruining a kid" to temporarily stop him from playing a collegiate sport while the legal system sorts out the truth.

As others have said, players usually have each other's backs through thick and thin. Scanlan was the team's leading scorer. That his teammates don't want him around should tell you A LOT. No, that doesn't automatically mean the allegations are true, but it at least means they're credible.
Locker room justice baby!

Sounds like SU decided no charges, no foul. Thankfully the players weren't having that. If what's said on twitter is true, then the players are salvaging a pretty shameful moment for the administration.

Less and less impressed with Wildhack after this sports year.

I believe its highly unlikely that if there was any information that he struck a woman regardless of whether she dropped the charges or wouldn't press them that he would be back so quickly. This seems more like there was verbal abuse or something of that nature that was over the top and broke the camels back so to speak with the team.

Sounds like SU decided no charges, no foul. Thankfully the players weren't having that. If what's said on twitter is true, then the players are salvaging a pretty shameful moment for the administration.

Seems like SU general counsel should be thinking Yardley Love situation to avoid at all cost.

This is all so stupid. The TEAM threatened not to practice if Chase was there. That should have been the end of it. The players know more than any administrator, coach, or message board poster. Just cut bait and be done with it. Lost season anyway. Shouldn't be this hard.
Lost season? We’re coming off a top 5 road win, our 2nd over a legit title contender, & are firmly planted in the tourney. I don’t know about you, but I’m ALL IN on the rest of this season.

Lost season? We’re coming off a top 5 road win, our 2nd over a legit title contender, & are firmly planted in the tourney. I don’t know about you, but I’m ALL IN on the rest of this season.

Eh, I'll wait and see if ND blows our doors off again on Saturday before I correct my statement.

Seems like SU general counsel should be thinking Yardley Love situation to avoid at all cost.
So now he’s likely to kill someone, but the University and police don’t care so he’s reinstated? I’ve got no dog in this fight, but everyone “knew” what happened with the Duke lacrosse team too.

I believe its highly unlikely that if there was any information that he struck a woman regardless of whether she dropped the charges or wouldn't press them that he would be back so quickly. This seems more like there was verbal abuse or something of that nature that was over the top and broke the camels back so to speak with the team.

It seems impossible to me that the staff wasn't aware of the specific allegations. This stuff spreads like wildfire. The entire team probably heard about it the night it happened, or the next morning at the latest. It defies belief that the staff then wouldn't hear about it after that. If not, then that would tell you the team does not trust to confide in them if not a single player informed the coaches about exactly what they heard a teammate did. However you slice it, the fact that he was allowed back at practice is deeply problematic.

It seems impossible to me that the staff wasn't aware of the specific allegations. This stuff spreads like wildfire. The entire team probably heard about it the night it happened, or the next morning at the latest. It defies belief that the staff then wouldn't hear about it after that. If not, then that would tell you the team does not trust to confide in them if not a single player informed the coaches about exactly what they heard a teammate did. However you slice it, the fact that he was allowed back at practice is deeply problematic.

I do believe the staff was aware of the incident for sure. I am sure Chase's story and the other parties story were completely different and thats where the issues start.

That would fall in line with Wildhack's complete indifference to verbal abuse with the women's basketball team.

That would fall in line with Wildhack's complete indifference to verbal abuse with the women's basketball team.

I haven't really followed the womens bball team but this is the first I am hearing about verbal abuse. Is there an article somewhere on this?

I haven't really followed the womens bball team but this is the first I am hearing about verbal abuse. Is there an article somewhere on this?
My understanding is its another situation where lots of people know bits and pieces but no one will publicly share what they know.

Players wouldn't just turn against him in an instant over an unproven /unbelievable allegation in their eyes. My feeling is that they knew what kind of person he is and has been in the past, and this was the last straw.
Wonder if any of his teammates witnessed this incident to cause such a strong reaction/stance from them or this allegation like you said was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Was he truly “allowed back at practice?” The school lifted the suspension, then the whole “news” story of the team threatening to walk out IF he showed up at practice came out, but we don’t know who actually stopped scanlan from practicing with the team. I agree with a lot of what you said recently but also feel like you are trying to be as alarmist as possible. Too many unknowns right now for that.

He is entitled to legal due process. But Desko can kick anyone off the team for whatever reason he wants. If his players universally believe he did what he's accused of, he needs to go, and I'm not sure why he was invited back to practice given the information that is out there. The kid has no legal right to be a lacrosse player at Syracuse. Players get kicked off teams all the time, often for reasons far less serious as this.

you know for a fact that he has unilateral discretion to kick a kid off the team for any reason he wants?

Alleged victim is now talking to the Onondaga County DA and they're investigating, according to today's Syracuse.com article

yeah because John wildhack is a win at all costs guy.

Long time follower, first time poster...extremely disappointed in the reinstatement and glad the team chose to stand on the right side of history. any speculation on what to expect from desk presser?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom