Clemson vs Alabama | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson vs Alabama

Yea Dabo is incredibly fortuante that Venebles hasn't left. He's so good. I think Bama has turned their entire coaching staff over twice since the first Clemson Bama match up in 2015. That stuff catches up with you eventually and it finally did last night.

I'm sure working for Dabo is a heck of a lot better than working for Saban to. That might have something to do with the turnover. People rail on money but money aint everything. I sure wouldn't work for a total ***hole to make more money.

I'm sure working for Dabo is a heck of a lot better than working for Saban to. That might have something to do with the turnover. People rail on money but money aint everything. I wouldn't work for a total ***hole to make more money.

Yea I know from a few people I've spoken with that Saban is incredibly demanding. He expects his entire staff to work crazy long hours and that's not exclusive to just during the season either. He has lunch and sometimes dinner brought in everyday so nobody "needs" to leave the complex. Guys usually view it like a short term launching pad because every coach at Bama seemingly gets a giant promotion in 2-3 years somewhere else.

Yea I know from a few people I've spoken with that Saban is incredibly demanding. He expects his entire staff to work crazy long hours and that's not exclusive to just during the season either. He has lunch and sometimes dinner brought in everyday so nobody "needs" to leave the complex. Guys usually view it like a short term launching pad because every coach at Bama seemingly gets a giant promotion in 2-3 years somewhere else.
The thing about Saban is that while he's been absurdly successful, it comes at a price.

The success justifies his approach, but if not for that, you could look at how scheduled his life is and think that socially he's kind of a loser.

What a game!

Congratulations! As a college football fan it's been a lot of fun to watch these two heavyweights throw haymakers at one another the past 4 years.

Reactions: gbo
What a game!

Congratulations for an amazing season and one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen in a title game. It's easy to cheer for Clemson and Dabo.

Really wish we were able to stop you on 4th and 6 though.

The thing about Saban is that while he's been absurdly successful, it comes at a price.

The success justifies his approach, but if not for that, you could look at how scheduled his life is and think that socially he's kind of a loser.

Definitely true. I think he's the best college football coach ever and if you hear his motivational speeches and leadership talks they're incredibly inspiring but he is definitely a dude who for better or worse is wired differently. As are most people who are insanely successful.

One of the guys I referenced in my prior post said that when he was talking to Saban he referred to him as "just an odd dude". Said you'd be talking to him and he'd be midsentence and rearranging the salt and pepper shaker and napkins and utensil on the table so they were lined up and in order but not break pace in his sentence or even think anything of it or realize he was doing it.

Interesting story is Saban is notoriously blunt with recruits. He doesn't suck up to them at all. His pitch is if you come play for me it will be the hardest thing you've ever done or will do but if you do what I say you'll win national championships and go to the NFL and my track record proves it. Tee Higgins was all about Bama and went to visit. He kinda wanted to be coddled a bit and Saban said listen if you come here I'm not telling you when or if you'll play and whatever you decide to do we're going to win national championships with or without you. Higgins got really turned off by that and basically closed the door on Bama and committed to Clemson shortly thereafter. On the other hand, he said the same thing to Julio and Julio said that's what made him commit to Saban practicallyon the spot.

Belichick seems to be the same way. There's just some dudes that have a single focus and every second that they are awake is spent trying to achieve that one thing. Leads to a crap ton of success but you're probably miserable 99% of your life and then die young.

Belichick seems to be the same way. There's just some dudes that have a single focus and every second that they are awake is spent trying to achieve that one thing. Leads to a crap ton of success but you're probably miserable 99% of your life and then die young.

Yeah it must absolutely suck to be Bill Belichick.

Linda-Holliday-Bill-Belichick-girlfriend-picture.jpg

Yup, that preseason training camp special on Bama where Saban sat down with Kobe and Saban said how some recruits don't like to come to Bama because they don't have fun. Kobe looked disgusted and said something along the lines of "that's such an average person thing to say" and Saban was beaming. BB, Saban, Kobe, Jordan, Coach K none of them have ever been accused of being overly friendly but they want to win and prioritize it above all else.

Coach K has to have the best PR team in world history because he's 100% a cold, mean bastrd but somehow has the media act like he's this righteous leader of young men. One guy said it perfectly that Coach K is Bobby Knight with a better publicist.

I worked with Alabama alum (player) word was that Saban is kind of a %&#@. Coaches want to get away from him as fast as possible. Just to clarify player played under Curry, but alumni hear stuff.

Yeah it must absolutely suck to be Bill Belichick.

View attachment 149468

In what way was it said that it would suck to be him? Every dude on earth in their 60s with 8 figures in the bank can have a piece of candy on their arm if they want. He is the most obvious comparison to Saban that exists in sports.

Micromanagement isn’t the only way to be successful. Surprised people don’t realize this in 2019.

In what way was it said that it would suck to be him?

You said "he's probably miserable 99% of the time" which obviously would suck if it was true. I just don't get that vibe.

You said "he's probably miserable 99% of the time" which obviously would suck if it was true. I just don't get that vibe.

Only time I've seen the guy not appear to be/sound miserable is when he's talking about lacrosse.

I worked with Alabama alum (player) word was that Saban is kind of a %&#@. Coaches want to get away from him as fast as possible. Just to clarify player played under Curry, but alumni hear stuff.

I will say too that in fairness Saban has really done a lot to help some of the more troubled kids in his program who come from some rough backgrounds or came in as some really troubled kids grow up and get their feet underneath them a bit. Most recently Ryan Anderson, Tony Brown, Ardarius Stewart, he had Reuben on a better path but he seems to have reverted recently all view Saban as a father figure who helped change their life for the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom