Cleveland is a bad situation for Dion | Syracusefan.com

Cleveland is a bad situation for Dion

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Time to just come out and say it since few are willing to acknowledge it - Cleveland is a horrible place for Dion. It's already been decided that he's the problem. That judgment, so early in to this thing, is set in stone. Whatever he says or does, it's been decided that he's wrong, even if what he's being told is a contradiction.

Back when you were in highschool, did your group of buddies have a guy that was a part of everything, but kind of an outsider to the group? He was included because he was the designated friend that it was ok to bust on. He was there to make everyone feel better, and give everyone an outlet to pick on.

That's what Waiters is in Cleveland. Let's get rid of this myth that he has some great opportunity in Cleveland. He doesn't. He's the designated scapegoat. That sucks, and is not a good situation. He's being criticized for things that are problems with every player on that roster, but that doesn't matter so long as he's there to take the abuse.

You know who could really use him? The Pacers.

It is bad, but I think he did have an opportunity. From what I've seen, he didn't come into the season with the mindset that his role would be to play tough defense and be a catch and shoot guy when on the court with the starters. He could have also gone to Blatt and said give me the 6th man role and let me carry the load while the starters rest. Instead he seems to be making it easy to be handed the scapegoat label, which is what I feared when I said he was going to be the Mario Chalmers of the Cavs.

It reminds me of his 1st season at SU when he was clearly more talented than Triche, but had the wrong attitude and approach and it got him into the doghouse.

Well, Dion hasn't got it figured out but neither has Kyrie. Give it until Christmas and then get worried if the lineup isn't working.

98% of the teams are a bad fit for Dion.

He should go to Philly where him and MCW can each hoist 50 shots a game, get their points/stats and you guys can fawn over them...while wondering why neither makes an all star team or gets 1 MVP vote.

Well, Dion hasn't got it figured out but neither has Kyrie. Give it until Christmas and then get worried if the lineup isn't working.
I agree... it's already documented that LeBron has a "talk" with Kyrie about his gameplay, which Kyrie promptly followed up with a 34 point, ZERO assist game... for a PG that is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree... it's already documented that LeBron has a "talk" with Kyrie about his gameplay, which Kyrie promptly followed up with a 34 point, ZERO assist game... for a PG that is absolutely ridiculous.

And now tonight Lebron has 6 assists in the first quarter, showing Irving how it's done.

Great 1st quarter for the Cavs and Dion. Long season, ladies and germs, as LeBron and Aaron Rogers say, relax.

And now tonight Lebron has 6 assists in the first quarter, showing Irving how it's done.
The Cavs admittedly are playing a blah team without its point guard, Ty Lawson, but they're making the extra pass, playing as a team, looking good. Took them 4 games and 3 losses. but, by george, I think they got it. Helps having a player like LBJ to set the tone...he has 7 assists. Make that 8.

Serious discussion here - what's the best situation for Dion? Which team could get him and have it be a win-win? I saw Pacers above and agree. What about the Grizzlies? Nets? Hawks?

Serious discussion here - what's the best situation for Dion? Which team could get him and have it be a win-win? I saw Pacers above and agree. What about the Grizzlies? Nets? Hawks?
Where would he rather be than right here, right now? He plays like he is tonight, he's in the right spot.

Whatta great basket here. His butt's gotta be hurting big time. Amazed he didn't drop an f-bomb with the mic on him. I woulda.

Last edited:
Arthur should get like 3-5 game suspension for that cheap shot on Waiters. Dion is fortunate that he didn't get injured, that could've been bad. Really dirty play.

thats one of the dirtiest plays Ive seen in a while

wow that was really bad, as the commentator said (twice), "that's not even a basketball play, that's a dirty play"

The guy skips the National Anthem for his Muslim beliefs? He's dead to me, right there with Fab.

I hope he reconsiders. Mahmoud Abdul Rauf basically got blackballed from the league.

Lol.

I love NBA posts on the board.

And really? Muslim beliefs? Is that recent?

Melancer hypothesized a scenario with a trade with ATL involving Korver I believe yesterday. Made sense to me. Bottom line is who knows how much Dion wants to win or if he just wants to pad stats. I also think he is a PG first in this league. Maybe a scoring PG but it is pretty obvious by now that he struggles to play off the ball. I think he could really shine in a lead guard role. It is also asinine to say that he is better than Kyrie Irving. He isn't. No sane person would say this. Never understood why the Cavs drafted him, though.

Lol.

I love NBA posts on the board.

And really? Muslim beliefs? Is that recent?

I don't know but given that he's from Philly I'm not surprised.

Apparently this happened tonight. Maybe the cheap shot from Arthur was a message. Still a cheap shot, but is this Dion Islam dedication a new thing? Are his family members Muslims?

Dion stayed in locker room for anthem the other night, he apparently was on the floor for the anthem tonight.

EastCoast2 said:

Seriously? If you were being sarcastic, apologies for me missing it.

The best place for Dion: Cleveland Cavaliers. Forget the BS on this board about him being written off and ridden out of town by the Cleveland press, blah blah, and conspiracy theories. Bunch if crap that you read here from the homers. Dion needs to learn how to play better defense (that he is capable of), improve his shot selection (which he may not be capable of), and understand his role (which we know he is capable of because he did it here). The problem with #3 is that he thinks he is a super star, and he's not. Until he figures out that checking his head at the door and playing his part...which may NEVER be more important in the league than next to LeBron...he'll continually be running himself toward the bottom of the league where guys who have talent fall because they can't play with stars (see: Ellis, Monta).

Dion needs to get his S together right now and play his role, because his is playing with two top 10 players in the league. Shut up, play defense, and let these guys being the game to you. If he could get it into his head that he'll raise his value be playing within the system, he'll be better off. Instead, he thinks he needs to compete with LeBron and Love for shots. Idiotic.

44cuse

Atlanta always seems to be a pretty good landing spot. Even guys like Jamal Crawford seem to "find" themselves once they are sent to purgatory.