Closing the 2013 Class | Syracusefan.com

Closing the 2013 Class

Van111

Starter
Never expected this much activity and results but here we are. With just 8 days left, 1 weekend and just 2-4 slots left (depending on our softies) here we are. So, who would you all like to close our class?

I still say it ain't over till the fat lady sings...

Still say we have a shot at Gus, but if not, lets keep Brown! Then Moore, Thomas, Smith and or Hunter!

Either way, remarkable job by Coach Shafer and his Team!

With the loss of Carter, Spearman jumps near the top of my wishlist along with Laray and/or Gus, and Simeon Thomas.
Anyone else who is kept (Malik Brown) or jumps on board (another OL or Singleton) and there is room for them, then that would be great, too.

As i don't know how much room we have at the inn, i will go with my Top 5 of uncommitted (not including Edwards or Brown on this as they are still "officially" committed at this point).

1. Laray Smith
2. Duron Singleton
3. Jaylen Hunter
4. Simeon Thomas
5. Kendall Moore

Would be very happy with 3 of the 5 and 4 of the 5 would be outstanding. Gut feeling that Singleton may be out of the mix at this point which is a big loss as i think he's an immediate impact player. Anyway, very happy with how things have played out so far and trust the coaches will close strong.

Agree that with Carter not in the fold any longer the staff should bring in Spearman at LB. Also would like to see Malik Brown's verbal solidified and eventually signed. Then I'll say finish with Duron Singleton (hopefully distance isn't an deciding factor), Jaylen Hunter, Simeon Thomas (hard not ignore talent/measurables - maybe future LB) AND I say if there's a sliver that AE sticks with us why not (Important for continuity in NYC recruiting).

So to just list names: Spearman, Singleton, Hunter, Simeon Thomas, Brown (Solidify), A. Edwards (Solidify).

order of priority in my mind:
Gus Edwards
Laray Smith
Simeon Thomas
Malik Brown
Hunter
Spearman
Moore

I hope we close strong...but it si a crapshoot year.

Old staff (and relationships) leaves about 30 days before signing day, meaning months/years of work go with a lot of it.

Love the hustle and enthusiasm of the current recruiting effort but to be honest, so hard to root for x players versus y given all the changes.

Hoping people will be fired up at some sort of event, Spring practice gets off well and the new staff takes root in a big way. Then wake me up on recruiting.

LB Spearman
OT Moore
OG Hunter
S Singleton
WR Coley
Great list -- fingers crossed.
Go defense (add Simeon Thomas) and OL, with a preference for the JUCOs. Coley is a hail mary, but maybe he likes the idea of immediate playing time if he picks SU.
We are OK with our two RFs at running back if Gus and/or Laray aren't convinced.

We are OK with our two RFs at running back if Gus and/or Laray aren't convinced.

I'm ok with not getting either one of these players now. I have no doubt that next cycle our staff will hit a RB homerun.

1. MLB
2. OL
3. OLB
4. RB
5. S
6. DB

1. Edwards OR Smith
2. Kendall Moore
3. Simeon Thomas

I want Laray. 10.43 speed in the 100m doesn't come around all that often.

John Miller just shot up to a 3 star! (ESPN: Was NR)

Kimble now a 3 star, ranked #24 QB (ZA was and is ranked #56 QB)
Burton now a 3 star as well.

Spearman has to be #1 with Carter de-commit. way to think at LB

1. Spearman
2. Moore
3. Singleton
4. Thomas
5. LaRay

Read through ESPN's scouting reports, they do a quality job of evaluating prospects and provide in depth analysis. They rate all but three of our current verbals as 3 stars with the remaining three just missing. I think the staff did an incredible job of pulling together this class. Excited for this year and years to come.

Read through ESPN's scouting reports, they do a quality job of evaluating prospects and provide in depth analysis. They rate all but three of our current verbals as 3 stars with the remaining three just missing. I think the staff did an incredible job of pulling together this class. Excited for this year and years to come.

Thanks! I'm in the market for a good site (in addition to this one). Will check it out.

It's all subjective but I have to agree, at least they include analysis on every recruit they rank. No other recruiting site does that.

The others do a better job with Syracuse based articles.

After watching tape and the couple of reads on Kimble, he is as much if not more than what ZA was as a recruit, and for us to pull this rabbit out of the hat, and beat a new conf rival out to boot, says alot about what we can expect from this team of coaches going down the road.

After watching tape and the couple of reads on Kimble, he is as much if not more than what ZA was as a recruit, and for us to pull this rabbit out of the hat, and beat a new conf rival out to boot, says alot about what we can expect from this team of coaches going down the road.
In a couple of years, I have a feeling that many people here will saying... Zach who?

Mitch Kimble looks like the real deal and I believe that the coaching staff had him rated ahead of O'Korn also.

If their coaching matches their recruiting prowess we may be in for some very good times as fans.

I was just thinking that. Kimble:Warrick, ZA:Hodge (I barely remember his name ... Choose NC State if I remember correctly.)

I was just thinking that. Kimble:Warrick, ZA:Hodge (I barely remember his name ... Choose NC State if I remember correctly.)
One difference is we were already in contact Warrick (he wanted to attend SU) and his offer was contingent on Hodge not accepting. Kimble came totally out of the blue as a result of the new staff's contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom