Clemson Attendance | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance

The box office will not get any resale seats "back". There won't be a walk up. However, the fact that 1k or so have moved through secondary is a good sign. Now that a sellout has been announced, folks will know to go to the secondary market and we'll probably see a good chunk of movement there today and tomorrow. Doubt they'll move all of them but as long as they move 1-2k more it'll be fine.

Broker prices went back up after the sellout announcement but I bet you'd be looking at $50 or so on Saturday which may convince a few folks to buy.

Interesting. My understanding is that the Red Sox, which is the team I know the most about ticket sales re:, has an arrangement with Ace Ticket (their preferred "broker") where some unsold Ace Tickets are sold at the park as walkup sales, and they obviously have some sort of $ split arrangement that makes sense for both of them. Ace would prefer this than lowering tickets publicly and setting that expectation. I thought it may be common practice. Oh well. Tomorrow evening will be the best gauge of where we are

Stubhub is still at about 3500 tix available. A week ago it was 3800. There’s a few at $68 then they go to $70+.

Not that it matters for the Clemson game since no tickets are available through the university but is there even a box office at the dome this season or do fans have to go to the Easley Center before the remaining games to buy tickets in game day.

Not that it matters for the Clemson game since no tickets are available through the university but is there even a box office at the dome this season or do fans have to go to the Easley Center before the remaining games to buy tickets in game day.

Good point. I was assuming on game day those little white pop up ticket booths would be operational (there's always a need for will call I imagine)

The Dome main Box Office at the Dome Gate B will be open on days of Syracuse Athletics events as follows:

Syracuse Football Game Days
Weekends: Open at 9 am
Weekdays: Opens at 3 pm

Syracuse Men's Basketball Game Days
Weekends: Opens four (4) hours prior to tipoff

Syracuse Women's Basketball Game Days
Weekends: Opens two (2) hours prior to tipoff

Syracuse Men's Lacrosse
Weekends: Opens two (2) hours prior to faceoff

Stubhub is still at about 3500 tix available. A week ago it was 3800. There’s a few at $68 then they go to $70+.
It is going to be interesting to see if Ticketmaster/StubHub has a significant decrease in ticket prices tomorrow and Saturday. Ticketmaster raised tickets from $55 last night to over $70 today. I just don’t think they are going to be able to move tickets at $70 a piece plus fees.

Can someone educate me on the secondary market. If those tickets go unsold do the original owners of the tickets get them back to use as they wish?

Can someone educate me on the secondary market. If those tickets go unsold do the original owners of the tickets get them back to use as they wish?
If you posted your tickets on TM/Seatgeek/Stubhub and they don't sell, you can pull them off at any time and use them yourself.

As Bees said, most of them at this point are broker seats. They are not, however, owned by TM/Livenation.

That’s the problem. 90% of them are owned by Ticketmaster/live nation/a broker.
I am surprised that the price of the tickets is not free falling with 2 days to go.

Still doesn’t look very good. A few have moved.

E727E343-D15A-4E74-9D29-775849D65D9E.png
F15EB3EE-C4D9-42F7-9977-47CE5B047393.png
5F68A04F-4F3D-4BA2-9351-588F0210E28D.png

I am surprised that the price of the tickets is not free falling with 2 days to go.

The problem here that massive blocks are owned by brokers who just dont DO that. They consider it potentially damaging to their business model long term to make a habit of dropping prices significantly late. They would rather take a soaking for one game than set the precedent.

The prices that will drop are the, probably 10-15% or so (my guess) of the of avail tickets owned by regular people who dont want to get stuck. Those will be the ones that appear lower than the rest and are gone 10 min later. And that sort of sucks because the brokers own the big ugly gray blocks.

I would assume that the lowest you'll see a resale ticket go before the game is $40-$45.

The problem here that massive blocks are owned by brokers who just dont DO that. They consider it potentially damaging to their business model long term to make a habit of dropping prices significantly late. They would rather take a soaking for one game than set the precedent.

The prices that will drop are the, probably 10-15% or so (my guess) of the of avail tickets owned by regular people who dont want to get stuck. Those will be the ones that appear lower than the rest and are gone 10 min later. And that sort of sucks because the brokers own the big ugly gray blocks.

The quality and quantity of games on TV is the main reason for attendance drops around the nation but this is a contributing factor. The vast open space of seats still unsold for a game of this magnitude is ridiculous.

That’s the problem. 90% of them are owned by Ticketmaster/live nation/a broker.

So did someone make what appears to be a bad bet?

Can't buy those as walk up right?

The quality and quantity of games on TV is the main reason for attendance drops around the nation but this is a contributing factor. The vast open space of seats still unsold for a game of this magnitude is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous. The loss hurt a lot. But it didn’t help that about 10% of the inventory went to a broker and put on Ticketmaster above face value. So now SU has no tickets for those who missed the single game deadline and no tickets for any walk up crowd.

So did someone make what appears to be a bad bet?

Can't buy those as walk up right?

Nope, can’t buy as a walk up at the ticket office. Wanna go now you have to buy off stubhub, Ticketmaster, etc.

From the Cuse site

A capacity crowd of more than 49,057 will be on hand at the Dome to watch the Orange and Tigers. It's the ninth football sellout in Dome history and first since the 1998 season opener versus Tennessee.

Despite the sellout, there is a limited quantity of resale tickets available on Ticketmaster.com and fans who missed out are encouraged to purchase from there while supplies last.

Ok, ok, I added the bolded part because...

Wonder if they could donate them for a write off to mitigate some of the loss while also getting a few more people in the door?

if syracuse cared about people in the stands, they would buy back all those seats and sell them at a lower discounted rate

However, syracuse doesn’t care, those tickets have already been bought, money put into the bank and honestly probably already spent.

It is what it is, we just gotta be loud and be proud.

Let’s go orange!

if syracuse cared about people in the stands, they would buy back all those seats and sell them at a lower discounted rate

However, syracuse doesn’t care, those tickets have already been bought, money put into the bank and honestly probably already spent.

Let’s go orange!

I dont expect hem to buy them back as it would damage the sellout narrative. But promote that there is a "limited supply" available for resale on ticketmaster to try to get people looking there

I dont expect hem to buy them back as it would damage the sellout narrative. But promote that there is a "limited supply" available for resale on ticketmaster to try to get people looking there

Well yeah, they equally don’t want to announce a sellout and have it look like that...I mean I’m in agreement it’s annoying that it happened but I totally get why they did it. It was guaranteed money. Let the brokers take a risk on it and if they didn’t sell it doesn’t matter because they’ve already made Money on it.

It just blows we will be celebrating a sell out and I think it’s going to look 90% full.

I guess that’s better than the 75% last season tho

Let’s go orange!
I don’t think it’s in SU’s best interest to buy back tickets they have already sold. That will only encourage the brokers to buy more inventory in the future.

I actually love the fact the ticket brokers are going to lose money on this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom