Classic JB quote.. | Syracusefan.com

Classic JB quote..

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Boeheim: “If conference commissioners were the founding fathers ... we would have Guatemala, Uruguay and Argentina in the United States."

Unbelievable quotes. Sounds like he is definitely at piece with the decision since the Big East became a bloated mess. Also, I loved his little barbs at Pitino and Calipari. Hilarious

Boeheim: “If conference commissioners were the founding fathers ... we would have Guatemala, Uruguay and Argentina in the United States."

They'd have to take Canada for their football. Mexico would have to join the South American conference though.

JB will get a warm reception first time SU has to play in Greensboro.

He should've added: "...and get off my lawn"!

Ever since I saw the movie Gran Torino I can't help but think that Clint Eastwood modeled that character after JB. Same rye, sometimes irascible, humor.

god bless james arthur boeheim

This is ed. YEAH THE UNITED STATES NEVER EXPANDED.

And What is up witht he comment about playing Miami followed by FSU. Where have you been since 2006 JB?

The last line was excellent tho.

This is ed. YEAH THE UNITED STATES NEVER EXPANDED.[/quot

Honestly I think he's referring to the Big East conference commissioner - geographically it is much harder to explain TCU, Marquette, Louisville, Cincy, DePaul, and Notre Dame in the Big East than any of the schools in the ACC.

JB will get a warm reception first time SU has to play in Greensboro.
i bet tgd and cantor are just rolling their eyes now, we just became hated by tobacco road, still got love jimmy. he has no concern for political correctness. i'm guessing he has decided to be short term in this whole mess, therefore he can say what he wants.---where could you find a coach with his honesty today? admittedly sometimes to sensitive and occaisionally arrogant----but appreciate his earthy approach to things.

i bet tgd and cantor are just rolling their eyes now, we just became hated by tobacco road, still got love jimmy. he has no concern for political correctness. i'm guessing he has decided to be short term in this whole mess, therefore he can say what he wants.---where could you find a coach with his honesty today? admittedly sometimes to sensitive and occaisionally arrogant----but appreciate his earthy approach to things.

The only other one I can think of is Bob Knight, but he's retired, at least for now. :rolleyes:

And this is why we love him. Right or wrong, he doesn't pull any punches....a rarity in today's politically correct, party line spin atmosphere. But he's a short-timer and a Hall of Famer, so he can get away with stuff that most others can't. Keep givin 'em hell, Coach!

Thanks for the vid. IMO, one of his better interviews.....pleasant, smiling, cordial. Got his points and feelings across without coming off like a curmudgeon or blasting anyone, except maybe conference commissioners, but even that wasn't bad. But then again, he wasn't talking to the Post Standard either. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom