Coaching Staff Update | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Staff Update

44PRIDE

All Conference
I've been living in a work induced bubble for the past few weeks and haven't been able to keep tabs to the coaching shake-up's as closely as I would like. Between the daily poaching and new hires, I have absolutely no idea who is on our staff.

Could someone give me a breakdown on who we've hired? Last I knew, we lost Wheatley and Luther. Is Anselmo still on staff?

HC: Scott Shafer

OC: George McDonald

DC: Chuck Bullough

QB Coach: Tim Lester

RB Coach: DeAndre Smith

WR Coach: Rob Moore

LB Coach: Clark Lea

DL Coach: Tim Daoust

Head Coach - Shafer
Offensive Coordinator - George McDonald
Defensive Coodinator - Chuck Bullough
Quarterbacks - Tim Lester
Running Backs - DeAndre Smith (not yet officially official)
Wide Receivers - Rob Moore
Tight Ends - TBD (McDonald?)
Offensive Linemen - TBD
Defensive Linemen - Tim Daoust
Linebacker - Clark Lea (in directory)
Defensive Backs - TBD

So two left (DB & OL most likely) with Recruiting Coordinator and Special Teams Coordinator Positions still open

*Morrison isn't officially gone, but he isn't officially here, either.

Morrison is still on the staff, per suathletics.com. Not sure why everyone has counted him out.

Morrison is still on the staff, per suathletics.com. Not sure why everyone has counted him out.

Because in the official Syracuse release yesterday it only stated Rob Moore and Tim Daoust returning.

Because SU Athletics had an announcement about coaches who were retained and he wasn't on it and when Shafer was asked about it later he said he couldn't comment on it. That doesn't mean Morrison is gone, but if he was 100% here I bet he would have been announced or Shafer would have said it was an oversight when asked about it later.

Because in the official Syracuse release yesterday it only stated Rob Moore and Tim Daoust returning.

Spaz, you and I are on the same wavelength today, though you appear to be traveling it much faster than I am.

And a strength and conditioning spot to fill.

Because SU Athletics had an announcement about coaches who were retained and he wasn't on it and when Shafer was asked about it later he said he couldn't comment on it. That doesn't mean Morrison is gone, but if he was 100% here I bet he would have been announced or Shafer would have said it was an oversight when asked about it later.

Ah, ok. Sounds like he's gone, then.

HE TOOK ANSELMO? SERIOUSLY?

What in the hell does an NFL coach need a nearly retired former JUCO coach with recruiting ties to NYC for? What a sadistic f*cker this dude is...

Maybe Marrone can finally close the deal on Ishaq and Ogundeko. Sure as hell couldn't do it here...

Ah, ok. Sounds like he's gone, then.
He could very well be gone but the way Shafer phrased it in his interview with Nolan might suggest he is being retained.

Maybe the reason Shafer can't discuss the Morrison situation yet is because they're hammering out contract details for an expanded role for him.

or

He's gone but they can't announce until his contract has officially expired (or he resigns)...which I think is the end of the month for month assistants.

What in the hell does an NFL coach need a nearly retired former JUCO coach with recruiting ties to NYC for? What a sadistic f*cker this dude is...

Maybe Marrone can finally close the deal on Ishaq and Ogundeko. Sure as hell couldn't do it here...
Well as the Bills HC, at least he lure EO with money just like Clemson did. ;-)

Is EO rocking a Bimmer now? Or is that speculation?

Isn't McDonald RC, too?

He could very well be gone but the way Shafer phrased it in his interview with Nolan might suggest he is being retained.

Maybe the reason Shafer can't discuss the Morrison situation yet is because they're hammering out contract details for an expanded role for him.

or

He's gone but they can't announce until his contract has officially expired (or he resigns)...which I think is the end of the month for month assistants.
Or maybe he's interviewing for other positions with a fallback option of coaching DBs (or something else) if it doesn't pan out. I could see him discussing this with Shafe and getting some leeway. Can't fault a guy for trying to improve his lot from co-LB coach. Especially when that position might not even exist anymore with the new hire.

Maybe its so he can get the guy a nice bump in pay before he retires.

Maybe he was leaving SU one way or another regardless.

Maybe Shafer said in for a dime in for a dollar and wanted the slot.

Maybe its so he can get the guy a nice bump in pay before he retires.
Maybe he was leaving SU one way or another regardless.
Maybe Shafer said in for a dime in for a dollar and wanted the slot.

Don't blame Anselmo for the reasons you state above. Its more of a reflection on Marrone that he'd waste a valuable staff position with a high school recruiter with JUCO coaching experience.

At this point, he can take the whole staff for all I care. Oh wait...

See, it did not take you that long to catch up to us. welcome back

Is EO rocking a Bimmer now? Or is that speculation?

Just joking since there is a BMW plant in South Carolina. I'm going to have to use the wink icon from now on but since it was Clemson I can see how some may have thought it to be true!

I wanted to create a venn diagram showing all of the coaches and their past relationships, but it got too complicated.
Instead, I will just summarize their past coaching relationships.

Syracuse
Shafer, Daoust, Moore, (and Morrison) worked together at the same time.

Western Michigan
Shafer, McDonald, Lester, Bullough, Daoust, (and Morrison) worked together at the same time.

Northern Illinois
Shafer, McDonald, Smith, and Daoust worked together at the same time.

UCLA
Bullough and Lea worked together at the same time.

Other relationships and near misses:

Stanford
McDonald worked with Nathaniel Hackett at the same time.
Shafer was at Stanford after this time.

Illinois
McDonald played there.
Shafer and Smith coached there, but all at different times.

Cleveland Browns
McDonald and Bullough both worked for the Browns, but one year apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom