Clemson Ticket Sales | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Ticket Sales

I live about 5 hours from the carrier dome and end up giving most of my season tickets to family. If I can get a great deal on a couple big games a year instead of paying for season tickets I'd definitely consider it. I suspect that "filling in all the seats for the big games" would absolutely crush attendance at games vs Wagner and Tulane...and we're still trying to figure out how to fix the attendance problem. Plus when people get used to paying, say $15 a ticket to see Clemson, we'd lose a lot of them as prices were raised anyway so it's a waste of time. Unless the plan is to have the cheapest tickets and lowest revenues of any BCS conference school in football - if that's the goal this plan will be a spectacular success.

Win big enough and fans will want to come. Don't and they won't. This entire discussion is really just mental masturbation because it really is that simple.

That certainly is the simplistic way to look at it and frankly, I think it's a lazy cop out. If it were that simple, we would never draw decent crowds. Marrone's 1st game against Minn drew a very solid crowd. It certainly wasn't because the program had been winning big, it was because there was excitement surrounding the game. It's excitement that draws people.
Winning certainly helps build excitement, but it isn't the only factor. And Syracuse hasn't always shown up in droves to support winning teams. My father has told me about sitting in half-filled Archbold Stadium to watch games where Jim Brown, or Ernie Davis played. Even the NC team played before a lot of empty seats - and that was back when the CNY economy was thriving and the only way you could watch a game was in person.

if we dont get 45K for this game, then we never will. this will be our best opponent (ranking wise) possibly for the next 5-10 years. They are #3 for crying out loud. Sow up people. The Dome still is an amazing, crazy loud venue when people attend games.

The way my work schedule is set up, I get every other Friday off. Just so happens that Friday is October 4th. If I go home, I'll be leaving after work that Thursday.

The entire ride is on 90, with the exception of Ohio 8/271N for less than an hour at the start of the trip (I'm sure you're fully aware of this, haha). Awful.

If you need a ticket, I have two extra at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom