Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

This line is, in my opinion, the most likely…

"Plenty of people in the region can’t afford to cough up $73 per ticket at minimum, plus parking, food, etc. to go, and SU looks out of touch for failing to realize that."

I’ve been trying to say this as often as I can to my ticket reps about the constant barrage of the new seating with “new premium options”
how much they spend on tickets for concerts this summer?

My ticket rep told me last week there will be ten year seat licensing.
I’m really surprised to hear this. Can I ask which section you’re in? Maybe it’s some parts of the Dome only?

I’m really surprised to hear this. Can I ask which section you’re in? Maybe it’s some parts of the Dome only?
I’m in 117. She didn’t know where I sit, so I don’t think it’s limited.

Actually reading that ticket prices are affecting the attendance for Saturday in this thread. What a poor excuse for a supportive community we are. I'm sorry but this town sucks.
We sold out two games last year and the wheels fell off after that. Last year's attendance was crazy good. Best in decades. SU needs to price more reasonably and the team needs to be more consistent.

Syracuse is a "wait and see" town.

I’m in 117. She didn’t know where I sit, so I don’t think it’s limited.
Hmm, time will tell. Those are definitely premium seats that you have so perhaps that is why. Should be interesting to see how they do this.

Yes, students first fill in from our designated area to the band. Then we have that overflow in 305-307. 315-317 is still available for Boston College but not for Clemson... maybe we sold that out or they are not offering it for this game. Students can buy tickets now in 316-322. The only section sold out there is 319. There are only 569 tickets left.
You all are crushing it this year. Kudos.

My ticket rep told me last week there will be ten year seat licensing.
if you told me there would be one for bball i could buy it. there are few empty seats in the lower bowl areas and the new seats are gonna push people around. You could PSL that lower bowl. for fball they are not even close to selling the lower more expensive seats. why would people pay a PSL when they can get almost the same set per game ?

Well, considering lakeview lawn tickets are $35-40

Half the cost of the 300 level seats
and if you bought season tickets in the upper deck you could have gotten the clemson game for $15..

a lawn ticket for the AMP is far worse than an upperdeck view at the Dome though..

how much they spend on tickets for concerts this summer?
While there’s some truth to that, I think a big difference is you know what you’re getting at a concert more or less. You know if it’s a strong performer that you enjoy listening to, you’re going to get a great show and have a lot of fun.

Sports can really suck, if your team plays awful and gets blown out. You only feel like you got your money’s worth if the team wins….or maybe if they lose, but it’s a great game. It’s a gamble. A concert is a guarantee.

While there’s some truth to that, I think a big difference is you know what you’re getting at a concert more or less. You know if it’s a strong performer that you enjoy listening to, you’re going to get a great show and have a lot of fun.

Sports can really suck, if your team plays awful and gets blown out. You only feel like you got your money’s worth if the team wins….or maybe if they lose, but it’s a great game. It’s a gamble. A concert is a guarantee.
Love you ODW, but you’re telling me “Ronnie from Solvay” is doing a utility probability analysis when buying his concert vs football tickets? Actually maybe that’s exactly what you’re saying!

And could you actually be right?!!

Love you ODW, but you’re telling me “Ronnie from Solvay” is doing a utility probability analysis when buying his concert vs football tickets? Actually maybe that’s exactly what you’re saying!

And could you actually be right?!!
I don’t think it’s any deeper than a quick:

“Jason Aldean!! Yeeeee-haaaaa! Do the one about getting drunk! I’m drunk!!”

Vs.

“Remember when we spent $100 a ticket and Clemson was up 21-0, 5 minutes into the game? That sucked. Sammy Watkins made our DBs look like midgets running in quicksand.”

You don't have to like the article. It's the reality of the situation with differing views much like this thread.

The reality is you can get tix less than $73 right on the SU ticket site which leads to Ticketmaster.

If you filter out the resale tickets on TM then you have a 43 , 44 crowd. Considering people aren’t going to want to be left holding these tickets it might end up better then people think ….. that’s my view and I’m sticking with it. No realism posts should follow this one….. I am plugging my ears and singing loudly !

It’s going to be a large crowd, will look great on TV, and will be insanely loud if the game gives them any reason to be.

That’s all that really matters when you think about it?

Only thing I’m worried about is if they can’t handle getting people in there fast enough when everyone shows up at 11:40. Something about having people in their seats raring to go when the game starts that feels like a must.

If you are worried about pricing now, just wait until next year. Prices are not going down, but up. Ten year seat licensing will go into effect next year for football and basketball. Nothing will be grandfathered, even if you have tickets since the Dome opened in 1980. Imagine what prices would be for this game if capacity was less than 43,000. There would be no deals on tickets. The one message I heard is that season ticket holders will be taken care of (I believe at a cost), otherwise everything is going to be much different and more expensive. SU has researched what other ACC programs charge and we are currently too cheap. True or not, that’s what I’ve heard.
Place will be empty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom