Coaching Carousel | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

PhatOrange said:
Just saw a report that the Tulsa OC ended up turning Texas down
If that guy says no, it'll be hysterical. This is one of the greatest Twitter stories of the current coaching cycle.

If that guy says no, it'll be hysterical. This is one of the greatest Twitter stories of the current coaching cycle.
Strange folks down there in Texas.

upload_2015-12-11_23-1-45.png

They are paying the dude $900K to be their OC apparently. That program has more cash than the Yankees

Smart man. Wants to keep working them Air Raid skills and not be out of a job this time next year.

Gilbert was Dino's OC for 3 years before going to Tulsa.

Their top choice, sonny cumbie, already said no to 3 years guaranteed, $1mm a year. If the Tulsa dude says no people in Austin are going to lose their minds.

I think everyone is worried that next year is Strong's make or break year and the qb for the team is still in highschool. Chances are it's a one year gig.

Their top choice, sonny cumbie, already said no to 3 years guaranteed, $1mm a year. If the Tulsa dude says no people in Austin are going to lose their minds.

I think everyone is worried that next year is Strong's make or break year and the qb for the team is still in highschool. Chances are it's a one year gig.

Which means he asked for assurances, and if Orangeblood's tweet is correct, he got them. I'm sure he's worried he won't be able to work a one-year miracle there and will need two to three years, just like Babers. Prez had to tell him that he and Strong were safe at the end of 2016 regardless of record.

Those coaching dominoes continue to fall. Will Pitt just promote from within for OC and grab another offensive guy? Glad SU snapped up the coach from Virginia before this.

Looks like Ped State hired Joe Morehead (Fordham HC) to be their offensive coordinator. This will be an interesting one to watch.

I thought this was of interested to us, as he was a candidate tossed around here as a HC. lots of offense at Fordham.

PhatOrange said:
Looks like Ped State hired Joe Morehead (Fordham HC) to be their offensive coordinator. This will be an interesting one to watch. I thought this was of interested to us, as he was a candidate tossed around here as a HC. lots of offense at Fordham.

Yeah - that's a good hire for them. Still think Franklin is doomed there, but he is trying to fix the offense

Speaking of ECU, UVa hired Ruffin McNeil, the former ECU head coach, as an associate head coach and inside LBs coach. WR coach Marcus Hagans will be retained and 6 coaches from BYU's offense will come to UVa, including (especially) OC Robert Anae.

Speaking of ECU, UVa hired Ruffin McNeil, the former ECU head coach, as an associate head coach and inside LBs coach. WR coach Marcus Hagans will be retained and 6 coaches from BYU's offense will come to UVa, including (especially) OC Robert Anae.

Hiring McNeill was a super decision by Mendenhall/UVA and tells me that he (like the other 3 new HCs in the ACC) is posed to make a major + impact on the conference - good for UVa. I'm very optimistic about the future of the ACC with the 4 new HC hires. Just don't have ND, UCLA, and Boise State on your schedule in the same year again - that was crazy.

McNeill worked with your new OC Anae for 7 years off and on at UNLV and [Texas] Tech so the BYU/UVa staff must have heard about the inexplicable ECU decision to release him.

Last edited: