Clemson Predictions... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Predictions...

Cuse 17
Clemson 9

I would love to know what some of you would have wrote in '84 if you think Cuse has no shot this Saturday, because that team REALLY had zero shot before the game was played
That's probably the score we will need to win.

Clemson: 31
Cuse: 17

Clemson slow start. Gives some slight hope. Overall, better performance.

Sorry I haven't had much time to post this week. I always enjoy visiting with you guys. And I know, some of you will take what I just said as an apology while others will breathe a sigh of relief. Gotta love (budding) rivalries!

At any rate - my take on the game is not really a prediction. What I'm hearing from fans, coaches and players here is that no one from Clemson is coming in expecting an easy out. Some of you have said that we will have a chip on our shoulder and be looking for revenge, etc. To that I'll just say we didn't come planning to lose two years ago - and yet you beat us. No need to whine and no excuses. We were outplayed and outcoached. We expect your best shot and we expect it to be a good one. Anyone who knows football knows that the Maryland game was a fluke. There may have been a little looking ahead to Clemson on your part but I can't say that with any kind of authority. The game got out of hand early. That upset your rhythm and forced you out of your game plan.

I still expect us to win. I never picked Clemson to lose even in the days when I knew there was an 80% chance that we were going to. If we're going to lose a game, I at least believe in playing the game first. If we win by 1 or 10, I will be a happy, happy Tiger. If it's a whole lot more than that, I will be very surprised.

Enjoy your day, y'all!

Remember when Clemson put up 59 on Florida State could have easily scored 80? That's going to be what happens Saturday. If this game was played later in the season where Syracuse could have made strides on both sides of the ball, I'd have more confidence in the alma mater.

Saturday morning in Sept 1984 as a junior at Oswego St. sporting robust hangovers my roommate and I drove down to the dome after our Friday night house party. A guy at the party gave me SU +35 for 5$ . We ended up dancing in the West End Zone with thousands of friends. History repeats itself 37-34.

Last edited:
Not sure if the folks picking Cuse are serious or not but I'll take them with the 27.5.

Clemson 45
Cuse 24

Not sure if the folks picking Cuse our serious or not but I'll take them with the 27.5.

Clemson 45
Cuse 24
?????? Most the guys here follow college football and know our chances but what fun is following Vegas on your own board ?

There was only one Jim Brown.

Now where was it that he played his college ball??
Not sure, I know where he played lacrosse and ran track

Not sure if the folks picking Cuse are serious or not but I'll take them with the 27.5.

Clemson 45
Cuse 24
Dead serious

Or someone might be counting 4 TDs sans XP.

4 TDs for Etienne sounds likely; 6 X 4 = 24.

Welcome back!
Thanks... and you got me again. Four TD's sans extra points. Makes too much sense. I'll be quiet now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom