Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

It’s going to be a large crowd, will look great on TV, and will be insanely loud if the game gives them any reason to be.

That’s all that really matters when you think about it?

Only thing I’m worried about is if they can’t handle getting people in there fast enough when everyone shows up at 11:40. Something about having people in their seats raring to go when the game starts that feels like a must.
Place won't fill up until halfway into the first quarter.

I know there are alums on this board who come up for a game or two a year and I think that's commendable as it takes dedication to do a 4-5 hour trip 6-7 time each fall. On the other hand there's plenty of other alums who b&tch about locals not attending who haven't been back to the Dome in decades, those people deserve blame.
And those same folks couldn't be bothered to cross the river to the Met Life games.

If you are worried about pricing now, just wait until next year. Prices are not going down, but up. Ten year seat licensing will go into effect next year for football and basketball. Nothing will be grandfathered, even if you have tickets since the Dome opened in 1980. Imagine what prices would be for this game if capacity was less than 43,000. There would be no deals on tickets. The one message I heard is that season ticket holders will be taken care of (I believe at a cost), otherwise everything is going to be much different and more expensive. SU has researched what other ACC programs charge and we are currently too cheap. True or not, that’s what I’ve heard.
You should probably check the source of your information. I have had football season tickets for 32 years and was advised I will receive donor rank points for longevity. We will be invited to the dome based on our donor ranking to select the seats we prefer and every effort will be made to keep us in the same location.

You should probably check the source of your information. I have had football season tickets for 32 years and was advised I will receive donor rank points for longevity. We will be invited to the dome based on our donor ranking to select the seats we prefer and every effort will be made to keep us in the same location.
I’ve been told the same for both football and basketball.

I agree. That’s just not true. Yes there will be increases for premium areas. But I was told the numbers. They ain’t psl and they’re still a bargain.
Are you privy to the rest of the pricing? I’m not asking you to post it, but am curious if it’s starting to leak.

Are you privy to the rest of the pricing? I’m not asking you to post it, but am curious if it’s starting to leak.
Just the lower premium level numbers. They gave me some close to final numbers. But I didn’t inquire as to rest. I can make a guess on potential increases from there but I suspect the lower tier in certain spots will shoulder a bigger burden of the increase vs upper level and certain other spots.

Just the lower premium level numbers. They gave me some close to final numbers. But I didn’t inquire as to rest. I can make a guess on potential increases from there but I suspect the lower tier in certain spots will shoulder a bigger burden of the increase vs upper level and certain other spots.
Thanks for the information. We should know more soon enough, I was told that they will start calling people around Nov/Dec to start asking everyone what their preferences are. It’s no doubt going to be a huge undertaking.

If you are worried about pricing now, just wait until next year. Prices are not going down, but up. Ten year seat licensing will go into effect next year for football and basketball. Nothing will be grandfathered, even if you have tickets since the Dome opened in 1980. Imagine what prices would be for this game if capacity was less than 43,000. There would be no deals on tickets. The one message I heard is that season ticket holders will be taken care of (I believe at a cost), otherwise everything is going to be much different and more expensive. SU has researched what other ACC programs charge and we are currently too cheap. True or not, that’s what I’ve heard.

PSLs?!?! Lol what??!!

Yeah, for the first 10 minutes of the Army game, I felt truly embarrassed at how few people were there. By the end of the 1st Q, though, they had filled in the seats pretty well.
Seems like that’s how most games are, there’s always significantly more people by the end of the 1Q than there was at kickoff.

I can't help but say that if our "friends" in Albany and DC didn't devastate the economy of Upstate NY, there would be more people with more money feeling better about things that they could take the time and money to go to a football game.

But a lot of those fans have already left, taking businesses, jobs, and families (and ticket sales) with them.

I know it's not what most of you here probably want to hear, but that is the truth. Check the history of population trends and businesses leaving Syracuse, and Rochester, and Buffalo, and Binghamton, etc, etc.

Flame away or ban me. But there is no cogent argument otherwise.
Wonder if we need to add the seats back once Micron gets up and running

Doesn’t a lot of the blame here have to go on the Alumni? Hundreds of thousands of alums within a 5 hour drive of the Dome and its Homecoming weekend?

I think we have to give up on the community, the support just isn’t there. Alumni don’t have to show out for all home games, but a 4-0 team playing their biggest home opponent on Homecoming weekend and the crowd is looking like that? Gross.
Being a private school our kids come from all over the world with no prior attachment to the team. Now take any of these big state schools like Penn St and Ohio St. It’s mostly kids from PA and OH respectively who grew up living and dying Penn St or Ohio St football. They are the ones that attract people from all over the state no problem.

It's unbelievable how many students want to go to this game and cant because the student tickets are sold out. I can tell you Ottos army is going to be rocking and drunk at 12pm
There has to be a way that if the students sell out their allotment and there are 10k seats available the University can some how figure out a way to get the students in for a few bucks.

You need to listen to different people.!

Yup, I agree

If they did do PSLs it would be just a change of the term for “donation”
I know there has been some sensitivity to the term “donation” now that it is no longer tax deductible. And I believe the IRS considers it a preferred seating license. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them change the terminology, but you are spot on. It would just be a change in terminology and the mechanics would be unchanged. And in terms of football pricing they use sell through analytics to determine price points. Preferred seating between the 30s in the upper deck visitors side have been very week the last two years. I do not expect significant price increases there. Sideline seats for basketball in the lower bowl have remained strong. I am preparing myself for some sticker shock there if I am even able to keep something comparable to my current seats.

I know there has been some sensitivity to the term “donation” now that it is no longer tax deductible. And I believe the IRS considers it a preferred seating license. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them change the terminology, but you are spot on. It would just be a change in terminology and the mechanics would be unchanged. And in terms of football pricing they use sell through analytics to determine price points. Preferred seating between the 30s in the upper deck visitors side have been very week the last two years. I do not expect significant price increases there. Sideline seats for basketball in the lower bowl have remained strong. I am preparing myself for some sticker shock there if I am even able to keep something comparable to my current seats.

The upper preferred pricing is out of whack.

This season's home side upper A level seems like the fewest STHs since I moved to that section. I am surrounded by empty seats. Another price increase would only make things worse.

We sold out two games last year and the wheels fell off after that. Last year's attendance was crazy good. Best in decades. SU needs to price more reasonably and the team needs to be more consistent.

Syracuse is a "wait and see" town.
Yup, and 2019 attendance was ready to explode after the 10 win season. Season ticket sales were way up and then we dropped a huge duce for the next 3 years. Syracuse is a wait an see town because they have been burned time and time again over the last 25 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom