Chris Bell.. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell..

This is the condensed game. If you (or anyone) taped the whole game off the TV, the incident happened beginning at 5:00 and running until 4:52 left in the game. (The 8:53 mark in this 9:51 video.).

Bell missed a corner 3, and was a bit slow getting back. There was confusion between him and Cuffe over who should guard who, and they gave up an open 3 to Sturdivant.

The confrontation occurred right after this sequence in the clip, and continued when they went to the bench.

There was also a confrontation mentioned by the announcers with 11:52 left in the 2nd half, between Judah and Copeland as they were coming off the floor. Yes, you can say, "that's normal basketball".

But you don't usually hear the announcers making a point of mentioning these things. You and I have both been watching SU for more than 50 years. I have no reason to make things up. Maybe because you were at a couple games in person, you might not have seen it. But there's just too much of this stuff, in my opinion. It doesn't make you feel like "teammates" with your teammates.

As explained to you before, and you chose to ignore it, EVERYONE ON THE TEAM WAS IN ZONE (see Maliq standing in the center of the paint)...except Cuffe. There was only confusion with Cuffe

Bell's not the most instinctive player. It may be his biggest weakness -- and he has a few. That's a spot where he's late getting back and Cuffe is basically taking his spot in the zone to cover the guy in the corner. Then Bell wants to switch back when there's an opportunity, so maybe that's on cuffe for not doing it sooner, but I would think he was thinking let's just stay in position until a dead ball so no one goes left uncovered.
That's not how it works. You stop the ball. Always.

I've been an SU fan going on 55 years now- starting at about 7 yrs old w/ my uncle who taught at SU. Late 70's is when I became a student so, yeah...I think I was here for the Rautins, Coleman, Harris, and Waiters years.
Correct me if I'm wrong, when did ANY one of those players blatantly dismiss JB in the huddle during a TO, walk away to the side, and literally mumble loudly enough for anyone to see/hear, right in JB's face in front of the cameras. Not saying it didn't happen, but name one, where they went back in the game and kept playing? I'll wait.
For whatever it’s worth, JB literally made a joke about DC mouthing off in huddles during his eulogy for Pearl.

Boss, you're exercising some selective memory here, and you even named two of your own that were visibly dismissive of JB during the game at times.
Fair enough.

I've been an SU fan since 1973. So out of the 4 guys I mentioned...Rautins, Coleman, Harris and Waiters all went back in games where they screamed and cussed at Boeheim. Rautins and Boeheim even went to the floor in the locker room at halftime of a game. Boeheim never benched any of those guys for reacting to his verbal attacks.

This the first time I've ever heard of ANY major friction, let alone a roll on the locker room floor, between JB and Andy's dad!

Frankly, I'm gobsmacked.

How do you know what Red is or isn't doing behind the scenes with his team in terms of disciplining players for their behavior on and off the court? You are simply speculating.
Fair enough.
My point is more along the lines of, if it keeps happening in plain sight then maybe he needs to change tactics...cause it ain't stopping.

Look, I'll take a mea culpa on my "selective memory" as OttoinG mentioned, but I don't recall ever seeing it live and in color like I have this year.
Then again- more media equals more exposure, so...I stand corrected.

That's not how it works. You stop the ball. Always.
The ball was stopped and Bell could have assumed the spot up top in the zone. JJ was on the ball. Now I'm not saying I'm right in how it works but I'm pretty sure stopping defending anyone isn't the answer. But yes, stop ball. I get that.

Were you around for the years of Leo Rautins, Derrick Coleman, Paul Harris or Dion Waiters? If you were you would never make that statement of " No way that happens under Boeheim." That's like saying " No way that crap happens under Andy Reid."
Leo rautins??? I was around long before Leo and I wouldnt' put him in that camp at all. And I have never heard anything like that with Leo.

Rautins, really? Leo or Andy?
Leo. One time thing I believe. But I was told they had a wrestling match in the locker room once. But does that really surprise anybody that might have happened once or twice over the years. My biggest surprise of all time is that somebody on Indiana didn’t knock Knight’s face into the next world.

Leo rautins??? I was around long before Leo and I wouldnt' put him in that camp at all. And I have never heard anything like that with Leo.
He wasn’t a malcontent at all. But I was told he had a physical run in with Boeheim once in the locker room. I could see Boeheim pushing somebody to that point easily.

Thought about starting a new thread, but many of you know how I feel about that. (Its an abomination)

Was surprised to see that Chris has 76 threes made this year. Was even more surprised after I reviewed the Iggy’s thread and saw how woefully inaccurate most of us were in predicting this category. I myself picked Chris, but he’s already exceeded my expectations by a bunch (intentional use there). I think I counted two or three predictions that even have a chance in this category, unless Benny magically gets himself reinstated, or Judah and Justin figure out where they lost their shooting form, and then go insane.

I was unable to watch the game tonight, but reading the postgame comments I see a lot of “Chris Bell had excellent movement on offense” and such. My question is, “is that what caused if off night shooting?” He was 3/10 (1/8 from 3). Was he shooting on a curl more instead of his usual set shots?

I was unable to watch the game tonight, but reading the postgame comments I see a lot of “Chris Bell had excellent movement on offense” and such. My question is, “is that what caused if off night shooting?” He was 3/10 (1/8 from 3). Was he shooting on a curl more instead of his usual set shots?
Nah, he had a few misses that were heaves at the end of the shot clock, and then just missed a few we've gotten used to him making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom