Cleveland is a bad situation for Dion | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cleveland is a bad situation for Dion

Fair enough. I haven't seen anyone saying they need to get rid of him though.

It will be interesting if the Cavs do trade Waiters. If they still struggle, who takes the heat? My guess is Blatt.

They won't get rid of Irving immediately after signing him to that contract.

This ended up spinning in to some unexpected stuff due to the National Anthem thing and the polarizing feelings around Dion.

My point boils down to this - it was decided, even while they still had Wiggins, that Dion was a problem. There are already columns about trade partners. Yes, Dion has some character flaws and limitations in his game, but does anyone honestly believe that if he was playing exactly the way he's "supposed" to be playing for them and their record is what it is right now that he'd be getting a pass? I don't think he would. His role is to be the punching bag and symbol of the Cavs' flaws, independent of what he's actually doing. To me, that's a horrible situation.

It's hilarious to me that people are talking like all he needs to do is be a 3 and D guy. That's not his game at all. This is akin to us last season telling Baye "Hey big fella, we're going to post you up a bunch tonight because we're expecting 18 points from you."

I would agree that making Dion a guy who never gets the ball other than to spot up and launch 3's is a waste of his ability. I do not think that's the intention though, because I don't think Blatt is dumb.

That said, Dion really needs to learn what to say if he wants people off his back. No reason to tell people what's "not your game". He's like 23 years old and his "game" should be developing and not be set in stone like that yet anyway. He should be working to improve on his defense and catch and shoot abilities. But as far as what to say, all he has to say is something along those lines.

I would agree that making Dion a guy who never gets the ball other than to spot up and launch 3's is a waste of his ability. I do not think that's the intention though, because I don't think Blatt is dumb.

That said, Dion really needs to learn what to say if he wants people off his back. No reason to tell people what's "not your game". He's like 23 years old and his "game" should be developing and not be set in stone like that yet anyway. He should be working to improve on his defense and catch and shoot abilities. But as far as what to say, all he has to say is something along those lines.
He absolutely doesn't help himself with how he talks about things.

Never ripped on hart, etan, hak or Melo as a nugget.

Or freeney, Harrison, mungro, brown or most others.

But when they're a jackarse...I call them a jackarse, when they're an easy target...I take aim.

You can thank me later for taking care of business in house and thus rendering any troll from another teams', flaming post...useless and ignored.

I remember quite a few "These guys are there for my entertainment. Once they aren't on my team, who cares about them" type of statements.