Coaching Changes | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Changes

Cuse4Life

Walk On
Anselmo - Fire - no reason to have Nassau coach anymore, was great for the first 3 to get this jumpstarted. Conley should be able to coach all the LBs, if not then we have problems there

Daust/Brumbaugh - Must figure out who to like most and go with 1 DL coach. The dline didnt do much this year and this could be a result of two different coaches and not having the players on the same page.

Hackett - I think being an OC, QB coach and TE coach is way to much for basically a first year coach...reduce his duties to only OC or position coach

Just three that I think need to be looked at but after this year maybe everyone needs a review...

Hackett is gone ... I do not think he was too happy with the end of season demotion and may pack his bags on his own

Hackett is gone ... I do not think he was too happy with the end of season demotion and may pack his bags on his own

Is this something you know, or sort of know or are you completely speculating? I didn't realize he had been demoted other then it looked like Marrone was more involved today and possibly setting up the play-calling.

Hackett had been demoted? Is that true? I thought he just moved from the box to the sideline.

With the absolute disaster on special teams for the past 4-5 games, don't we really need to bring back a focused special teams coach? We had issues with kickoff coverage, punt coverage, blocked kicks, kickoff returns, etc.

Well if true (and I'm not saying your wrong) maybe this will make it easier for HCDM to step out of the box a little bit and find a more dynamic O-Coordinator. Truthfully I think he will be even more resilient to keep staying the course.

On the flip side, if HCDM was calling most of the plays today despite the mistakes I did like the play-calling until the 4th Q. Had we not been down by 2 scores the 4th Q plays would have been fine but not given the situation. Or at least the players could have been asked to display a little more urgency with getting the plays off quicker.

They could get more plays a game if they played more hurry up offense

He's currently the Defensive Coordinator/LB Coach at Marshall. We should be able to offer more money, yes? Spend some ACC cash and get it done.

recruiting

coached all over the virginias ... an area we will be in frequently

did you read his bio?

I hope Steve Addazio is willing to hold out for the SU job...though there are a lot of good opening out there and doing what he did "with Al Golden's kids" (if that's even something you can say at a program like Temple) will make him a hot commodity.

That being said, I believe Marrone deserves his 4th year. I'm rooting for him. Not because I really like him (I'd prefer a more fiery coach) but if he succeeds, that means the team probably won a few games. Though for a supposed disciplinarian, our players sure do commit a lot of penalties, drop a ton of balls, and commit a bunch of turnovers.

However, I agree with most that we need a dedicated Special Teams coach with a recruiting reputation. I'd also love to see Hackett go but I'd be willing to keep him if we pick up a [hopefully] better coordinator. Is Hackett a whiz recruiter? If so, keep him but "demote" to a position coach.

A lot of hot OC names are out there, many of whom are probably looking for HC jobs so it'd be hard to pluck away the standard names (Monken, Malzahn, Petrino, etc.) but what about Dan Hawkins? I know he was run out of Boulder but he set up the offense at Boise State before Chris Petersen. I have no pull/connections/millions of dollars but just a name I think could come cheap to SU if he's looking to get out of the TV booth and re-establish himself as an offensive mind and get back into coaching.

recruiting

coached all over the virginias ... an area we will be in frequently

did you read his bio?

I did, that was the only thing that jumped out at me. Again not trying to be a , just wondering. Just because he recruited those areas doesn't mean he is actually getting any recruits. I didn't know if you knew that he was pulling in quality recruits for Virginia.

i understand -- he has been with Mike London for a bit now ... he brought him with him to Virginia because he does a very very good job

i understand -- he has been with Mike London for a bit now ... he brought him with him to Virginia because he does a very very good job

Gotcha - just didn't know whether he recruited the area or was actually doing a good job doing it. That would obviously be an important area for us to have a good recruiter in.

he has been battling VaTech and winning enough recruiting battles with them that I would consider him a great pick up

not saying they would look at him or he would even leave Virginia for Syracuse

Two most important thngs we need to get in offseason:
1) Special teams Coach with success on the college level
2) Good recruiter

Rob spence type situation

IF true, then DM should stop the charade and just make himself OC. If he's had two OC's in three years, he likely will never be satisfied with anyone other than himself. Not saying that's a bad thing, just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug will either hire another yes man like Hack keep hack or take over the job himself. I think he should run the O as he is too stubborn to give the keys to a true OC. If he is going to be fired next year than he might as well go down swinging

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom