Christmas is an absolute warrior | Syracusefan.com

Christmas is an absolute warrior

And 9 boards.

Cooney with 21, 5 threes and surprisingly 5 dimes. G with 17/11/7.

This is our core, as I posted after last game. Who will be the fourth who steps up?

Roberson had a big jumper but he's too hesitant. I want him to shoot. Incredible rebounder.

Kaleb incognito. Buss big 3, with head scratchers too. Johnson... I like his head band.

And that's it. And unfortunately, we really need to get chino in there somehow just to help rak regroup now and then. Obviously it will be score and opponent dependent, but that man played 45 minutes and it's not sustainable, imo.

And 9 boards.

Cooney with 21, 5 threes and surprisingly 5 dimes. G with 17/11/7.

This is our core, as I posted after last game. Who will be the fourth who steps up?

Roberson had a big jumper but he's too hesitant. I want him to shoot. Incredible rebounder.

Kaleb incognito. Buss big 3, with head scratchers too. Johnson... I like his head band.

And that's it. And unfortunately, we really need to get chino in there somehow just to help rak regroup now and then. Obviously it will be score and opponent dependent, but that man played 45 minutes and it's not sustainable, imo.

I think Roberson steps up. Now is the time. I think KJ2 and RP will have limited contributions on offense. I think BJ needs 20 pounds from the weight room to be able to compete effectively. That only leaves Roberson. We are still going to be in for a thrill ride every game Rak gets into foul trouble and Obokoh gets lots of minutes!

Best Junior to Senior leap I've ever seen I think...

Rick Jackson no longer has this honor. But I have to say Rick Jackson is still one of my favorite all time just because he stayed all 4 years and he made such a huge improvement his last year. But Rak has taken the Senior leap to a new level for Orange nation!

GoHamSU said:
And 9 boards. Cooney with 21, 5 threes and surprisingly 5 dimes. G with 17/11/7. This is our core, as I posted after last game. Who will be the fourth who steps up? Roberson had a big jumper but he's too hesitant. I want him to shoot. Incredible rebounder. Kaleb incognito. Buss big 3, with head scratchers too. Johnson... I like his head band. And that's it. And unfortunately, we really need to get chino in there somehow just to help rak regroup now and then. Obviously it will be score and opponent dependent, but that man played 45 minutes and it's not sustainable, imo.

Johnson I like his headband... Hysterical

I agree with this completely. He doesn't go with his instincts but seems to be thinking too much about what he's going to do when he gets the ball. Part of it might be JB coaching him to player smarter, i.e., look for the open shooter (Cooney or G) or pass down to Rak, but TR needs to play his game - he's open quite a lot and should shoot it more in flow with when he catches the ball instead of thinking about it.

Who on this planet could have conceived of Rakeem Christmas putting up 35 points in a conference game. It boggles the mind. Oh yeah, and essentially saving the game with free throws to boot. Insane.

Really tough that we lost Chris, especially after this battle tonight. That's how the cookie crumbles, as they say. I'm sure he was rooting like crazy from the sidelines.

Anyway- roberson's activity on the glass is as good as I've ever seen. A knack for the ball.

Rick Jackson no longer has this honor. But I have to say Rick Jackson is still one of my favorite all time just because he stayed all 4 years and he made such a huge improvement his last year. But Rak has taken the Senior leap to a new level for Orange nation!

Many of us knew that Rak was capable of this last year but looking over his shoulder all the time waiting for BMK to come in really killed him. He knows he's the guy this year and has said F-it. So much fun to see.

Really tough that we lost Chris, especially after this battle tonight. That's how the cookie crumbles, as they say. I'm sure he was rooting like crazy from the sidelines.

Anyway- roberson's activity on the glass is as good as I've ever seen. A knack for the ball.

Agree on Roberson. When we were hanging on by a finger nail, that guy was dominating the glass. I was shocked when they said he only had 9 boards. Seemed like another 17'er.

Many of us knew that Rak was capable of this last year but looking over his shoulder all the time waiting for BMK to come in really killed him. He knows he's the guy this year and has said F-it. So much fun to see.

Capable of playing well, yes. But if you sat in your living room at the end of the year last year saying "never fear, Rak will be going off for 35 against conference foes next year" then I need you to pick a portfolio for me STAT!

I think he has the offensive game , it's just a mental thing, if he get comfortable with the 15 footer in game we could be pretty darn good, he is a beast on the glass

Edit : talking about roberson

Last edited:
Capable of playing well, yes. But if you sat in your living room at the end of the year last year saying "never fear, Rak will be going off for 35 against conference foes next year" then I need you to pick a portfolio for me STAT!

Wish I had that capability in that field as well. But I knew Rak could do this. He just decided this year that he's going to do it. That's all.

Agree on Roberson. When we were hanging on by a finger nail, that guy was dominating the glass. I was shocked when they said he only had 9 boards. Seemed like another 17'er.
Roberson has to be a garbage man on offense. The team was rolling early and he took several long 2s (the worst shot in basketball) and took the air right out of our run (BJ & Roc threw up a couple of their own, there were about 5 straight lost possessions).

but to un-hijack the thread: yes, Roc is a warrior. And another Christmas Miracle for the Orange.

Mike Waters ‏@MikeWatersSYR
Rakeem Christmas' 35 points vs Wake were most for Syracuse player since Demetris Nichols had 37 vs. St. John's in 2006-07 season.

To rejack the thread, I remember that game, DNic had about a five minute span where he was just out of control draining shots from all over the place. The dome was going ape ...

Said it before and still feel the same in rak being similar to thomas robinson was his senior year. Just an absolute force and a true warrior. Not expecting the deep run he took that KU team on but he is really putting this team on his back at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom