Clemson Ticket Sales | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Ticket Sales

They took a risk that that seat would be gone or it would be priced at twice the price they could have locked in if they bought it early like me

If I go to buy a shirt I can pay the current price or take a risk and wait for it to go on sale. It's a risk because that shirt could sell out or get priced higher while I was waiting for a sale

If the Dome attendance gets to where it should be, it will play out like this. I buy a few tickets to Titans/Vanderbilt games at the beginning of the season and play around trying to get the cheapest price on Stubhub the rest of the season. The main reason that this works is a high demand for tickets and a good, even base price for single game tickets at the beginning of the season. It's really important to fill the place to get the recruits needed to build a winning program. A full house also makes those watching from home wish that they were there. From there, attendance goes up and the ticket prices can be gradually increased. As it stands now the tickets are just too expensive.

Wait a minute, what happened to all the posts before the season that season ticket sales are up this year from the last few? Did everyone ask for a refund after 0-2?

There's still risk about tickets being available at all or available where you'd like. Will people who wait until the day before our duke game this winter be taking a risk?

SU bball playing Duke isn't quite the same as SU fball.

Btw, the single game tix are done the same way for bball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland here. Akron often for some work and my parents are there. Where are you in Akr? It's getting much better, downtown especially.

I work near downtown Akron, but I live in the Tallmadge region. Definitely some interesting folk downtown of akron..

I'm driving with my buddy from the same area my man.
Coming in late to this thread ... do you guys work ;)

Anyway, there is no non-boring drive from NE Ohio, but we've got four more making the trip.

This is true, you have to protect the season ticket holders that are the backbone supporting the finances of your program.

This is been an issue for football since before Dr Gross got here. It is a tough one to deal with. Do you cut revenue by slashing prices for season ticket holders to get more people to buy good season tickets, so the silver goes away? Increased sales of ticket might offset the revenue loss but if you do this, it will be hard to jack the prices back to where they were later.

The other way to address this is improve the product substantially, increasing demand for tickets that way.

So far, not a lot of traction.

They have partly address this issue by substantially increasing the number of seats you can buy season tickets for without paying the ticketing licensing fee.

Further, for the seats still subject to the licensing fee, you get a lot better seat for B, C and D levels than you used to. Props to them for that.

But they are holding strong on the season ticket price for sideline seats and holding strong on the licensing fees too.
And they are holding on tightly to empty seats in prime tv camera view. A big part of the problem with the casual fan is that they turn on the game and see all of those empty seats and make an assessment of the relative value of an SU football game as their entertainment option. Perception becomes reality. Cabbage Patch Kids, Beanie Babies, Tickle Me Elmo, etc were shite products but because there weren't enough of them, people virtually (and sometimes literally) rioted over them, driving up demand and subsequently, the price.

Fill in all of the seats for big games, no matter how; build the perception amongst the casual fans that this is the place to be on Saturday and drive up the demand for the product. As long as the product provides entertainment, people will come back game after game. When that happens, you can start to increase prices to keep up with the demand. The goal should be to find the pricing structure where Demand = Dome capacity +1 fan.

Anyway, there is no non-boring drive from NE Ohio, but we've got four more making the trip.

The way my work schedule is set up, I get every other Friday off. Just so happens that Friday is October 4th. If I go home, I'll be leaving after work that Thursday.

The entire ride is on 90, with the exception of Ohio 8/271N for less than an hour at the start of the trip (I'm sure you're fully aware of this, haha). Awful.

If you want to see something really pathetic go to the SU Athletics website and click on the link to buy tickets for the Clemson.

It appears the so called sports fans in Syracuse or even alumni (since its homecoming weekend) have no interest whatsoever in seeing the ACC football opener or even watching the Cuse take on one of the top 3 teams in the country.

There has to be 15,000 + seats available on Ticketmaster which does not include seats the university is holding back for season ticket sales, student tickets, and any tickets returned by Clemson.

After having football season tickets for 20+ years and only missing one home game I don't know why I'm surprised by the lack of interest for a homecoming game against Clemson.

Wow. I thought I heard tickets were selling great for Clemson.

The way my work schedule is set up, I get every other Friday off. Just so happens that Friday is October 4th. If I go home, I'll be leaving after work that Thursday.

The entire ride is on 90, with the exception of Ohio 8/271N for less than an hour at the start of the trip (I'm sure you're fully aware of this, haha). Awful.
Yep. I've done that ride many times. But we can't complain. As I recall, TomCat and others did it twice in one weekend a couple years ago for the NCAA tourney here in CLE.

As for the work comment, that was geared toward the fact that this was a new thread around 9:00 am this morning, and when I checked the board at lunchtime, it was 80-posts long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

Thank you so much, I am actually down by Marietta. I didn't go to Syracuse we had some family in the area so we have always enjoyed Syracuse Athletics. My Mother has done some work indirectly with Syracuse and Dr.Grose in the past so we have always enjoyed their programs. I am going to the Clemson game with a buddy of mine who lives up in Cleveland.

Nice first post. Akron area?

You an alum of 'cuse?

That is awesome are you guys going up for this game ? We work when we need to work lol !

I am surprised at the large amount of available tickets. I am all over the CNY area for my job and usually talk about Syracuse Football with customers when I have a chance. I swear there have been a couple handfuls of random people who have all said they have tickets for this game, and none of them usually attend games.

I'm strongly debating whether to make the trip home for the game. I graduated from SU in '12, and currently living in Akron (~5.5 hours away). I'd love to make the game. Trying to figure out the logistics, though. The ride is extremely boring.

I split season tickets with my aunt for many years, so I'm sure I have a ticket waiting for me if I decide to drive back for it (which means I'll be taking the ticket from my younger cousin :))

At your age a 5.5 hour drive is nothing. I am old enough to be your grandmother...and I drove five hours to Syracuse to attend Rob Edson's wake today.

I would think a football game is a much better destination than a wake

Last edited:
Doing my part. Will be my first time in the dome since UNC in 2000-whatever.
Was at that game too. Three 50+ yard field goals!?! John Bunting was doing the color on espn3 last week, and he brought it up. I wanted to kick the TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

I am surprised at the large amount of available tickets. I am all over the CNY area for my job and usually talk about Syracuse Football with customers when I have a chance. I swear there have been a couple handfuls of random people who have all said they have tickets for this game, and none of them usually attend games.

I'm wondering if a lot of people will be buying tickets when the time is released or just that day. As lame as that sounds.

IF Syracuse wins this week then the Clemson game will have as good of a crowd as we've seen in years if its an afternoon start, evening even better. I believe that there is no urgency to buy tickets for the casual fan because the product is known as being available up to Game Day. The hype will build after the win this week and through the off week. It will be electric especially in a relative manner to the Dome of late. It only takes 40,000 to get REAL LOUD if the crowd is into it. Not worried about that. The problem will have be bringin them back for the rest of the home slate. Winning will cure all worries but if we don't win then you lose 10,000+ fans a game.

Fill in all of the seats for big games, no matter how; build the perception amongst the casual fans that this is the place to be on Saturday and drive up the demand for the product. As long as the product provides entertainment, people will come back game after game. When that happens, you can start to increase prices to keep up with the demand. The goal should be to find the pricing structure where Demand = Dome capacity +1 fan.

I live about 5 hours from the carrier dome and end up giving most of my season tickets to family. If I can get a great deal on a couple big games a year instead of paying for season tickets I'd definitely consider it. I suspect that "filling in all the seats for the big games" would absolutely crush attendance at games vs Wagner and Tulane...and we're still trying to figure out how to fix the attendance problem. Plus when people get used to paying, say $15 a ticket to see Clemson, we'd lose a lot of them as prices were raised anyway so it's a waste of time. Unless the plan is to have the cheapest tickets and lowest revenues of any BCS conference school in football - if that's the goal this plan will be a spectacular success.

Win big enough and fans will want to come. Don't and they won't. This entire discussion is really just mental masturbation because it really is that simple.

IF Syracuse wins this week then the Clemson game will have as good of a crowd as we've seen in years if its an afternoon start, evening even better. I believe that there is no urgency to buy tickets for the casual fan because the product is known as being available up to Game Day. The hype will build after the win this week and through the off week. It will be electric especially in a relative manner to the Dome of late. It only takes 40,000 to get REAL LOUD if the crowd is into it. Not worried about that. The problem will have be bringin them back for the rest of the home slate. Winning will cure all worries but if we don't win then you lose 10,000+ fans a game.

It's almost like what came first the chicken or the egg. Recruits want to go to schools with a strong following, and definitely a place that can at least come close to filling a 50k capacitiy building. A 3/4 filled Dome isn't attracting any great talent.

Make every ticket $5. Give beer and soda away... free of charge. Charge $100 to use the bathrooms. Charge $25 to leave the Dome.

How about a dynamic pricing structure based on when fans arrive and leave?

If you arrive 30 mins or more prior to kickoff and stay until after the final whistle your ticket is $10, 30-15 mins prior double to $20, 15-ko $30, after kickoff $60. Leaving during the 4th qtr adds $10, 3rd quarter adds $30, halftime or prior adds $60.

We could solve a few problems at once with this. Those that buy season tickets and/or pay liscensing fees can do whatever they want because they've paid for that right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom