Coach K Retiring | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K Retiring

Isn't Capel an awful in game coach though? Think Duke lucked out by him leaving first.
I’d put Hop & Capel in the same skill set.
Great, outstanding recruiter, suspect in game coach.
Capel as I understand it was responsible for many of Dookes best recruits, so anything is possible I’d say. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up back at Dooke.

What a weird headline. How much more does he need to accomplish? He's old. He had a top 10 team in 2020. In the last 6 tournaments he's had two Elite 8's and his 5th championship.
Barstool sports = trash.

This is a giant of the game. The game will be diminished by him leaving. I would wish him Godspeed, would love a final SU victory in the last meeting between he and JB. Anything short of a raucous standing ovation, heartfelt congratulations on a great job and career, and a thank you for making us raise our game to compete against his teams and him would be a shame. I hope he has a long, happy and healthy retirement. He has earned my respect and I hope everyone else's as well.
I'll give him a nice round of applause but it won't be raucous. He was an exceptionally successful head coach for a very long time but I'm not a fan. He is not anyone I ever rooted for. Maybe I am bitter about JAB's wins that got taken away and maybe I am bitter about the Duke holier than thou attitude but bye bye Coach K.

Has Nate James commented? Seems to me he might have a question or two he would like to ask K.

Yep and UNC @ Duke is a lock for the last game of the season.
I checked the schedule because I wanted to see if they would have to switch home games. It just works out that in 2022 the last game is @ Duke in the regular rotation.

I don’t believe it’s in the best interests of the university to allow Jim the ability to make the decision on the next coach.
I'm not sure what that means. What has he done to not be afforded similar accommodations as K and Roy? And when you say "interests of the university" do you mean something beyond basketball considerations?

To be clear, I don't know if it's a good idea or not. I don't know if Red/Hop/Gmac would be good or bad. If I had a say, I'd make sure his opinion were strongly considered, but I'd make sure to do some due diligence outside of the "family"

With all the changes going on with college hoops losing Coach K is horrible news. The sport needs a leader and he was it. It’s unclear now how fast the sport can fall.

I'm not sure what that means. What has he done to not be afforded similar accommodations as K and Roy? And when you say "interests of the university" do you mean something beyond basketball considerations?

To be clear, I don't know if it's a good idea or not. I don't know if Red/Hop/Gmac would be good or bad. If I had a say, I'd make sure his opinion were strongly considered, but I'd make sure to do some due diligence outside of the "family"
Won as many championships. Let's start there.

He is a legend, he deserves credit for his accomplishments.

But he will not get applause from me, nor will I miss him. His actions in the past 5-8 years have tarnished him even more in my eyes.
Don't care if others disagree.

If the Dome gives K a standing ovation I will vomit all over the old people who sit in front of me.

Boo that man into retirement as he and Duke deserves.

Have to admit that Ks presser is pretty good.

I checked the schedule because I wanted to see if they would have to switch home games. It just works out that in 2022 the last game is @ Duke in the regular rotation.

Can't imagine how expensive tickets to that game will be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom