Coach K thinks we need to reassess playing college basketball during a pandemic. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K thinks we need to reassess playing college basketball during a pandemic.

You know, it really makes you think. (C) - hofceluck

You know something. Think about the Student Athletes with pro aspirations in mind. Also think about the College Basketball fan like us here in Syracuse who could use some enjoyment for a couple of hours in the beginning of Winter months which can be brutal here.

You know something. Think about the Student Athletes with pro aspirations in mind. Also think about the College Basketball fan like us here in Syracuse who could use some enjoyment for a couple of hours in the beginning of Winter months which can be brutal here.
Have you tried snowshoeing? How about cross country skiing? Beautiful to get out in the snowy woods.

Also, COVID don't care.

Powerful stuff.

Duke Kansas and Kentucky are pretty awful. Think unc is pretty bad too
I wouldn't put Kansas in that group. They beat a top 10 Creighton team. Their loss is to a really good zags team.

He's 100% right. The whole thing should be shut down. Try and come back in February. Have teams work out, practice, go home for xmas, etc. This is the darkest period of the virus. There's absolutely no reason we can't shut this down for a period of time to bring it back stronger.

These were the same things you and others were saying back in August about college football. Some of the hand wringing was over the top. I don't think there is any doubt that the decision to play football was a win-win for everyone involved - players, coaches, fans and administrators.

Last edited:
Keeping these guys all structured and semi-bubbled and a longer runway to make up games doesn't seem crazy. The logic to playing now is that kids aren't in class (even though many of these guys are on-line anyway). Also as we've seen with Buddy it's a pretty wide net cast to sideline players.

Wonder if K had Zion and those guys if he'd sing a different tune.

Keeping these guys all structured and semi-bubbled and a longer runway to make up games doesn't seem crazy. The logic to playing now is that kids aren't in class (even though many of these guys are on-line anyway). Also as we've seen with Buddy it's a pretty wide net cast to sideline players.

No. Not at all. K cares about the kids. It's his only motivation.

Lol the hubris.

me thinks if K had a roster equal to Zion, Barrett, and Reddish these statements would not be made

That's right. He's short a couple Mickey D A-As so now he wants to take a pause. Not surprising. When he wins he pats everybody on the back after the game but when he loses then he's not so gracious.

I wouldn't put Kansas in that group. They beat a top 10 Creighton team. Their loss is to a really good zags team.
I’m not impressed. They’re not winning the big12

And for all of those coaches, they can get in the unemployment insurance lines with everyone else. You guys don't get to keep your fat salaries. Let's see how many agree then?

Good point, they can opt out like ballplayers and not get a paycheck. And since they aren't working no need for Nike money either.

You never did.

You are tough.

Back to the Topic. Coach K could have opted out of the season himself as I said. Everybody was given that option. At this point roll the ball out on the court for the future of the student athletes and the enjoyment of the college basketball fan bases. That is a very selfish opinion by Coach K just because he doesn't have a National Championship favorite team this year.

Back to the Topic. Coach K could have opted out of the season himself as I said. Everybody was given that option. At this point roll the ball out on the court for the future of the student athletes and the enjoyment of the college basketball fan bases. That is a very selfish opinion by Coach K just because he doesn't have a National Championship favorite team this year.

Deep. You are wise.

I think it's a smart play. Although you can never count out Kansas.

Yeah Kansas has owned that league forever. But Baylor is loaded for bear (pun intended) this season. Their fourth guard (kid named Flagler, transfer from Presbyterian) would be a starter on 95% of the teams in the country.

These were the same things you and others were saying back in August about college football. Some of the hand wringing was over the top. I don't think there is any doubt that the decision to play football was a win-win for everyone involved - players, coaches, fans and administrators.

Thats one too many wins for SU.

He should include the end of last years team into this, and let the hypocrisy run rampant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom