Closing the 2013 Class | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Closing the 2013 Class

Do we have a Safety/WR recruit we're chasing from Quebec?

Saw this come across twitterverse...

Alix vandal@AlixVandal
@cyndube About a roadtrip to syracuse with ur fav WR / safety ?! #wouldbefun
This guy is class of 2014 but he appears to be a legit D1 prospect. He is from Vineland, Ontario and attends Niagara Academy. 6'4 190 pounds. We have a couple of assistant coaches who have coached in the CFL. Perhaps that will help us.

Link

Does it?
2 in homes with long time commits on the same day. 1 flips 1 decides to still take a visit. I'd say so. It's easier to close when its ODU or Northern Ill.

2 in homes with long time commits on the same day. 1 flips 1 decides to still take a visit. I'd say so. It's easier to close when its ODU or Northern Ill.

Long time commits who committed not to the program but to the coaches that they developed relationships with over the past year. The long time commits that committed to the program or committed to coaches still on staff (i.e. Hodge) haven't gone anywhere.

The ODU and N Ill guys were recruited by the new staff, little different don't you think?

This guy is class of 2014 but he appears to be a legit D1 prospect. He is from Vineland, Ontario and attends Niagara Academy. 6'4 190 pounds. We have a couple of assistant coaches who have coached in the CFL. Perhaps that will help us.

Link

Nice find... looks like he may be the guy...

I like this tweet also...

Matt Porter@mattyports
Don't know if we put this out there, but just in case: American Heritage FB Tyler Provo is still solid to #Cuse, despite coaching changes.

Orange Fizz@OrangeFizz
Just talked to @brownmalik99, said he is still 100% committed to Syracuse, not a soft verbal. Just taking other visits. -Fitz
a soft verbal is when someone is committed but still taking visits. Fizz is a little mixed up.

Malik Brown@brownmalik99 26s
I will be using my last weekend of recruiting to take an official visit to the University of Tennessee #Vols

Guess the SU visit today didn't seal the deal.
IMO, EO, AE, and MB would have done exactly what they are doing now. The real loss we had was ZA, and being we got what we have in WR's and with a QB, and coaching changes very consistent with what we had, and better recruiting potential, this was probably inevitable any way. If MB chooses the TN path, BOL, and hope to see you on the field down the road for some smash mouth football. :mad:

Orange Fizz@OrangeFizz
Just talked to @brownmalik99, said he is still 100% committed to Syracuse, not a soft verbal. Just taking other visits. -Fitz

ya he's 100%, but still talking to other schools. either he doesn't know what 100% means, or the other schools are just morons. i am leaning against the other schools being that dumb.

ya he's 100%, but still talking to other schools. either he doesn't know what 100% means, or the other schools are just morons. i am leaning against the other schools being that dumb.

Why not take a free trip to another state and be wined and dined? Nothing wrong with that.

When EO blew off the program, regardless of what AE said, my gut said he would follow or look to bigger offers since his supposed brother didn't come to the CUSE, but EO made sure he was in the spotlight when AE made the committ. What he is forgetting was that SU stood by him when he needed it, and what does he do? Ans...wasn't going to be his coach at SU regardless, so this relationship thing is a bit of a farce IMO. We can do with out him, we are solid in the run game with some very good young men, and I think the best of the softies (MB) will come thru for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom