CJ is Lawrence Moten. | Syracusefan.com

CJ is Lawrence Moten.

Bornorange

2nd String
He reminds me of Moten so much. They both have a knack for moving to where the ball is going to be. He takes what the defense gives him. He gets open by moving into spots where the defense is'nt.
He gets his shot off quicker than Moten did though.
CJ will be our main scorer inside as the defenses will collapse on Fab and Kris.

Really. I'm a big CJ fan but comparing him yo one of the great scorers in BE history is a stretch IMO.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Moten had more going for him than CJ or anyone else I can remember, especially considering that he wasn't necessarily built for the job.

CJ would need to significantly upgrade his shooting to be put in Moten's category. He has the physical tools to be a great player. I can't wait to see how much he improved over the summer.

I agree in some sense with the OP. Not to say CJ is anywhere near Moten's level but there is a certain similarity in how he seems to be in just the right spot or how he seemingly is always driving undercontrol.

Yeah, not sure I'm going to put him in Moten's class but I see the comparison. I'd say he's more of a mix of Moten and Pace.

Already a better shooter than Pace but probably not quite as versatile. He has shades of Moten, is probably already as good or better defensively but has a long way to go to even get in the neighborhood of Moten in terms of productivity.

I'd say if you put Moten and Pace on a scale with Moten at one end and Pace at the other, Fair will end up somewhere in the middle. Not as productive or efficient as Moten offensively, but better defensively and on the glass. A bit more productive and dangerous offensively than Pace with a similar ability to be a pest defensively and on the glass.

Interesting note on Moten: People forget how good a scorer he was in the sense that he really couldn't shoot either. In '93-'94, Moten took 176 threes and hit just 28% of them -- yet he finished at over 50% from the field overall for the year. Unreal. Shot 62% inside the arc.

Moten is the poster boy for JB's greatness as an offensive coach. He put that guy in position to leave SU as the BE's all time leading scorer.
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

A Bigger, Better Scorer, not as good Dribbler ? as Josh Pace

Interesting note on Moten: People forget how good a scorer he was in the sense that he really couldn't shoot either. In '93-'94, Moten took 176 threes and hit just 28% of them -- yet he finished at over 50% from the field overall for the year. Unreal. Shot 62% inside the arc.

I wonder how many of those missed threes resulted in an offensive rebound and putback.

I've never seen anyone better than Moten at following his shot after knowing precisely where the miss would drop. He was like the anti-Donte. Such a smart basketball player (Arkansas and Providence games notwithstanding).

Yeah, not sure I'm going to put him in Moten's class but I see the comparison. I'd say he's more of a mix of Moten and Pace.

Already a better shooter than Pace but probably not quite as versatile. He has shades of Moten, is probably already as good or better defensively but has a long way to go to even get in the neighborhood of Moten in terms of productivity.

I'd say if you put Moten and Pace on a scale with Moten at one end and Pace at the other, Fair will end up somewhere in the middle. Not as productive or efficient as Moten offensively, but better defensively and on the glass. A bit more productive and dangerous offensively than Pace with a similar ability to be a pest defensively and on the glass.

Agreed. He has Paces game with Moten's smoothness to it. Pace could never be called smooth. I think CJ could end up a better 3pt shooter than Moten though. Poetry's game was really 15 ft in. Next to Melo maybe the best mid-range game ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom