Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

He reminds me of Marrone...he did take a mess at Baylor and got them to a bowl game in year 2.

In an alternate universe where Dino went to USC this year, I wouldn’t be crazy about Rhule as the new SU HC. The pro game is more complex and dealing with NFL players is not the same as college kids.

He reminds me of Marrone...he did take a mess at Baylor and got them to a bowl game in year 2.

He also did a great job at Temple, and churned out quite a few NFL players. Might be a worthwhile darkhorse.

Do the Jets realize those high flying Baylor Os were before Rhule? It seems odd that he is even on the radar let alone a strong candidate.
The Colts almost hired him last year

Former Syracuse coach Kevin Coyle is now a head coach

Been a weird year for coaching jobs...lots of churn very late in the hiring season. Maybe we can send Schiano to Baylor. LOL
Not really. There was/is always movement after signing day in February.

I ask this innocently and am hoping the answer is an easy no...is there any fear that if Rhule gets the Jets job, Baylor might try to steal Dino away?

I ask this innocently and am hoping the answer is an easy no...is there any fear that if Rhule gets the Jets job, Baylor might try to steal Dino away?
Unless Dino deadset on getting out of Syracuse I don’t see Baylor as a team to fear.
Baylor job isn’t as good as the Maryland job and we all laughed at the Thames article linking Dino to Maryland.
I don’t see Baylor paying Dino more than we are after the extension.

Sure, they may try. Will they succeed? No

Unless Dino deadset on getting out of Syracuse I don’t see Baylor as a team to fear.
Baylor job isn’t as good as the Maryland job and we all laughed at the Thames article linking Dino to Maryland.
I don’t see Baylor paying Dino more than we are after the extension.
Do any of us have a guesstimate on what his pay is? I literally have no clue

Do any of us have a guesstimate on what his pay is? I literally have no clue
Dino was making 2-2.4 million these past 3 years. My guess is his new contract would be 3-3.5 million with bonuses. If Dino got 4 million [per yr(I hope he did BTW) then he isn't leaving here unless its a factory school.

Dino was making 2-2.4 million these past 3 years. My guess is his new contract would be 3-3.5 million with bonuses. If Dino got 4 million [per yr(I hope he did BTW) then he isn't leaving here unless its a factory school.
That makes sense. My biggest fear is FSU. Bc I know a few people connected there who are obsessed with him. Dino is an opportunist, let’s not forget

My guess is 4+

With Georgia's talent, wonder why he left for Tennessee

Two fold, he wants to retire soon and plans to live in TN post-retirement. Also, all is not well in Athens. I posted back about a month ago that there was a lot of noise coming behind the scenes at UGA and people would be leaving. Winning kept it together but after the Bama collapse it's coming to a head.

Since then, Fields transferred, Tucker left because he got sick of Kirby, Chaney left, a bunch of their underclassmen declared for the draft when they know they'll probably be drafted at best in the 3rd round and they had a pretty good young TE leave that they were counting on to start next year.

Saban is going to make some serious moves to his staff after Monday night. He'll go hard after Pittman at UGA to replace Key and I'm hearing Tosh or Golding maybe both will be gone too and his eye is on Arranda. Maybe some more offensive staff turnover as well. Saban is furious that his team was as unprepared and looked as bad as it did on Monday.

I don’t LOVE this.

I dont think Maryland’s magically going to become a top 35 team, but they have a hell of a pool of talent within a 100 mile vicinity of their campus.

I don’t LOVE this.

I dont think Maryland’s magically going to become a top 35 team, but they have a hell of a pool of talent within a 100 mile vicinity of their campus.

Locksley hasn’t proven that he can coach yet.

Locksley is going to kill it at Maryland.

He just won the award for top assistant, New Mexic was a decade ago, and he’s already proven capable of attracting talent to Umd (Stefon Diggs, Dwayne Haskins before the Univ bailed on him to hire Durkin)

I’m giving myself no wiggle room here. Either I’m right or I am hilariously wrong and I’ll bump this post in two years and we can all have a good laugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom