Coach Boeheim on Mike & Mike | Syracusefan.com

Coach Boeheim on Mike & Mike

Lots of good teams. Not much separates the top 20. Almost every State has a competitive team. (He cited VCU and George Mason)

NCAA Tournament is going to be very exciting. College basketball is in a good place.

We have played 8 close games and won them all. (He seemed to suggest we could have lost some of these)

We are going to face some adversity ... especially with the road games we have ahead of us. He wants to see how the team reacts tot hat adversity.

SU needs to develop an eighth player to be better.

Ennis has a great strength that almost no one else has. He can sense when a called play is not going to work and adjust to the new defensive situation. It's beyond just playing like a Senior. It's an ability to adjust.

He is for paying the players (a stipend).

Lots of good teams. Not much separates the top 20. Almost every State has a competitive team. (He cited VCU and George Mason)

NCAA Tournament is going to be very exciting. College basketball is in a good place.

We have played 8 close games and won them all. (He seemed to suggest we could have lost some of these)

We are going to face some adversity ... especially with the road games we have ahead of us. He wants to see how the team reacts tot hat adversity.

Ennis has a great strength that almost no one else has. He can sense when a called play is not going to work and adjust to the new defensive situation. It's beyond just playing like a Senior. It's an ability to adjust.

I can't remember JB speaking so highly of a play mid-season as he is with Ennis. This kid can do something special.

I can't remember JB speaking so highly of a play mid-season as he is with Ennis. This kid can do something special.

The interesting part about this, I think, is that Ennis is actually better than we fans know.

Only he, Boeheim and the players know what play has been called when he brings the ball up court. (Or what play the Orange would ordinarily run in the circumstance).

So only they know when he is varying from the script and improvising or changing. So they can appreciate what he. alone, has just done.

To you and I, we can't appreciate it because we aren't aware of what just happened before our eyes. Nor is Dick Vitale or Bilas or anyone else.

Wouldn't it be great to have a post game chalk talk in which we were shown "Here's the play we called" and "Here's what Ennis did --- the adjustment he made --- and why he did it"?

Last edited:

Interesting thing I heard was that he left a possibility out there that "maybe we dont lose any of those games". He was talking about the difficult schedule and how everyone gets smacked at some point but put in the caveat that maybe we wont..

Say it with me now, everyone!

He gone!
If he stays in the Lottery Pick range, hes unfortunately gotta go. Ennis and Grant could probably play themselves into the top 10 next year, maybe top 5, but if they are already in the Lottery you take that $$$ and run.

Win us an NC, and we can rest assured he will be gone. Otherwise ???

JB is going to give Ennis the advice he needs, whether its to stay or go. Remember Melo was going to stay for his 2nd year but JB told him he had to go after his amazing rookie season. And if I recall JB told Donte Greene to stay. If a player is ready JB will not be selfish about keeping him. He will advise him in the player's best interest, not his own.

JB is going to give Ennis the advice he needs, whether its to stay or go. Remember Melo was going to stay for his 2nd year but JB told him he had to go after his amazing rookie season. And if I recall JB told Donte Greene to stay. If a player is ready JB will not be selfish about keeping him. He will advise him in the player's best interest, not his own.

Because Boeheim is "Long-Term Smart". He realizes that if he gives everybody good, honest advice that when there's a kid that really shouldn't go, the kid just might listen to him. If he were to tell everyone to stay, no one would believe him.

Chad Ford's Top 10 was listed on SportsCenter today...

Tyler Ennis comes in at #10.
Chad Ford's list is meaningless. He doesn't account for a bunch of European players who will be drafted because he readers don't know them. The draft will look nothing like what he is listing. You might as well read an eye chart for insight.

And remember, Carmelo is going to advise Ennis to stay.

Chad Ford's list is meaningless. He doesn't account for a bunch of European players who will be drafted because he readers don't know them. The draft will look nothing like what he is listing. You might as well read an eye chart for insight.
He had some Euro players on the list today. Dante Exum was on there as well.

So he didnt mention UVA when referencing how each state has competitive teams but he did mention the other two virginia schools?

So he didnt mention UVA when referencing how each state has competitive teams but he did mention the other two virginia schools?

I see how you could get that. It was really in two different sentences.

He first said that every, or almost every, State had at least one team that was very good. And used VCU and GM as examples of just how many good teams there were.

There's no way you could get "VCU and GN are better than UVA this year" from what he said. He was rambling just a bit using various examples to bolster his main point about parity.

I see how you could get that. It was really in two different sentences.

He first said that every, or almost every, State had at least one team that was very good. And used VCU and GM as examples of just how many good teams there were.

There's no way you could get "VCU and GN are better than UVA this year" from what he said. He was rambling just a bit using various examples to bolster his main point about parity.

He used VCU and GM as past examples of teams making it to the final four - also included Butler, but I'm assuming no one wanted to include that reference.

JB is in favor of a stipend. Did he elaborate further on how much?

the thing about the stipend is that it will not deter players from seeking additional revenue from other sources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom