Chris Ash thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

A quick 50+ emails would at least let everyone vent their frustrations - first one to hear back wins.

mcoyle

I think if I was the really smart guy in the room namely the chancellor I would get up to Mark Coyle and ask him straight out about this potential hire before I signed anything, I want to know why this guy with past ties who has not progressed past a corrdinator job.

CO-coordinator. He is a CO-coordinator.

Maybe it will be Frost as Head Coach & Ash as AHC/DC
LOL! yeah, Ash would go co DC at ohio state to be full blown DC at cuse. What, just for the AHC title? Everyone just calm down until its over. You guys are so jaded about everything.

P.S: Was Marrone the offensive mastermind we all thought he could be? Nah. One year of offensive success doesnt count.

I keep pinching myself, convinced it is all a bad dream. JC, I'm getting more irritated with every keystroke.

CuseNationSports has a grand total of 800 followers on Twitter. Who are they and do they know anything other than quoting Tortora's blog post from this morning that mentions Coyle and Ash being roommates? Skeptical on this one.

My point is you guys are tripping over a potential DC candidate being HC as if they will all be Shafer. Not the case; nothing in life is that black and white.

He's not even a DC ... he's their safeties coach!

If SU hires OSU's safeties coach and UCF gets Babers then I know they've just given up ...

LOL! yeah, Ash would go co DC at ohio state to be full blown DC at cuse. What, just for the AHC title? Everyone just calm down until its over. You guys are so jaded about everything.

P.S: Was Marrone the offensive mastermind we all thought he could be? Nah. One year of offensive success doesnt count.
How many people thought that Marrone would be an offensive mastermind? I thought it was pretty much a known fact that Sean Payton called the plays for New Orleans, and Doug just ran the day to day stuff and coached the OL? That's always the impression I had when he was hired, anyway.

CuseNationSports has a grand total of 800 followers on Twitter. Who are they and do they know anything other than quoting Tortora's blog post from this morning that mentions Coyle and Ash being roommates? Skeptical on this one.
I'm not, because I've heard this same news from a few other people as well.

We shall see.

ADMC and Ash had a deal when they were both footballin at Drake, "If either of us gets an AD job, we hire the other as coach"
Funny.

FHCSS's biggest mistake getting the band back together was trusting a thin-skinned, panic-stricken a$$clown as his initial OC. That decision set him back light years.

If true, his name will be fitting for the state of the Syracuse football program

If it turns out to be Ash, any freaking clues on the OC/system?

Board mindset transition..HC experience mandatory. As time went on, okay...maybe a really good OC like Frost will suffice. We WILL NOT accept another DC, so we skip straight to the Co-DC. The bright side you ask? We are not yet targeting a quality control guy...

No defending against stupid if we hire this guy, plenty of offensive coaches that could be hired other than another steak head. Unreal. How dumb can you be if Coyle hires this guy.

Again the bail out is finding the best HC/ oc at the fcs level and bring them on board. This is just ridiculous if they hire this guy.

Board mindset transition..HC experience mandatory. As time went on, okay...maybe a really good OC like Frost will suffice. We WILL NOT accept another DC, so we skip straight to the Co-DC. The bright side you ask? We are not yet targeting a quality control guy...

Offensive coordinator? Defensive coordinator? Who gives a ? I just want a good head coach. Shafer was a great d coordinator but not a great head coach. How a coach does as a coordinator is not indicitive of how he will do as a head coach.

How much does Ohio State pay him?

Any chance we're giving him a cool million to just take the "Co-" out of his title?

If he's head guy, and his OC hire is someone who runs northeast smash mouth, then renovating the Dome is going to be a serious waste of someone's resources. I'll be glad I don't pay NYS taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.