Chris Mortensen: More NFL eyes on Nassib than Barkley | Syracusefan.com

Chris Mortensen: More NFL eyes on Nassib than Barkley

He does say "don't misinterpret that." so I think he means that Nassib is starting to make a name for himself, and not that he's a better prospect than Barkley.

It just means Nassib is more unknown and needs to be evaluated by the NFL scouts vs a quality defense. Barkley is a known commodity by the NFL.

Barkley's skills are known. Nassib is more under-the-radar, scouts will want to see how he performs against a great defense. Maybe become a late-round NFL prospect.

Jessie Palmer just said Ryan is considered the 4th or 5th best QB in the senior class.

Barkley's skills are known. Nassib is more under-the-radar, scouts will want to see how he performs against a great defense. Maybe become a late-round NFL prospect.
Late round? Nassib is pretty much guaranteed at least as a 4th rounder. If he continues his success from game 1, through the season, he could be a 1rst rounder.

Late round? Nassib is pretty much guaranteed at least as a 4th rounder. If he continues his success from game 1, through the season, he could be a 1rst rounder.
Quarterbacks tend to slide in the draft, especially those outside the top 4-5. Unless Nassib has an outstanding season, I still think he's a 5th-6th round pick.

Eh, let's see if the pressure rattles him at all. It's a tough enough test to deal, I'm sure he's aware that a game like this, against top competition, could really put his name out there in a big way.