Cincy Sucking Up To The ACC | Syracusefan.com

Cincy Sucking Up To The ACC

I don't have much problem with this. It's nice to have schools interested in joining. I know almost nothing about Cincinnati. Since they've been in the league with Syracuse, are they good conference contributors?

I know that the ACC is also looking at UConn as well as South Florida in addition to Cincinnati. I think the ACC should look at Temple too given that Maryland and Rutgers are no longer available. Temple would fill a geographic void that the ACC now has.

I'm against watering down. Stray strong like the big 12 with a good core

Agreed. Eventually dilution of product quality will catch up with the power conferences.

It's great having the most eyeballs, but they will tire quickly of Michigan 31 @ Rutgers -7 and OSU 34 @ Maryland 6.

So this will bring their football capacity to what, 32,000? Don't I recall that last year they weren't selling out the seats they already have?
UConn still makes a lot more sense.

Adding nobody makes a lot more sense.

I think we should build on our Midwestern footprint. Go on the offensive. Complete the eastern seaboard too.

My dream is: ND goes full in...we add Navy FB only, add Georgetown all sports but FB. Add Johns Hopkins as an Associate Lacrosse member.

16/18

Realistically...hold tight but be ready to pounce.

My dream is: ND goes full in...we add Navy FB only, add Georgetown all sports but FB. Add Johns Hopkins as an Associate Lacrosse member.

16/18

yuck - screw Georgetown and screw Hopkins - those are D3 schools and have no business being associated in any way with a power conference

yuck - screw Georgetown and screw Hopkins - those are D3 schools and have no business being associated in any way with a power conference
GTown helps keep the ACC in the DC market, JHU would be Lax only...if you don't understand the benefit of that I can't help you.

GTown helps keep the ACC in the DC market, JHU would be Lax only...if you don't understand the benefit of that I can't help you.
that's ok - I don't need any help and the ACC certainly doesn't need any help in lacrosse

DC market is safe with UVA/VTech - don't need that craptastic school Georgetown

UVa and VT have more fans around here than GT even if they multiplied by 10.

And whom will be our villian? UNC/Duke are paired up...GTown would be a blast in the ACC.

16/18

you need to stop taking days off from work bucko

the only thing more useless in sports than the storz athletic dept, is johns hopkins lax.

who gives a flyin F??

and as bayside says, gtown will be fine in the CYO. they can add st bonnie and they can talk over tea about how they both were once rivals to the GREAT SYRACUSE ORANGE HOOP PROGRAM, as they get ready to play their conf tournas ment at rider or someplace.

DC market is covered already.

temple intrigues me, but not sure the ACC wants to play in a 2nd empty pro stadium in the state of PA...:noidea:

Agreed. Eventually dilution of product quality will catch up with the power conferences.

It's great having the most eyeballs, but they will tire quickly of Michigan 31 @ Rutgers -7 and OSU 34 @ Maryland 6.

Wow, you are giving MD & rutgirls more credit than I expected. You really think either team could hold Ohio State or Michigan to low 30's?

that's ok - I don't need any help and the ACC certainly doesn't need any help in lacrosse

DC market is safe with UVA/VTech - don't need that craptastic school Georgetown

I agree that Georgetown brings no fans whatsoever, but UVA/VT do not hold the DC market. They are small fries compared to the interest in UMD. Having said that, UMD has sucked so long, college football interest in MD/DC is not very high. Ped St. is unfortunately the best answer. A while back, I could have seen that happen, but not now.

And whom will be our villian? UNC/Duke are paired up...GTown would be a blast in the ACC.
To start, we'll hate BC just like everyone else from the northeast. It's easy for teams from New York to hate teams from Boston. Boston sucks.

We became a rival with georgetown because both teams were good at the same time and played each other twice (or more a year). With the ACC, we get that set up with multiple strong programs- pitt, bc, duke, unc, uva, gt, vpi...

I agree that Georgetown brings no fans whatsoever, but UVA/VT do not hold the DC market. They are small fries compared to the interest in UMD. Having said that, UMD has sucked so long, college football interest in MD/DC is not very high. Ped St. is unfortunately the best answer. A while back, I could have seen that happen, but not now.
UVa/VT are small fries compared to the interest in Maryland??? I lived there for 6 years not too long ago (think back to when they were actually good at one of the major sports) and I think you're nuts and need to get out more if you think that's the case.

UVa/VT are small fries compared to the interest in Maryland??? I lived there for 6 years not too long ago (think back to when they were actually good at one of the major sports) and I think you're nuts and need to get out more if you think that's the case.

UMD used to have major support throughout Md, excepting Baltimore. Baltimore is a pro town. UVA has no support whatsoever in any part of Md. UMD support, due to lack of results has dwindled to the DC burbs and the few diehard fans out there. VT had quite a following in certain areas, especially amongst alum and in the northern va area, when they were winning regularly, but as their success has diminished, so has their support. Ped St. has as many or more fans in the area as any other schools. I think the key is, the fans you refer to are of the fair weather variety. And as they have failed, so has the support.