Chris Ash thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coyle seems to be pretty sharp and he knows the SU budget for HC and staff. One problem could be cash flow as many have pointed out thus the delay.

CuseNation Sports ‏@cusesports44 15m15 minutes ago
Have heard from a couple of sources that Chris Ash is slowly becoming a top target for Syracuse Football. Will wait to hear more. #cuse

Interesting to see this. They also went onto tweet that Chris Ash is a FORMER TEAMMATE of Mark Coyle. Could be onto something here...

Chris Ash is the defensive coordinator for Ohio State, and formerly the DC with Wisconsin and Arkansas. Good resume.
54a78a9754dec_-_cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Why the surprise?

Knew all along this would be a hire with strong Coyle ties.
Why the surprise? Well, first of all, all the talk about turning the Carrier Dome in to a passing, spread offense attack. And you hire a defensive coordinator? That is a surprise. Now, he hasn't done that, yet. maybe this is a move to get Frost to bite. Who knows? But a defensive coordinator with no head coaching experience? I would keep Shafer before I would do that.

Coyle seems to be pretty sharp and he knows the SU budget for HC and staff. One problem could be cash flow as many have pointed out thus the delay.
So you're saying we get a clearance sale head coach? After firing Shafe, they better be ponying up.

Then you don't jump into the gd water with 17 other teams if you're not willing to budget for your guy.
And people claim Shafer was in over his head. The job isn't going to be that attractive unless you pay.

Then you don't jump into the gd water with 17 other teams if you're not willing to budget for your guy.

I agree but it is SU and anyone familiar with the program knows that they melt their pennies for the copper.

I guess we have to hold out hope that this is another reddit-level scoop. If it turns out to be the case, Coyle can troll a fan base like no other. If you were to hand pick a coach from the list of available candidates, that would NOT excite a fan base, someone like this checks off a lot of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.