Closed Scrimmages | Syracusefan.com

Closed Scrimmages

realorange

Living Legend
Villanova has had closed scrimmages with Virginia and UNC. Duke with Gonzaga.

Somehow these seem to be working the system a little too much. Maybe it's just me but I don't like it.

Somehow these seem to be working the system a little too much. Maybe it's just me but I don't like it.

Not working the system at all. It's your choice to have a closed scrimmage against a Division 1 team or exhibition games vs lower level team. It's not as fun for the fans, but I think a closed scrimmage might be more beneficial.

Not working the system at all. It's your choice to have a closed scrimmage against a Division 1 team or exhibition games vs lower level team. It's not as fun for the fans, but I think a closed scrimmage might be more beneficial.
I don't think there is any doubt about it. At the very least it gives you a better idea what your guys can do against D-1 talent.

That Duke- Gonzaga closed scrimmage which I assume includes travel across the country for one team, sure seems to be more involved than a simple closed scrimmage. Amazing.

halfway according to halfway.com would be in South Dakota - someone’s getting the advantage :)
I just guessed but was pretty close.

It takes a flying culvert to get to Gonzaga, yet they recruit. We have no excuses.
Kids going to Gonzaga know that they will have a ton of easy games and make the tournament every year.

I like them and wish we did them

We did before they became a 'thing.'

I know we had one around 2007 or 2008 when I was still in Syracuse as my friends at the radio station were able to watch it.

Can't remember who it was against. I want to say an A10 school.

We did before they became a 'thing.'

I know we had one around 2007 or 2008 when I was still in Syracuse as my friends at the radio station were able to watch it.

Can't remember who it was against. I want to say an A10 school.

Hipster Boeheim did closed scrimmages before they were cool. I like it. We should do more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom