Class Ranking | Syracusefan.com

Class Ranking

correct me if I am wrong... but without attrition of any kind other than graduation, Greenwood puts us at 84 players on ship.

If that is correct, we have room for one more guy at the early signing time...

Wonder who it will be (and when) that domino will fall.

There's always room.

correct me if I am wrong... but without attrition of any kind other than graduation, Greenwood puts us at 84 players on ship.

If that is correct, we have room for one more guy at the early signing time...

Wonder who it will be (and when) that domino will fall.

The coaching staff already knows for the most part who is transferring out or leaving after 4 years.

We have plenty of room, especially for a talent like this kid. This is a nice get.

Build that St. John's College HS pipeline...

This class is looking awesome now. Add a few more surprises and I'm very happy. Our lowest ranked guys are camp offers that never get highly ranked, and some raw potential guys. We're in great shape.

Remember those posts from August / September questioning how the class was shaping up, and wringing hands over us taking unrated prospects like Bergeron / Cantin / and the TE?

Turns out, our coaching staff knew what they were doing.

Remember those posts from August / September questioning how the class was shaping up, and wringing hands over us taking unrated prospects like Bergeron / Cantin / and the TE?

The class has gone from below average to average in the past week.

And Bergeron and Cantin pass the eye test from just a physical look as well...they are no slouches (was not implying you were). Just saying Bergeron has a great build already. No big gut for one third of his weight. He plays with mean streak. He will see snaps in year 2. This class is really looking good.

Well apparently Dino can turn below average classes into a 9-3 team, so I’m excited to see what he can do with average or above average ones.
I know this is very unpopular, but I think this class at this point is a little better than Shafer's. We have a few top guys who have good other lists and a bunch with question marks. Time will tell. Get a couple of quality DL and I'd feel different. Still think Babers is an excellent coach and am hopeful next year we see a big upgrade.

I know this is very unpopular, but I think this class at this point is a little better than Shafer's. We have a few top guys who have good other lists and a bunch with question marks. Time will tell. Get a couple of quality DL and I'd feel different. Still think Babers is an excellent coach and am hopeful next year we see a big upgrade.

Who are your question marks?

DUDE. You must be blind.

The only part of your take that's remotely correct is the last sentence.

We have THREE 4* (by at least one ratings service) D players topping this class.
Those 2 new LB's are each listed as a Top 300 guy (by at least 1 ratings service each).
Look at some of the programs we're beating out for guys these days - it's like night and day.

FHCSMFS's classes were a bunch of smurfs and "diamonds in the rough", none of whom had any good offers.
And the best of any of his classes never made it to campus, and the very few who did, did nada.

Syracuse 2019 Football Commits

vs.

Syracuse 2015 Football Commits

We got VERY lucky with a handful of Shafer's last class of guys - Dungey in particular, of course.
He had no other P5 offers.
But in terms of rankings and whatnot - WOOF.

Last edited:

This isn't unpopular; it's wrong. First, the only players without high rankings were camp offers. Next, Dino has proven that he can scout 3* talent. In fact, one of last year's 3* players ended up winning ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year. With that in mind, and until proven otherwise, this class is MARKEDLY better than any of SS's classes.

DUDE. You must be blind.

The only part of your take that's remotely correct is the last sentence.

We have THREE 4* (by at least one ratings service) D players topping this class.
Those 2 new LB's are each listed as a Top 300 guy (by at least 1 ratings service each).
Look at some of the programs we're beating out for guys these days - it's like night and day.

FHCSMFS's classes were a bunch of smurfs and diamond in the rough, none of whom had any good offers.
And the best of any of his classes never made it to campus, and the very few who did, did nada.
I'll respectfully disagree. Think Eric Dungey, Steve Ishmael, Erv Phillips, Jamal Custis, Chris Slayton, Zaire Franklin, Parris Bennett, Chris Frederick, 3/5 of our starting OL 3 years later, might also disagree. I'm not saying Shafer is is the same stratosphere as Babers as a HC. Just think people get carried away with our recruits at times. We're 12 of 14 in the ACC according to Scout with the lowest average rating per recruit. I don't think the talent is THAT much better YET, though I am very excited about the LB's. Think it'll get better. I'll end it here because I feel bad turning Aman Greenwood's (who I think is a solid get) thread into this.

I'll respectfully disagree. Think Eric Dungey, Steve Ishmael, Erv Phillips, Jamal Custis, Chris Slayton, Zaire Franklin, Parris Bennett, Chris Frederick, 3/5 of our starting OL 3 years later, might also disagree. I'm not saying Shafer is is the same stratosphere as Babers as a HC. Just think people get carried away with our recruits at times. We're 12 of 14 according to Scout with lowest average rating per recruit. I don't think the talent is THAT much better YET, though I am very excited about the LB's. Think it'll get better. I'll end it here because I feel bad turning Aman Greenwood's (who I think is a solid get) thread into this.

NONE of those guys were highly rated recruits. NONE of them.
Look at their ratings of those classes. WOOF.

Just because several of those guys worked out extremely well for us as players, doesn't change the fact that we weren't beating out Bama for their services.
(and until this season, NONE of them were winners in college)

Andre Cisco was a 3* guy. But with a legit offer sheet.
Dino can find the gems too.

Bringing it back to Greenwood - he'd be a top 2-3 guy in ANY of Shafer's classes.
He's 7th in this class.
Which is GREAT. We need talented depth, and more major talent at the top of our classes.
And Dino & crew are getting it.

Check THIS out:

Syracuse All Time Football Recruits

Shafer's "best" recruit EVER was KJ Williams.
Man, what a great get that dude was for us.

Then look to see how many of these top guys Dino has brought in, starting with Trill & TD, and including SEVERAL of the guys in this year's class.

Last edited:
The biggest difference is that Dino can take those guys and coach them up to excel on the field. Shafer couldn’t. Now add the higher rated players and this could get really exciting.

Since you quoted and linked this, guess our team ranking in the 2015 class-57. Guess the ranking in the 2019 class? I'll save you the work...57. Not saying Scout's ranking means everything, but if you're using it as a reference...
Having said that, I am aware this class isn't finished yet, so hopefully we finish strong.
there were 27 commits in 2015 this year's has 14 so far

Since you quoted and linked this, guess our team ranking in the 2015 class-57. Guess the ranking in the 2019 class? I'll save you the work...57. Not saying Scout's ranking means everything, but if you're using it as a reference...
Having said that, I am aware this class isn't finished yet, so hopefully we finish strong.

Your posts are not going to age well.

I just feel we have never had a linebacker haul like this year ever I don’t think. The Canadian kid would be a 4 star easily if he played in states and the other two look really nice on video. THese recruiters can spot talent even if it isn’t a 4 star. See Cisco. I love what and how we are doing this.

The coaching staff already knows for the most part who is transferring out or leaving after 4 years.

We have plenty of room, especially for a talent like this kid. This is a nice get.
I know that. I just assume we won’t sign more than one more kid in the early signing days as we want the kids to move on after the bowl game is all.

I’m just already curious to find out who the next domino to fall is.

That said adding Greenwood to this secondary is exciting. Can’t wait to see what this defense looks like in two years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom