Coaching Staff | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Staff

Not an assumption that a freshman took over as our starting tackle after a transfer left the team (fact)
Do you know why said transfer left the team? Not an assumption - someone had to start (fact).

It’s also a fact our 3rd string center got hurt and our 4th string center wasn’t close to ready.
I do not think it should be assumed that the OL coach determined the starting lineup or came up with the idea to have Servais lose all that weight. I don’t know for sure who made all these calls but I know for certain there is reason to think others were at least also involved. The OL play was very bad the last 2 years. A lot of people have not been doing a great job. That is why we have a new OC.

I do not think it should be assumed that the OL coach determined the starting lineup or came up with the idea to have Servais lose all that weight. I don’t know for sure who made all these calls but I know for certain there is reason to think others were at least also involved. The OL play was very bad the last 2 years. A lot of people have not been doing a great job. That is why we have a new OC.

Hey, I didn’t make any assumptions. :)

Might have just found that last coach.
1579650423142.png

Sorry, should have quoted AngryOtto to make it clearer who I was responding to.

Interesting - Florida and New England recruiter. I like the Florida part, I wonder how well he recruited Florida.

If Martin is staying that would mean our new OC and DC would be bringing in exactly zero coaches from the outside which would be shocking to me.

I dont see why Gilbert would need to bring anyone in. He's running the same system we've been running the past four seasons. Arnett on the other hand ...? Part of the problem may be that their guys seemingly have no recruiting experience in the locations we target.

I dont see why Gilbert would need to bring anyone in. He's running the same system we've been running the past four seasons. Arnett on the other hand ...? Part of the problem may be that their guys seemingly have no recruiting experience in the locations we target.

Gilbert is indeed running the same system, but you would still think he would want at least one guy of his own so to speak.

Gilbert is indeed running the same system, but you would still think he would want at least one guy of his own so to speak.
He coached with Lynch as far back as EIU and he also has Babers
So I would think the three of them have a pretty good relationship
Could still see having someone come in with him being a good idea

I agree having coaching connections to the areas we recruit is very important. However I think that knowing a new system and being able to implement it quickly may be more important at this time. I guess time will tell if the current staff can implement the new system affectively with Arnetts guidance if that the way HCDB ultimately decides.

I think the only 3 guys from McNeese with a connection to Babers were Mattox, who seems happy at UTSA, Lepak and Lanear Sampson.

I agree, unfortunately. You can't keep ignoring recruiting when hiring assistants and expect it to improve. We need a Troy Weaver-type.
For hoops too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom