Clemson Opens -7.5 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Opens -7.5

A bit surprised. i was thinking Clemson -3
All in all, I am rather pleased by this development.
I hope that it may serve us well to rally the troops and quietly play the ‘disrespect’ card or the follow up ‘they didn’t know’ fodder as bulletin board material for the team on the field and for the fans in the stands to help the mob disrupt the Clemson offense.
This should elevate our incentive to overperform and achieve a team inspired collective greatness to win rather than looking at Clemson’s current record which now includes two losses.
I believe that a dose of little humility now could be just what the Saltine Warrior or our Dr. Dino would like to have ordered. LGO!

I just looked at the series history in search of historical lines. I wasn’t able to find any other than last years’ +14. I’m pretty confident this is the most respect we’ve gotten in a decade from a betting perspective when it come to playing the Tigers.

I just looked at the series history in search of historical lines. I wasn’t able to find any other than last years’ +14. I’m pretty confident this is the most respect we’ve gotten in a decade from a betting perspective when it come to playing the Tigers.
Is it respect or Clemson being down?

Is it respect or Clemson being down?
Both, right? And that’s ok. I take it as an indication that we’ve closed the gap between us and the top and that the ACC is more competitive than it probably has been in a decade. If that means the top and bottom have both moved towards the mean then so be it.

Sagarin’s predictor is usually a pretty good proxy for spread; prior to yesterdays games it would have been about Clemson -2.5 for a Dome game. We’ll see how much yesterdays game impacts things, but I think Cuse looks like great value at current line.

Sagarin’s predictor is usually a pretty good proxy for spread; prior to yesterdays games it would have been about Clemson -2.5 for a Dome game. We’ll see how much yesterdays game impacts things, but I think Cuse looks like great value at current line.
Yeah. That’s why I want to see where the -7.5 is coming from. This line should be a field goal tops. Anything above that will be HUGE value taking the orange.

Unless Sagarin’s numbers change dramatically based on yesterday FSU game

Clemson outplayed FSU yesterday. 9 more first downs, 120 more total yards. They lost because FSU basically made a 14 point play on that fumble return and Clemson missed a dead on 29 yard field goal.

I know they’re 2-2 but they’re still a Top 10-15 level team IMO.

Clemson outplayed FSU yesterday. 9 more first downs, 120 more total yards. They lost because FSU basically made a 14 point play on that fumble return and Clemson missed a dead on 29 yard field goal.

Yup. I just went back and watched the extended highlights from Clemson yesterday and now think we’re gonna lose by 30. Lol

Just as Dino wanted

Somebody in Vegas told me they were favored by 7.5 points ...

That they was going to come into our house and whoop our butts ...

Well they don't know about the Dawgs in this locker room ...

I can hear it now

This.

Clemson doesn’t suck. They aren’t coming like Petrino’s last Louisville team.

We need to have four quarters of good football in us on Saturday.

We can’t rely on a team to keep making the same mistakes they’ve been making.

But I hope they keep making the mistakes they’ve been making.

I dunno about that -- we are playing a 2-2 team at home that hasn't been ranked in weeks, that was also destroyed by Duke. And their only 2 wins were against Charleston Southern and Florida Atlantic. Meanwhile our Orange have won every game by a minimum of 13 points, with an average margin of victory of 34 over the first third of the season. The +7.5 actually seems disrespectful to me.

Says +6 at 9:27
I can't tell who's right or not since I can't see 'Cuse on my DK (NYS resident), but a 3 point swing in 10 minutes (from Kirbivore's at 9:17am to Bees at 9:27am) seems too high. But ironically, the OP's subject header of -7.5 is right smack in the middle of the two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom