Clean block | Syracusefan.com

Clean block

lol the video stops before the arm to arm contact.

at best it's a 50/50 call. Normally Duke gets the whistle there.

Reactions: MGP
Might have got him slightly just after that video stopped but I don't see that ever called near the end of game especially. Really should be no complaints there. Just a great play.

lol the video stops before the arm to arm contact.

at best it's a 50/50 call. Normally Duke gets the whistle there.
He got ball first, then their arms hit. The basketball play (the block) came before body contact. The ball was blocked cleanly and legally. If arms had hit first, the foul comes before the basketball play (the block) and it would be a foul.

Yup, didn't understand the storm Dukie V was putting up. He got ball, and then the dude's arm slammed into his (forward momentum). Ball first -- clean block.

Rule of verticality. Rak is entitled to his area more than the offensive guy moving into it.

They went inside how many times?
Quite a bit, actually, at least when Parker and Jefferson were in the game. With P & J in foul trouble around the 9 minute mark in the second half, they started hoistin' threes like no other. To put it in perspective I believe around that time they had 21 or 22 3 shot attempts at that time- for the first 32 minutes. 15 attempts for the last 13 minutes I guess? And Duke severely outrebounded Cuse. Dooky shot 18 more shots...

But whatever, idc one way or another. Cuse played very well.

LMFAO @ where that gif stops
Dude, know the rules before commenting. It's been mentioned a couple times in this thread. He blocked the basketball before Hood's momentum made them hit each other. Rak had position in that space (rule of verticality) before Hood did. He made a basketball play (the block) before contact. It's not a foul. It's close -- but it's not a foul. Get over it.

And by the way, keep complaining -- there are millions of these out there.

Best is at 37. Clean block then hoods arm hits Grants coming down.

Quite a bit, actually, at least when Parker and Jefferson were in the game. With P & J in foul trouble around the 9 minute mark in the second half, they started hoistin' threes like no other. To put it in perspective I believe around that time they had 21 or 22 3 shot attempts at that time- for the first 32 minutes. 15 attempts for the last 13 minutes I guess? And Duke severely outrebounded Cuse. Dooky shot 18 more shots...

clearly you care... exactly half of dukes fg attempts were threes.. so of that probably half of that half were inside the arc elbow jumpers?

we attempted 4 three pointers. 51 of our attempts came inside the arc... to dukes 13 roughly... HOW THE DID WE GET MORE FT ATTEMPTS??? earth shattering shitt right there.

It seems like you care a lot because you are on an opposing fan's board arguing about it.

Also, Syracuse out rebounded Duke by 5, so you are wrong about that, just like you are wrong about the foul call.

Duke got more offensive rebounds, but its hard to get offensive rebounds when you shoot almost 60% from the field. Syracuse actually grabbed 52% of the offensive rebound opportunities, which is pretty dam amazing and much higher than the 44% of offensive rebounds Duke got, even though they shot an insane amount of threes and its easier to get offensive rebounds from threes.

It seems like you care a lot because you are on an opposing fan's board arguing about it.

Also, Syracuse out rebounded Duke by 5, so you are wrong about that, just like you are wrong about the foul call.

Duke got more offensive rebounds, but its hard to get offensive rebounds when you shoot almost 60% from the field. Syracuse actually grabbed 52% of the offensive rebound opportunities, which is pretty dam amazing and much higher than the 44% of offensive rebounds Duke got, even though they shot an insane amount of threes and its easier to get offensive rebounds from threes.

clearly you care... exactly half of dukes fg attempts were threes.. so of that probably half of that half were inside the arc elbow jumpers?

we attempted 4 three pointers. 51 of our attempts came inside the arc... to dukes 13 roughly... HOW THE DID WE GET MORE FT ATTEMPTS??? earth shattering shitt right there.
I can't stop laughing when I read that..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom