Clemson vs Alabama | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson vs Alabama

No. They have 4 OL back. They are going to score a lot of points next year.

Could have sworn I heard the announcers say they were losing 4 OL.

Sometimes wonder what would've happened if we'd accepted the camp invite...

The leaving after Junior year rule needs to go. A player should be allowed to go pro if they are ready what else does Lawrence really need to accomplish. Kids already a pro. I just feel it’s wrong for college football to benefit from these players while they get nothing really with the exception of a scholarship.

The leaving after Junior year rule needs to go. A player should be allowed to go pro if they are ready what else does Lawrence really need to accomplish. Kids already a pro. I just feel it’s wrong for college football to benefit from these players while they get nothing really with the exception of a scholarship.

I think it’s for safety. 23-33 year old men vs. a 19 year old kid.

I think it’s for safety. 23-33 year old men vs. a 19 year old kid.

You might be right however some of these teams have players that are NFL ready now so idk how you can quantify or rationalize the NFLs policy. The student athlete should be able to make his own choice

You might be right however some of these teams have players that are NFL ready now so idk how you can quantify or rationalize the NFLs policy. The student athlete should be able to make his own choice
It’s the NFL’s choice, that quantifies it.

I can make a choice to try and work at Goldman Sach’s straight out of high school, but it’s their choice to accept me or not.

No different here. And to be honest, I’m fine with that and agree with it. The handful of kids that MIGHT be ready don’t outnumber the ones that aren’t.

I also know how many young men make ill-informed decisions. And I think they should have to wait, because it will give them the opportunity for some type of education at the very least. This is especially important when taking into consideration the NFL’s burn off rate.

Well I have to say he wasn’t throwing the ball awesome. If it weren’t for that super freshman kid who had 150 plus yards and 3 top nfl grabs he wouldn’t have done so well. He had time and Clemson got open. I think he can be a top nfl kid no doubt. But he wasnt on the money every throw. I don’t think he is pro ready yet but he will be after next year. I’m glad acc won and Clemson won as I look to them for us to follow. Dabo is a class act and so is Babers.

Agreed. An 18 year old should be able to decide if he wants to try to play football for a living, or go to college, or work at Starbucks. Personally, I think the NFL needs to step up and organize a developmental structure for kids who don’t want/need to go to college. Stop using the universities as minor league teams. Get back to student athletes, and start incentivizing education rather than the long shot of professional sports. Will that ever happen? Probably not. Too much money in the hands of people who don’t want that to happen. But it should.

Last edited:
The Alabama twitter posts were ridiculous last night. When that DB went down allowing the long touchdown, everyone was upset Dabo was celebrating as his guy was running down the field. Thought it was classless. I say he prob had no idea at the time the guy was hurt.
Hilarious.

I think the continuity of his staff also helps him and is a huge part of their success.

That's been huge for Dabo. Every dynasty ends when the coaching staff starts to get raided. Most recently USC with Carroll and Florida with Urban. Saban has been able to somehow maintain through all the turnover but last night it got them big time.

Saban promoted Tosh and Locks to coordinators last year to save recruiting because they both are monsters on the trail but everyone knew they werent as strong in X's and O's. Both got their @ss kicked last night. That was the difference.

That's been huge for Dabo. Every dynasty ends when the coaching staff starts to get raided. Most recently USC with Carroll and Florida with Urban. Saban has been able to somehow maintain through all the turnover but last night it got them big time.

Saban promoted Tosh and Locks to coordinators last year to save recruiting because they both are monsters on the trail but everyone knew they werent as strong in X's and O's. Both got their @ss kicked last night. That was the difference.

I think Herbie said they've only had 3 coaches leave. That's amazing. Of course his DC makes $2 million a year to stay. But the position coaches, amazing really.

I think Herbie said they've only had 3 coaches leave. That's amazing. Of course his DC makes $2 million a year to stay. But the position coaches, amazing really.

Yea Dabo is incredibly fortuante that Venebles hasn't left. He's so good. I think Bama has turned their entire coaching staff over twice since the first Clemson Bama match up in 2015. That stuff catches up with you eventually and it finally did last night.

It's crazy to think that when Bama was down 15 points last night, it was their biggest deficit of the entire Saban era. If we were down 15 points during any Greg Robinson-era game, I thought to myself, "OK, this isn't so bad, we're in it."

It's crazy to think that when Bama was down 15 points last night, it was their biggest deficit of the entire Saban era. If we were down 15 points during any Greg Robinson-era game, I thought to myself, "OK, this isn't so bad, we're in it."
Is that true?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom