Chris Ash thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Robinson was a co-defensive coordinator at Texas. This better be as real as the information that Frost was going to be named this morning, because I can't imagine a less exciting candidate than giving gerg a 2nd chance.

Why the surprise? Well, first of all, all the talk about turning the Carrier Dome in to a passing, spread offense attack. And you hire a defensive coordinator? That is a surprise. Now, he hasn't done that, yet. maybe this is a move to get Frost to bite. Who knows? But a defensive coordinator with no head coaching experience? I would keep Shafer before I would do that.
Last time we hired a defensive Guy from a Big 10 school, it didn't work out well in Frank Maloney. A seven year record 32-46, and it took Mac 7 more years to get to 1987. Hopefully if this is the guy he works out better.

One of the sources is the same guy who picked SU to win the ACC in hoops...so let's just back away from the ledge here.

I wouldn't hate this hire but what stands out as making him a better choice than what we had? And th best recruits we are trying to save seems to be offensive guys . I'm going to do some more research but until he is announced I guess I'll just reserve judgement

This is just a smokescreen of some sort. I mean it just has to be, right?

Right??!

RIGHT?!?!!?!?!!?

Breathe.gif

Maybe Coyle started this rumor so that when he names Orgeron the HC, we will all breath a sigh of relief?

Otherwise, it screams to me like a guy he had on his list as "the backup plan" with the idea that he had his primary target (Frost) all but locked down. Similar to getting a list of 3 vendors for a product to present to upper management, claiming that you had done your due diligence, when you only ever intended to go with 1 of them.

In total fairness to Chris Ash (or anyone else) what we had wasn't winning games but more importantly making really bad decisions in those games. Don't think that changes as a guy pushes 50.

Defensive guys have gotten hired and won, offensive guys hired and lost. We will see (and I was pretty high on a guy like Frost myself).

Is either Shecky Green or Slappy White looking for a head coaching job?

In 2012, the Badgers led the Big Ten and ranked third in the NCAA with a three-and-out percentage of 41.72, and their 5.23 three and outs per game topped the Big Ten and was fourth in the country. The Badgers' defense was 13th in the NCAA in total defense and tied for 19th in the country in scoring defense.

In three games against Ohio State while at UW, the Badgers defense held the Buckeyes to less than 120 yards per game passing despite losing two of those games. Braxton Miller was Ohio State's quarterback in two of those games and Terrell Pryor was under center in the other.

One would suspect that Ash would be the backup plan to the backup plan and no one wants the job. The hot names probably figure that if they do not score one of the "better" jobs this year that they will next year. It is the reality that is SU football.

If you are going to maybe be bad for a year or two after 8 consecutive seasons of doing it, you might as well do it with a somewhat exciting system.

orange is a color of exploring and fun.

I think if I was the really smart guy in the room namely the chancellor I would get up to Mark Coyle and ask him straight out about this potential hire before I signed anything, I want to know why this guy with past ties who has not progressed past a corrdinator job.

I cannot believe this crap. A freaking DC. Coyle is all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.