Cj i lova ya | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cj i lova ya

CJ is slipping into Todd Burgan territory.

When he's good, he's very good.

When he's off, he's horrid.

Good comparison, especially with CJ losing his three-point shot touch.

You have been hating on CJ all year.
I don't like his game. He's a limited, inefficient player who is a stud within the offense but he and JB seem to think he's a player you run the offense through and he is not.

I don't like his game. He's a limited, inefficient player who is a stud within the offense but he and JB seem to think he's a player you run the offense through and he is not.

He'd be fine if he'd just never dribble again.

Somebody should check - I think CJ missed the flight back from Tallahassee.
Not sure who that look-alike was playing in his place tonight - like night and day difference.

With all the questionable character guys that have come through here, it is strange to see someone like you who is always reasonable completely dog a guy like CJ when he has given us everything he has for four years.

With all the questionable character guys that have come through here, it is strange to see someone like you who is always reasonable completely dog a guy like CJ when he has given us everything he has for four years.

It's a valid question. Running all this ISO through him when he limited in those abilities is mind boggling. Grant has more ability with that ISO/driving slop. CJ seems best in a complimentary role.

Rak getting his 4th EARLY in the 2H was almost as big of a problem. Rak made really dumb fouls. We all see what happens when Baye comes in. Not good.

The missed shots are killer but raks play and his inability to stay on the court is killing this team

Couldn't agree more. With THIS team it's a killer. Baye gave three or four possessions back to NC St. He also got rejected by the white guy on what should've been an easy dunk or layup.

But you stunk tonight. Better figure it out or we are done

It seems like he and Grant cannot play awesomely at the same time.

Honestly, all season, I wish it had been Grant's team. They'd both probably average the same, net more, and score more efficiently than they have this season.

Even so, that was a lackluster effort tonight. Strange, after the AA nod. You'd think he'd be more of an emotional leader. We desperately need a Kueth type on this team. A Keita with hands and offensive skills.

It seems like he and Grant cannot play awesomely at the same time.

Honestly, all season, I wish it had been Grant's team. They'd both probably average the same, net more, and score more efficiently than they have this season.

Even so, that was a lackluster effort tonight. Strange, after the AA nod. You'd think he'd be more of an emotional leader. We desperately need a Kueth type on this team. A Keita with hands and offensive skills.

Give me a guy who can catch. It's regressing with Baye. That Jakiri on Miami is way better. Look at Zanna. Holy smokes he has improved and looks like Schwarznegger.

But you stunk tonight. Better figure it out or we are done
Actually I never connected with CJ. Just thought he benefited from the system. He got the playing time. The year he was 'go to' in crunch time. Yawn. Yes I know second team all american... Bring the hate.

I get where you're coming from but I've always felt a huge weak link on this team is that CJ is featured as our best player, he's not. Ennis should be featured with Grant as the secondary option. Fairs game should be to play off them as he is a stud within the offense and in the clutch.

We keep running our offense through him which is a disaster. He is not at the level of his AA peers. He doesn't make anyone else better because he's not a good passer and he doesn't create for anyone but himself. He has no 3 point shot unless forced to shoot it and he can only go and finish left. That's a VERY limited player to run your offense through. To top it off, his defense is below average and he constantly gets bodied out for rebounds.

CJ is a very talented role player. He is not a feature player. CJ and JB think he is. If tha thinking continues, I see an early exit. If Ennis and Grant become focal points I think our offense becomes better.

It's not all CJs fault, he has no room to operate because Cooney is an abomination to the term "shooter" and Rak keeps getting in foul trouble causing us to play Keita who has regressed into a player who should never see the floor for a program of our caliber. Playing 3 on 5 can't be easy which makes it even more imperative that the offense runs through more complete players (Ennis/Grant)

CJ won't allow this team to go down easy for NCAA tournament. This defeat leaves a bad, bad taste in everyone's mouth and I expect a very proud CJ to play much better next week.

I get where you're coming from but I've always felt a huge weak link on this team is that CJ is featured as our best player, he's not. Ennis should be featured with Grant as the secondary option. Fairs game should be to play off them as he is a stud within the offense and in the clutch.

We keep running our offense through him which is a disaster. He is not at the level of his AA peers. He doesn't make anyone else better because he's not a good passer and he doesn't create for anyone but himself. He has no 3 point shot unless forced to shoot it and he can only go and finish left. That's a VERY limited player to run your offense through. To top it off, his defense is below average and he constantly gets bodied out for rebounds.

CJ is a very talented role player. He is not a feature player. CJ and JB think he is. If tha thinking continues, I see an early exit. If Ennis and Grant become focal points I think our offense becomes better.

It's not all CJs fault, he has no room to operate because Cooney is an abomination to the term "shooter" and Rak keeps getting in foul trouble causing us to play Keita who has regressed into a player who should never see the floor for a program of our caliber. Playing 3 on 5 can't be easy which makes it even more imperative that the offense runs through more complete players (Ennis/Grant)

Disagree, but fair enough. See what I did there?

CJ bashing is almost funny. We dont win 10 games without him this year. Not 10! Ok, maybe a few more but not many.

2nd team AA. Main offensive threat on an offensively challenged group. You think making a one threat grant the main option is the key to success? Not 10 games with that strategy!

CJ had a bad game. He has had a couple of them this year but not many. We notice them because of how dependent we are on him, not because JB is over using him.

CJ is not Carmelo or JWallace. So what. Who is. He is, however, our best player, and best player by quite a bit.

CJ bashing is almost funny. We dont win 10 games without him this year. Not 10! Ok, maybe a few more but not many.

2nd team AA. Main offensive threat on an offensively challenged group. You think making a one threat grant the main option is the key to success? Not 10 games with that strategy!

CJ had a bad game. He has had a couple of them this year but not many. We notice them because of how dependent we are on him, not because JB is over using him.

CJ is not Carmelo or JWallace. So what. Who is. He is, however, our best player, and best player by quite a bit.

Well said - CJ definitely does not suck. Sure he has some weaknesses in his game and he really didn't show up yesterday, but the bashing he's getting is definitely undeserved.
I predict CJ is going to come back huge for the NCAAs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom