Clemson-Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson-Pitt

Totally not true, our ACC division is looked at as the 2nd strongest in CFB this year behind only the SEC West.

There is a thread on here about strength of conference divisions, you should probably take a look at it.

Yeah its not. The Big 10 division with Michigan, Ohio St, and Penn St is better than the ACC Atlantic

Clemson winning out still gets them in. They are now going to play Bama first though. Also this would mean playing in Atlanta over Glendale. While playing Bama sucks atleast in Atlanta they will be close.

The ACC is strong enough a 1 loss Clemson gets in.

FYI the ACC Atlantic is one of the toughest divisions in CFB.
Pitt is no slouch they beat Penn State as well.

Yeah its not. The Big 10 division with Michigan, Ohio St, and Penn St is better than the ACC Atlantic

Pitt beat Penn State.. Look at the conference rankings by division, pretty sure the ACC Atlantic is ranked 2md behind the SEC west last I checked. Could have changed by now.

How do you define better?

I would think if you lined up 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc, whoever wins 4 or more of those matchups is better.

I bet the ACC could win 4.

SO you are saying that

Michigan #3
Ohio State #5
Penn State #10 - Completely undeserved and should in no way be ranked this high

Is better than

Clemson #2
Louisville #6 Eventual Heisman trophy winner 2016
Florida State #18

Looks pretty even to me, at worst. Ped State should not be in the top 10.

My other point being that you said that the ACC gets no respect is Way Way Way off base, especially this year.

B1G 5 ranked teams
SEC 5 ranked teams - 2 of which are 24 and 25, before this week they only had 3
ACC 5 ranked teams

SEC moves atop College Football Conference Rankings

wow Dabo gave the game away by not punting at the end. Why give Pitt a chance at the short field when your defense hasn't stopped them the whole game? Ouch.

SO you are saying that

Michigan #3
Ohio State #5
Penn State #10 - Completely undeserved and should in no way be ranked this high

Is better than

Clemson #2
Louisville #6 Eventual Heisman trophy winner 2016
Florida State #18

Looks pretty even to me, at worst. Ped State should not be in the top 10.

My other point being that you said that the ACC gets no respect is Way Way Way off base, especially this year.

B1G 5 ranked teams
SEC 5 ranked teams - 2 of which are 24 and 25, before this week they only had 3
ACC 5 ranked teams

SEC moves atop College Football Conference Rankings

Your article is from September. But it is confirmed in this more recent one as well. Both ACC divisions are ranked higher than either Big Ten division.

The SEC East is again the worst Power 5 division

Pitt beat Penn State.. Look at the conference rankings by division, pretty sure the ACC Atlantic is ranked 2md behind the SEC west last I checked. Could have changed by now.

Pitt isn't in the ACC Atlantic!

OMG Dabo. Punt. The. Ball. Make them drive the field. I get that making the first down ends the game, but we just saw that making the first down isn't guaranteed. Arrogance or stupidity? Oh Lord

That call made no sense at all, esp since you just got stuffed on 3rd and short, make them go to the long field.

And?

Both sides of the ACC are ranked higher according to the S&P analytics.

Well that is just silly to think the ACC Coastal is ranked higher than the BIG 10 division with Mich, OSU, and Penn St so I wouldn't even take that seriously

Well that is just silly to think the ACC Coastal is ranked higher than the BIG 10 division with Mich, OSU, and Penn St so I wouldn't even take that seriously

If you say so. The remainder of that division isn't good. It doesn't just take the top 3 teams and formulate a rank, all teams are taken into consideration.

Rutgers, Michigan State, Maryland, and Indiana aren't good. They pull the division down.

If you say so. The remainder of that division isn't good. It doesn't just take the top 3 teams and formulate a rank, all teams are taken into consideration.

Rutgers, Michigan State, Maryland, and Indiana aren't good. They pull the division down.

And BC, WF, and SU doesn't pull the ACC Atlantic down?

And BC, WF, and SU doesn't pull the ACC Atlantic down?

It certainly does, but apparently not as much. The analytics behind S&P deems the avg. is better as a whole. Not going by an eye test here, I stand by the numbers.

Syracuse and BC have better records than Michigan State and Rutgers. Wake has a better record than Indiana and Maryland; NC State has an equivalent record to the two previous mentioned BIG teams.

I should take back my Clemson has a one percent chance of making the playoffs comment. Washington and Michigan losing has increased their chances sig. I think Clemson and Lville might both make it now.

Totally not true, our ACC division is looked at as the 2nd strongest in CFB this year behind only the SEC West.

There is a thread on here about strength of conference divisions, you should probably take a look at it.

And this is why when I said last week the ACC is looked down upon and had no chance of getting 2 teams into the playoff and why the ACC Atlantic isn't the 2nd strongest division in college football I was 100% right.

The Big 10 East would crush the ACC Atlantic top to bottom I don't care what some rankings say. I was a huge L'ville supporter this year but they aren't a playoff team, Clemson lost at home to Pitt, and FSU has lost 3 games and might lose 4 when all is said and done when they play Florida. That's an OK division in a bad conference and that is the national perception of it.

And this is why when I said last week the ACC is looked down upon and had no chance of getting 2 teams into the playoff and why the ACC Atlantic isn't the 2nd strongest division in college football I was 100% right.

The Big 10 East would crush the ACC Atlantic top to bottom I don't care what some rankings say. I was a huge L'ville supporter this year but they aren't a playoff team, Clemson lost at home to Pitt, and FSU has lost 3 games and might lose 4 when all is said and done when they play Florida. That's an OK division in a bad conference and that is the national perception of it.
I guess hinsight is 20/20.

Wondering why you didn't say anything after Michigan lost.

I disagree with you and so would the mathematics.

I guess hinsight is 20/20.

Wondering why you didn't say anything after Michigan lost.

I disagree with you and so would the mathematics.

It's not hindsight because I said it before it happened and I said why L'ville had no respect nationally and why their odds of making the playoff was ever so slim. And then they went out and proved it by losing to Houston.

I didn't talk after the Michigan loss because it is irrelevant. Because Michigan had a path to make the playoff. Beat OSU and win the Big 10 Title game. L'ville wasn't winning their division and wasn't playing in the ACC title game. They essentially had no path.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom