Clean block | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clean block

You know what's funny? I read one of his tweets where he had to clarify that he's not a Duke hater.

Jay Williams. Had to clarify to idiots on Twitter that he's not a Duke hater.
I've met people before... they are in fact idiots.

The lack of an intentional foul on CJ evens out the block/no block call. I thought they missed them both.

That's clearly a block. Anybody saying otherwise is trolling and trying to come up with an excuse why Duke lost.

Disagree, arm hit the elbow. Also Cuse, I think, as a whole, shot 30 FTs to dook's 15.

Regardless it's nice to see Dook on the other side of a call for once.

There's a reason for that: it's because duke took 50% of their shots from the 3 point arc, SU took 4 total. Go inside and you'll get more calls.

Foul, no foul aside he never should have left handed it. If he uses two hands there is no way christmas gets to it. Just out of curiosity is he a lefty?

Doesn't matter anyway. 50/50 call, I lean towards calling the foul since I feel that the defender didn't have position (he came over) and thus initiated the contact, so "rule of verticality" doesn't apply here.

Regardless it doesn't matter. Questionable calls happen all the time, even more so in Basketball when you consider the number of "penalties" it has compared to other sports. **** happens.

Foul, no foul aside he never should have left handed it. If he uses two hands there is no way christmas gets to it. Just out of curiosity is he a lefty?
lol yeah

He jumped from too far away to do it 2-handed, and if he'd waited to get any closer for a 2-hander, Christmas is there.

Okay, lets end this. I got into Final Cut and screen grabbed the shot from your angle that proves his hand was on the ball before arms hit. Look at this picture -- arms are clearly separated and hand is on the ball. I know the hand is on the ball, because in the next frame his hand has moved based on hitting the ball (as you can see from the overhead shot). If you'd like me to slow mo this stuff for you I can do that as well. Like I said, it was close but it DEFINITELY BEING A FOUL is pretty much you being a fan, which is fine.

BLOCK.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom