CLANK 4-23 3Pt | Syracusefan.com

CLANK 4-23 3Pt

Fjoinkay

Starter
That's 17.4% according to Yahoo.com. The stats in this game are very similar to the ND game. SU was destroyed on the boards and the points off TOs were down. The difference is that SU managed to shoot 43% overall whereas against ND it was 34%.

Teams will continue to run clock against SU because it clearly takes SU out of it's rhythm. The zone needs to remain active throughout the clock on defense because lately they look like they are being lulled to sleep.

If we continue to stink it up from 3 every game is gonna be a grinder like this. We're getting good looks, gotta keep shooting them.

That's 17.4% according to Yahoo.com. The stats in this game are very similar to the ND game. SU was destroyed on the boards and the points off TOs were down. The difference is that SU managed to shoot 43% overall whereas against ND it was 34%.

Teams will continue to run clock against SU because it clearly takes SU out of it's rhythm. The zone needs to remain active throughout the clock on defense because lately they look like they are being lulled to sleep.

I think its 17.4 percent according to any mathematically correct source, not just yahoo.;)

I think its 17.4 percent according to any mathematically correct source, not just yahoo.;)

Yeah, well another source had the number of 3pt shot attempts slightly less which as I'm sure you know affects the percentage.

It was a joke, based on the way you phrased the statement...errr...never mind..

I expect SU to see a lot of stall ball from here on out and especially in the early round of the tournament against teams with a lot less talent. My concern is that SU runs into one or more teams that is built to run clock and hit 3s. And even against some ranked teams it's going to be a big problem. Wisconsin runs clock every game, turns the ball over less than anyone in the country and has a great defense.

Neither of those guys would have played in this game regardless of their status. MCW didn't even get into the game and brings much more to the table than either of those two could possibly. It's not as if we were getting zoned all game and needed a buster

These rock fights are going to become commonplace for us. Don't let us run...crash the boards and kill us with offensive rebounds. Watch us go clank in the night from the outside, limit possessions.. and hope for a close win. We're more talented than everyone we will play the rest of the year (maybe not UCONN)... but, we can't shoot or rebound, so it offsets our talent edge quite a bit.

Dion needs to play better down the stretch. In the final 2 minutes or so he took a couple of really bad shots. SU needs sets with more motion on offense because the one-on-one nature of the offense demands too much of certain players.

These rock fights are going to become commonplace for us. Don't let us run...crash the boards and kill us with offensive rebounds. Watch us go clank in the night from the outside, limit possessions.. and hope for a close win. We're more talented than everyone we will play the rest of the year (maybe not UCONN)... but, we can't shoot or rebound, so it offsets our talent edge quite a bit.
If you can't shoot or rebound, how big is the talent gap, really?

Yeah, and I think the defense needs to be more active even though the opposing offense is just running clock passing the ball between the guards beyond the 3pt line. Yeah, that will gas some of the players, but SU has depth. I think it's necessary because the alternative as we've seen is the SU defense just waits around for 30 seconds and is lulled to sleep. I believe it affects rebounding and the shooting percentage at the other end because the rhythm is gone.

Bottom line, we don't have to chuck threes two seconds into the shot clock. If teams are going to stall us, then we need to do more with our possessions. I would like to see more movement and drives into the lane. get some "and 1s", make 'em work for it.

Bottom line, we don't have to chuck threes two seconds into the shot clock. If teams are going to stall us, then we need to do more with our possessions. I would like to see more movement and drives into the lane. get some "and 1s", make 'em work for it.

I agree. I see no reason why the halfcourt offense can't be much improved with more practice and better execution. I do want to see more motion, but I wonder sometimes if Scoop is compatible with a motion offense.

Mid-season lull happens to a lot of good teams in all sports. I expect we will see Dion pass this sophomore bump and get his shot back.
With or without Fab this team has not yet reached it's potential.

The sad part is on 3 occassions at least, their was no one to get a rebound,(It looked like an NBA Game) and on another occassion just 1 rebounder (Fair) Jim say's all the 3s were good 3's if their are no rebounders I disagree :bang:

I thought the Turkish kid for West Virginia played well, but he was also very physical and the refs game him a lot of leeway because he was pushing SU players around a lot. Seems like every time he shot 2 or more SU defenders would cover him and he either made the shot or the rebound went to WVU.

We Shot 4-23......Yup
Does anyone really think we are that poor of a shooting team?
9 or 10 for 23 is more like us.
Tons of open looks tonight don't go down and we win the game by two.
I'll take that any day of the week.
22-1 and now and 9-1 after our first 10 big east games.....oh... the horror!

I think it's getting to be a question of whether we're in a slump from outside or just a bad outside shooting team. Hope it's the former or we won't get to New Orleans. Personally, I think we're a lot better shooting team than we've shown lately but still not a great shooting team. Can guys like Kris Joseph continue to miss wide open threes. We play well in MSG so maybe that will be our slump buster game.

We Shot 4-23......Yup
Does anyone really think we are that poor of a shooting team?
9 or 10 for 23 is more like us.
Tons of open looks tonight don't go down and we win the game by two.
I'll take that any day of the week.
22-1 and now and 9-1 after our first 10 big east games.....oh... the horror!

I agree especially since those missed 3s usually ended up as defensive rebounds for WVU. It's not like SU was getting the offensive rebound and putting it back in for 2 points after a missed 3. Just 4 more makes- 8-23- is 12 more points and SU probably wins comfortably. Having said that, teams are going to keep running clock, and SU needs to improve it's play against that strategy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom